It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun store owner: We called FBI before Orlando shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Call me cynical and you would be correct, but the "hill" of which you speak--constitutional governance through elected officials--will not be retaken. The barbarians are inside the gate, and have been for years.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
You guys se were this is going…

Well obviously, if watch lists, background checks, the FBI and gunstore owners can't stop the bad guys, we'll just have to make all firearms illegal, period.

Gongggg! "Bring outcher guns!"

That's exactly what is happening.

The narrative is being pushed that the shooter was "under investigation by the FBI," and an all around take on that fact and how he still was able to get these firearms and ammunition.

This is important because this is their problem reaction solution coming into play. Pushing the story that the shooter was "under investigation," and now the Democrat Donald Trump is saying that "people on watch lists should lose their right to own a weapon," so now we have hardcore "gun loving," Republicans who are cheering on the gun control issue.

For decades conservatives have constantly said "shall not be infringed." Now that their messiah Trump is saying the same thing... they're defending him and applauding him for common sense measures.

This gun control "debate," just got much stranger. Conservatives have whined and bitched about gun control for years now... and now they're supporting a candidate who is in favor of gun control.

Lol. Still an outsider and "anti-establishment," by some twisted means of logic as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
OK...I've got a question. Yes, a question. I don't know the answer, I'm not baiting anyone...just a question. It seems that the gun store didn't have much information for the FBI to follow and that seems to be the reason/excuse for there being little or no follow up.

But...if a gun store reports someone trying to buy armor, mass amounts of ammo and appears to be of middle eastern dissent...why wouldn't the FBI stop by with pictures of area people who are suspect or considered "people of interest" for the gun store owner/employees to look through?

I guess there could be too many such people in the area or maybe there are too many such reports. And while hind-sight is 20/20, why wouldn't they come by with a "most wanted" type list at least?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

For decades conservatives have constantly said "shall not be infringed." Now that their messiah Trump is saying the same thing... they're defending him and applauding him for common sense measures.

As soon as I read about Trump saying that, then I knew that I'd be voting for Gary Johnson.

Seems everyone is ignoring due process, individual rights, and the failure of Obama and Hillary to combat ISIS.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Don't take this as me trying to sound like I know something special...I don't. But while there is no way to attack the corruption piece by piece there is another way. Removing a few corrupt segments of this government would never work. They would be replaced and our government has become a beast. It won't allow itself to be taken apart as much as it refuses to cut off an arm (eg. a department that isn't effective). However...it can be torn down and rebuilt from the foundation with clean materials. But even that is a problem. A revolution would be difficult and maybe even impossible with how the military has been disbursed around the world. But a natural disaster or a man-made technical disaster could force a rebuilding. The next problem is assuring that our original Constitution would still reign as the foundation. Many would try to institute their own ideas for a "new" way. And finally...this "rebuilding" would likely have to be revisited every few hundred years to "clean house" and start anew.

So while there is little hope for returning to what America once was, it isn't impossible. I assume that you agree that our "progress" no longer benefits the people...as I believe. Right now, all we can do is put out fires and hope that one day, something helps us somehow start rebuilding and getting back to a country run by the people...instead of a country where the people are expendable livestock.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
TOO bad the current POTUS is a traitor allowing them to hit us like this...

I hope and pray it's not even worse than "allowing" hits like this... There's incompetence and honest mistakes and outright sabotage.

Indeed.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

OK...I've got a question. Yes, a question. I don't know the answer, I'm not baiting anyone...just a question. It seems that the gun store didn't have much information for the FBI to follow and that seems to be the reason/excuse for there being little or no follow up.

But...if a gun store reports someone trying to buy armor, mass amounts of ammo and appears to be of middle eastern dissent...why wouldn't the FBI stop by with pictures of area people who are suspect or considered "people of interest" for the gun store owner/employees to look through?

That's a very good question!

I admit I hadn't thought of that before you asked... but if you can think of it, it seems that the authorities should have thought of it as well. Perhaps a matter of not enough time or agents to do so? But even then, they could have the guys come in to an office and look at known suspects/offenders. In this particular case it still may not have made a difference, since I don't believe Mateen had an arrest record... but it could make all the difference in other cases.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The narrative is being pushed that the shooter was "under investigation by the FBI," and an all around take on that fact and how he still was able to get these firearms and ammunition.

It will never be sufficient until they eliminate private ownership.

"The system isn't working, we must take stricter measures!" Yah thats the plan. In fact the more they can promote not only more measures but more massacres, the more they have to chew on.

Think about it. The most recent controversy about bathrooms, transgender and sexual preference has indirectly fostered this shooting in Orlando.

Just the way they planned it. Now link it to guns, the war on terror and gays and we have endless media grist for them to chew on about; more war on terror, more war on guns and more restrictions on the American public at large.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Contacting the FBI is a joke. The police department I used to work for violated several laws, and of course ignored my complaints about said violations. To complain to the FBI you have to send an e-mail. No phone number, no direct contact with anyone. Just send an e-mail and hope they get it. Then they don't follow up. No phone call, no investigation, no interview, no letter. I went to the local office in person to see what was going on. All kinds of security. Then speaking through a bullet-proof glass window they guy in the lobby gave me a 1-800 number for open records. They couldn't even tell me if my complaints were being investigated, or had even been received.

If they handle terror tips like they handle anything else, this isn't surprising at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
the FBI's problem is he was a full citizen making legal purchases

if you should be put under surveillance for buying something, maybe it should be illegal ?

The gun laws in the US right now make his purchases totally legal. Suspicious, absolutely, but 100% legal. So for all of you crying about "this person made this happen" or "that person allowed it to happen" you're wrong. The system allowed it to happen.

I feel for the gun store employees, as they did the right thing. However, had that been a white man purchasing the same items and the gun store called the FBI on him, and the man was arrested...would all of you be saying the same thing? Would you be cursing Obama for "taking away his rights?"

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Call me cynical and you would be correct, but the "hill" of which you speak--constitutional governance through elected officials--will not be retaken. The barbarians are inside the gate, and have been for years.

To put it mildly.

I think it's far far worse than even we realize . . . than we can guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

In all fairness to the FBI when the apologist-in-chief erases these people from watchlists so as not to offend anyone.

Obama Admin Scrubs 1,000 Names From Terror Watch List

tennesseewatchman.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

No, that is what I was saying! In fact that is what Army Colonel Philip J. Corso talked about in his book, "The Day After Roswell."

edit on 17-6-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

True, but the gun store employees have the right to refuse sale if someone seems suspicious. And a guy walking up out of nowhere and asking for level 3 body armor and then bulk ammunition while talking with an unknown person, whom also was apparently Arab or atleast an Arabic speaker and was interested in the shooters acquisition of armor/ammo is suspicious. Hence stranger interested in serious hardware who is working with someone else interested in serious hardware = suspicious.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I dunno what office you dealt with but the one in my neck of the woods has an agent answering the phone 24 hours a day and also has walk-in hours, and submitting tips or information electronically is an option but not a requirement.

To put a point on it, any office I've dealt with has a public phone number with an agent to answer the phone.

Not discounting your experience, just doesn't seem standard from my point of view. All that said, I can't disagree about the possible lack of follow up you experienced. Now THAT part I have seen happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: YukonJuan

So it's the fault of the gun shop owners that this loser killed all these people.

I see.

Makes as much sense as when you guys blame obama for everything, but it dosent stop you guys for blaming dear leader for everything under the sun.

edit on 17-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The co-owner of a Florida gun store says his employees contacted law enforcement before the Orlando shooting after gunman Omar Mateen attempted to purchase body armor and ammunition.

Mateen asked for level 3 body armor, according to Abell, but was told the store didn't carry it. He then made a phone call and spoke in Arabic before asking for bulk ammunition, but employees did not sell it to him.

His travel to Saudi Arabia. The home of ISIS.

And the FBI 'found' no terrorist connections.

What the hell ever.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I wonder who he was phoning from the gun store and speaking to in Arabic?

Saudis GIP.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

That's very discouraging to hear. And even more discouraging is that it's not surprising in the least. Pretty much the incompetence (apathy?) that I've come to expect from government.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

In all fairness to the FBI when the apologist-in-chief erases these people from watchlists so as not to offend anyone.

You're right of course. There are honest mistakes... even careless mistakes... but at some point it reaches the level of outright sabotage.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join