It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun store owner: We called FBI before Orlando shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan
a reply to: DBCowboy

Every person who ever did a mass killing did so because they wanted to be accepted. That why this guy wanted to join ISIS, he just wanted to belong to something. We pick and jab at these people and when they finally explode people are shocked

So when you say that white american business owners are racist/wrong for carrying the american flag in their own business, what exactly are you trying to accomplish??

Do you think he handpicked ISIS because they are so well known for accepting all kinds of lifestyles (gays) others than their own?

I do agree that we need to accept each others for who we are, to avoid these kinds of things

But let me ask you this, do you think its the world who needs to change, or is it you?
If you answer the world, are YOU accepting people as they are??

Just food for thoughts my friend

edit on 17-6-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestionThe phone company should have a record of the call being made or will these records be conviently lost. This makes you wonder if these events are being deliberatly let happen as part of an agender as the ptb relise that false flags are getting harder to get away with.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Just saying...knowing the left and Obama's agenda, maybe there is another conspiracy here. Maybe the same conspiracy exists elsewhere. Maybe the left and Obama are forwarding their gun agenda by ALLOWING individuals to remain free so they CAN commit mass crimes involving guns so they can point to the tragedy and demand gun confiscation...eventually.

Facts:
The FBI was made aware of this guy by the gun shop.
The FBI had been watching this guy before and let him go.
This guy was on the "no fly" list (which from what I hear is near impossible to get off) and was removed.
Obama's speeches center on gun control while barely mentioning the crime itself of the killer.
A well known history of the left loving every moment and event of a gun crime.

I'll go as far as saying this. It is entirely possible in my mind that Baltimore, Sandy Hook and many more were somewhat staged. This could have been as simple as not arresting or detaining the killer(s) once it was obvious they would act. It could be more. Maybe the reason so many consider some of these "mass murders" worthy and suspect of a conspiracy is that there were things that shouldn't have happened or things that don't make sense and the reason is that the FBI, police, etc. were told to ignore it, or prevented from acting thus allowing the crimes to occur so the left could cry "we need more gun laws".

It isn't too far fetched...they ignore illegals entering the country, they allow sanctuary cities, they have released terrorists from Gitmo who have since killed more Americans, they support allowing ISIS infiltrated "refugees" to enter our country, etc. There is a track record of Obama breaking or allowing laws to be broken and (in my opinion) a proven precedent that Obama and the left consider American lives expendable if it forwards their agenda.

Some believe the same about 9/11. That wouldn't shock me either and would then bring the right into the equation. Hell...maybe both sides are involved in the same type of game for different reasons. In the end...we are expendable pawns.

What crimes were they committing in Benghazi that supported allowing the death of Americans?
What crime were they committing in the still-hidden-by-Obama "Fast and Furious" plan?
How many other time has this administration, and possibly others ALLOWED Americans to die to hide their crimes or force their agenda?

Nice...isn't it?
edit on 6/17/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: YukonJuan apparently these employees instincts were right on so maybe you should not lok down on them.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
the FBI's problem is he was a full citizen making legal purchases

if you should be put under surveillance for buying something, maybe it should be illegal ?

They put thousands of people on no-fly lists for the most ridiculous reasons but this guy had already been on the FBI's radar as a potential isis terror threat. Not good enough for you to make the distinction? It is for most healthy minded people.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Every person who ever did a mass killing did so because they wanted to be accepted. That why this guy wanted to join ISIS, he just wanted to belong to something. We pick and jab at these people and when they finally explode people are shocked

No one can "drive" anyone to do anything... much less such a violent and heinous crime.

A man can be driven to do anything. This guy is living proof of that. If only people would have accepted him and his gay life style this would not have had to happen. Sad world we live in.

Ridiculous

Go hug Ted bundy's gravestone and shed a tear while doing it. Even he killed less people then this guy but he also did not have a hate group to turn to for "Support" luckily mass murderers have people like you.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 17 Jun 2016 06:59:21 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

May I ask one question to which I promise no follow-up to whatever response you care to make?

From your post, are you in favor of the US Government increasing surveillance or taking other investigative against an American citizen based on the "bad feelings" of other Americans?

Let's ignore the 20/20 hindsight that we now know that Mateen is a mass-murderer.

Thanks.
edit on 17-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: IAMTAT

Excellent question.

Speaking in Arabic indicates coordination with other extremists... gives credence to ISIS taking credit for the attack.

Nope can't be

Obama and Hillary already assured us he was a "lonewolf" disturbed person.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If only people would have accepted him and his gay life style this would not have had to happen. Sad world we live in.

The gay community (those he targeted) would have. it's his religion and probably his family, that did not.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

From your post, are you in favor of the US Government increasing surveillance or taking other investigative against an American citizen based on the "bad feelings" of other Americans?

That would depend on the basis of their "bad feelings," including in terms of what the person said or did to cause those "bad feelings," and the experience/knowledge of the person getting the "bad feelings."

In this case, it's already been noted that Mateen avoided the cameras in the store, and they didn't have any ID on him, so there was very little the employees could tell the FBI, and virtually nothing they could do about it. But assuming they were able to ID the guy, under the same circumstances -- previous surveillance/investigation, avoiding cameras within the store, then after being told he could not buy the armor he makes a phone call and speaks in a foreign language, at the very least indicating that he is not there on his own behalf, the amount of ammo he wanted to purchase -- yes, I would think increased surveillance/investigation is appropriate. I think probable cause has been met.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Firstly Mateen was an American citizen.

Second if all he asked for is #3 armor, bulk ammo and spoke a what a gun store owner knew to be Arabic language. Did I miss something?

What should the FBI do when a customer asks 2 questions and then speaks in a diff tongue? He already was on a watch list, in 2012 and nothing happened. It is really hard to read peoples minds, in most cases there is little that could be done to stop these terrible shootings. You want to know why? Cause we are a free people living in a free country.

The only logical way to stop mass shootings is either confiscate all guns (good luck), everyone carries a gun (good luck). We are stuck, but certain groups love to use this issue, divide and conquer.

Well it was the combination of all three.

Normally Class 3 armor is not something you buy unless you are police, bodyguard or security. All of which have some kind of ID. Combine that with the bulk ammo request and the language, and yes I think they did the right thing.

On the other hand that does not give the police an excuses to kick down his door ether. But a polite visit to ask a couple question would be in order. If they find it is just a person stocking up then drop it. (And yes that means NOT putting someone on some kind of list.)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Fair points that you make, but again all of them are based on assumptions. Let us not beat around the bush, the main reason the gun shop employees were alarmed was because of this mans ehtnicity not because of what he asked for.

Is this based on assumptions? How do we know the shop employees are not Arab? Or Cuban?

If a white cowboy came into my store and did the same thing, I would refuse.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Gryphon66

That would depend on the basis of their "bad feelings," including in terms of what the person said or did to cause those "bad feelings," and the experience/knowledge of the person getting the "bad feelings."

In this case, it's already been noted that Mateen avoided the cameras in the store, and they didn't have any ID on him, so there was very little the employees could tell the FBI, and virtually nothing they could do about it. But assuming they were able to ID the guy, under the same circumstances -- previous surveillance/investigation, avoiding cameras within the store, then after being told he could not buy the armor he makes a phone call and speaks in a foreign language, at the very least indicating that he is not there on his own behalf, the amount of ammo he wanted to purchase -- yes, I would think increased surveillance/investigation is appropriate. I think probable cause has been met.

Thanks. I don't disagree with you. Irrationally, I wish that this particular "tip" had been followed up on.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nothing irrational about that; just human. I wish they could have followed up on this too. I wish the shop had cameras in the parking lot to catch license plates. I wish lots of things -- some very irrational! -- but not this. Never this.

No one deserved this. No one should be going through this. Everyone in that club and all of their loved ones deserve better than this. Stay strong, Gryph.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You guys se were this is going…

Well obviously, if watch lists, background checks, the FBI and gunstore owners can't stop the bad guys, we'll just have to make all firearms illegal, period.

Gongggg! "Bring outcher guns!"

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I would be surprised if his father wasn't the one who radicalized him and got him to martyr himself.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
You guys se were this is going…

Well obviously, if watch lists, background checks, the FBI and gunstore owners can't stop the bad guys, we'll just have to make all firearms illegal, period.

Gongggg! "Bring outcher guns!"

Right ... all 322 million of them (and counting, as gun sales aways skyrocket after mass shootings.)

The myth that the government will ban and confiscate all guns is just ... painfully irrational.

But effective in the minds of some; carry on.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Like his predecessor and his successor, Barack is just a figurehead, a sock puppet doing as he is told.

This event was staged and directed by people behind the scenes, not Obama himself.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Like his predecessor and his successor, Barack is just a figurehead, a sock puppet doing as he is told.

This event was staged and directed by people behind the scenes, not Obama himself.

While I am not committed to what I assume is your belief that the NWO or whatever is pulling all the strings, it would make many individuals including the president co-conspirators and therefore...they are just as much to blame. If you wish to re-take the hill, you knock the "king" off of it first. Sure...there are others supporting those on the hill, but you can only get to the ones within your reach.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The myth that the government will ban and confiscate all guns is just … painfully irrational.

They aren't going to 'ban them', or take them away, just chisel away at private ownership until they are illegal. As if that hasn't been the trend all along. And you won't be a declared criminal for not turning yours in.

As if every violent 'gun crime' isn't overinflated to call for more legislation, to place new limitations on privately owned firearms. As if these events by a few aren't used as an excuse to blanket legislate law abiding citizens. As if these laws have zero effect on the Police and US military acquiring all the arms they need to oppress us and the world with.

Nice ploy by the way, clamoring on the one hand for more gun control and promising not to take them on the other.

Now all we need to declare martial law and make firearms illegal is another major terror incident here at home.

Stay tuned…

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join