It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator: We Need Gun Control Because ‘Due Process Is What’s Killing Us Right Now’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why yes my fellow Americans! Due Process is what's killing us right now! Your constutional rights are absolutely meaningless! Joe Manchin a name most of you should remember during his election.

Remember this guy ?

He sure is singing a different tune today isn't he ?

Appearing on Morning Joe to discuss the gun control measures Democratic senators filibustered for 15 hours to advance, Senator Manchin said, “Due process is what’s killing us right now.”

Can the anti gunners be any more FASCIST ?

Peoples true colors are showing MORE so than ever.

Why yes people you don't need due process at all.

They have the right to turn you in to criminals any time they wish, and they can deny your RIGHTS whenever they are feeling froggie.

Zeig Heil!

Zeig Heil!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yeah screw Rights and due process of the Law...

Let's just kick everyone while they're down.

I hate people like this.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hes a Dem anyway but still, the whole phony Right establishment is caving in.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that people who pride themselves as free-thinkers can openly repeat propaganda without irony or insight and still believe they are "free-thinkers" who are not being manipulated.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"Zeig Heil" means "Show Heil".
"Sieg Heil" means "Victory Heil".
Just my pathetic [and do ignore it], irrelevant, OCD meddling. Can't help it as it is a bit funny.
Please continue...

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
And he refers to the Orlando killer a "gentleman".

These guys are getting so desperate.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Due process is what's killing us. You're taking his statement out of context. There is currently zero defense against a lone wolf attack because you cannot arrest a person for what they haven't yet done. Our only way around this is conspiracy charges, but lone wolves can't have conspiracy brought against them, because there's no agreement with another person.

Either we start with gun control or we accept that these sorts of attacks are unavoidable. Personally, I can understand that freedom carries risks, but many people can't and won't.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I see someone defending the INDEFENSIBLE.

Doesn't matter who it is.

The US constitution says in many amendments,

EVERY SINGLE person in this country gets their day in court and crimes proven beyond ALL reasonable doubt in front of a jury of their peers.

Not in the halls of congress by paid shills.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I do not understand how anyone can call themselves an American and disregard the need for "due process"? It's almost treasonous to suggest that we forgo our rights without due process. Since when did we became a nation ruled by the Napoleonic Code?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Due process is what's killing us. You're taking his statement out of context. There is currently zero defense against a lone wolf attack because you cannot arrest a person for what they haven't yet done. Our only way around this is conspiracy charges, but lone wolves can't have conspiracy brought against them, because there's no agreement with another person.

Either we start with gun control or we accept that these sorts of attacks are unavoidable. Personally, I can understand that freedom carries risks, but many people can't and won't.

If you want to live in a free society you accept the risks that come with it...

Dumping due process to "hopefully" stop a lone wold attack is insane...I am truly...

I need a drink..

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Either we start with gun control or we accept that these sorts of attacks are unavoidable.

No, these are not the only two options.

These are the only two options Democrats/Progressives mention,
because the end goal is to disarm America.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Either we start with gun control or we accept that these sorts of attacks are unavoidable.

That's what they call a false choice fallacy.

www.nizkor.org...

I will repeat what I just said in another thread.

The only thing gun control does is create a 'safe space' for mass shooters.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Eh, they are unavoidable. That lone wolf will just acquire their firearm illegally, or they will use a more destruction method of killing such as home made explosives.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Like Lanza that killed is mother.

Like the San Bernadino terrorists that used a straw buyer.

Like the Boston Bombers that used pressure cookers.

Like 9-11 that used box cutters.

edit on 16-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You are spot on in that they are part of a Fascist movement. Their plan for a long time was use any tragedy to advance the cause of stripping weaponry from citizens. When that did not work fast enough, then they began to create tragedies to advance their cause of leaving the masses powerless to confront the State as master and All-Father.

Every Democrat in the USA should be viewed with at least as much suspicion as many view the Republicans.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So a US politician is complaining about rights afforded to people.

Sounds about right.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So a US politician is complaining about rights afforded to people.

Sounds about right.

Even sadder.

The people that are going along with it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So with gun control, we won't have any more attacks?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: VivreLibre

Like Lanza that killed is mother.

Like the San Bernadino terrorists that used a straw buyer.

Like the Boston Bombers that used pressure cookers.

Like 9-11 that used box cutters.

Yes, people always forget that the worst terror attack in modern history was carried out with simple box cutters and intimidation tactics.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well despite all this theatre gun sales are through the roof this week Barack Obama the best gun salesman America's ever had.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join