It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Comedian Jim Jefferies on Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

What worked? People in different countries are 'brought up' to behave differently.

A better example for people is the part in Bowling for Colombine where Moore interviews Canadians about the need for arms and locks on doors.

Then theres the end in here, the choice between love and fear, brilliant…

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: intrptr

I've said before that gun-free-zones without adequate security are ridiculous and pointless. I am not disagreeing with that. Many other posters on this site take issues with people on any sort of FBI watch-list or whatever being barred from obtaining guns, though, even if it seems like an "obvious" thing.

Watch this part of the video again.
I'd be surprised if the Sandy Hook killer could scrounge up 34K all that easily.

It worked in Australia and England, as far as I'm aware.

I can buy black market cigarettes cheaper than the taxed ones in the store.
I can buy heroin down the street at some guys house.... on the legal market here in the US, heroin is priceless.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Kryties

Stick to the argument, if you can.

OK, so what is your opinion on the videos presented in the OP? Have you watched them? What specific points do you agree or disagree with and why?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I have before, if I am not mistaken, it was in a reply to one of your posts.

Not in this thread you haven't. Please post your examples for all of us to see.

Do these "examples" even exist?

edit on 16/6/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I think that point came up as a result of using "guns" too vaguely. I doubt there are guns along the lines of the AK-47 and M1911 (aka firearms, the type of things that would be targeted by "gun control" and which we are generally discussing) that have a boiled down use beyond destruction or the threat of destruction.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

What specific points do you agree or disagree with and why?

Guns aren't the issue, intent is.

How would I have prevented what happened is a useless question, I can't prevent it. All I can do is not be like the assholes of the world individually or collectively and not be like the law makers that 'pretend' they can make everyone 'safe'.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

How would I have prevented what happened is a useless question, I can't prevent it. All I can do is not be like the assholes of the world individually or collectively and not be like the law makers that 'pretend' they can make everyone 'safe'.

I ask AGAIN: What specific points IN THE VIDEOS do you agree or disagree with and why?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I have before, if I am not mistaken, it was in a reply to one of your posts.

Not in this thread you haven't. Please post your examples for all of us to see.

Do these "examples" even exist?

That post wasn't directed to you, it was directed to the OP, and I addressed the OP about my concerns.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I ask AGAIN: What specific points IN THE VIDEOS do you agree or disagree with and why?

But according to you, there are no points, so… whats the point?

Had my say…

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That post wasn't directed to you, it was directed to the OP, and I addressed the OP about my concerns.

You made a claim then offered to post examples. Yet when ASKED to post those examples you offer nothing but excuses.

Examples please. You offered and we are asking.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

But according to you, there are no points, so… whats the point?

Had my say…

OK then. Apparently you haven't watched the videos and have no valid concerns to bring up regarding any of the points in the videos. Gotya.

So what are you doing here then if you have no intention of addressing the topic of the thread? Remembering, of course, that is exactly what you tried to accuse ME of not doing.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Apparently a cat has suddenly gotten their tongues.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You made a claim then offered to post examples. Yet when ASKED to post those examples you offer nothing but excuses.

Examples please. You offered and we are asking.

No cats here.
You will get them.
I am glad that they won't let you have a gun.
You seem like the type that would commit mass violence... like you are a mean person that likes to hurt others.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hawills

Wildlifecapture.com

Non-lethal tranquilizing GUNS

Nail guns

Here is a non-lethal CANNON

saltsupply

Kimber Pepper Blaster

armausa.com

waspcarll50
edit on b000000302016-06-16T10:18:49-05:0010America/ChicagoThu, 16 Jun 2016 10:18:49 -05001000000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No cats here.
You will get them.

When? By the sound of the post in which you offered the examples you must have them handy, or know where they are. What is the delay?

I'm going with the theory that these "examples" don't exist.

I am glad that they won't let you have a gun.
You seem like the type that would commit mass violence... like you are a mean person that likes to hurt others.

Who won't let me have a gun? I can get a gun if I want in Australia, I applied for my firearms license just the other week. I'm thinking you've fallen for the outright LIE that Australians cannot own guns at all. Tsk tsk.

Now, about those examples you offered to post. Present them please.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

come on BG, that's uncalled for.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
dp
edit on 16-6-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn
I got about 2/3 of the way through the first video, and that's all I could take. It amazes me that you folks actually think disarming the public, yet leaving corrupt governments across the world armed to the teeth, able to wipe all human life off the planet on a whim, is going to make the world a safer place. Because disarming the public has worked out so well historically. There's a part of me that actually hopes you people get what you want, but another part of me doesn't want to see what history teaches us is inevitable when you do. It isn't going to be the pinnacle of social evolution you think it will be, folks.

Aw, that's enough. I'm talking to a brick wall, anyway. Carry on.

edit on 6/16/2016 by Klassified because: armed

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hawills

Wildlifecapture.com

Non-lethal tranquilizing GUNS

LOL. Really? Are you seriously going to offer up those ridiculous "examples" of non-lethal "guns"? How long did it take you to find those hmm?

Your "examples" are easily refuted when considering the purpose of them. None of them were designed with the specific purpose of killing. In fact they shouldn't even be called "guns" - more like non-lethal launchers.

You first example shoots rope to bridge gaps.
Your second example shoots nets to trap animals.
Your third example shoots tranquilizers that put things to sleep.

By all means, if you want to keep your access to those examples I'm all for it!!!

LOL. How ridiculous. Way to fail dismally mate.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: butcherguy

come on BG, that's uncalled for.

Funnily enough all I did was ask him to provide the "proof" he offered.

That apparently makes me a mass murderer.

LOL.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join