It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Comedian Jim Jefferies on Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Well how much does the military spend on weapons compared to all the gun owners put together would it really keep you safe?
More guns = more probable gun related deaths. It only takes one person to destroy hundreds of peoples lives.
Drive down any highway most drivers are good some speed and behave recklessly. Maybe they just got divorced , lost there job or maybe they have just had a breakdown would you like that person to have a machine gun?

link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
***SNIP***

Falling for stereotypes and judging 23 million people by a few anonymous internet posters? That is hilarious.

I've engaged with a lot of distasteful Americans, but i do not generalise the US people and call them names. Perhaps your confusion is the result of not understanding Australian and British humour. Or maybe you did just run into a few #holes. Either broaden your sense of humour or grow a thick skin.

Cheers mate!
edit on 16-6-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/16/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Removed quote of a removed post.

link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

What is wrong with Australians? And Brits? I have Australian friends and they are human like you and I. We are human and some humans are rotten. My Australian friends are good humans and kind people.👓

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Right, and that's why nothing useful in terms of making a meaningful impact on gun crimes and mass shootings will ever be passed.

More restrictions will make people more vulnerable to those that don't care what laws are passed.

Like this guy here. He knew the gun laws made this establishment vulnerable… nobody in there was likely to be able to stop him, because guns aren't allowed.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I hate you.

Why?

Because you disagree with my views, therefore that makes you a "stupid, obnoxious A-hole like a 6 year old with brain damage." In your words.

See what I did there?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

What is wrong with Australians? And Brits? I have Australian friends and they are human like you and I. We are human and some humans are rotten. My Australian friends are good humans and kind people.👓

He's trolling because he has disagrees with us but has nothing intelligent to say on the subject so resorts to insults and outright lies hoping we will just "go away".

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
***SNIP***

Have you ever been to Australia? I think you would find (like any country) that it is full of all kinds of different people. It's actually a very multi-cultural society. There's really no need to despise a whole country because you met a couple of A-holes on the internet..
Australians do tend to have a very dry (smart arse) sense of humour that some people can take too seriously, sometimes.
edit on 16-6-2016 by NeuronDivide because: typos

edit on 6/16/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Removed quote of a removed post.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Do you and Jim Jefferies have a lot of relatives in the United States of America?
Just trying to get a feel for why you feel a need to butt into our affairs.

You want to regulate guns differently than we do, fine. I am not going to stick my nose in that, because that is your affair.

edit on b000000302016-06-16T08:33:09-05:0008America/ChicagoThu, 16 Jun 2016 08:33:09 -0500800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

collecting, protection, hunting, policing, trading, investment, plinking

In order:

Sitting on a wall, killing/threat of killing, killing, killing/threat of killing, sitting on a wall (only value is destructive capability), sitting on a wall (only value is destructive capability), destruction.

Now, if we eliminate trading and investment because other things do that just as well as guns, and we eliminate collecting because if you aren't going to use its destructive properties there's no need for it to be functional...

Killing/threat of killing, killing, killing/threat of killing, destruction.

And if we say that killing is destruction (because that's what it is) we're left with...

Destruction/threat of destruction, destruction, destruction/threat of destruction, destruction.

Quite a varied list, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Is this or is this not an international forum with members from all over the globe?

I would have expected a longtime member such as yourself not to resort to that low tactic. Seems I was mistaken.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats like saying the only real argument for owning a hammer is because, I like them.

Here we go again, making ridiculous comparisons.

Hammers were not specifically designed to kill anything. It is not their intended purpose. Guns ARE designed to kill things, as it is their intended specific purpose.

I feel like a kindergarten teacher having to explain such simple concepts so regularly.

Inanimate objects don't kill anyone.

Quite a few hammers were designed to specifically kill people, too. They used them a lot before guns were invented, and would go back to them as quick if it were possible to vanish firearms from the earth.

War hammers

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: butcherguy

Is this or is this not an international forum with members from all over the globe?

I would have expected a longtime member such as yourself not to resort to that low tactic. Seems I was mistaken.

Low tactic?
I am asking a legitimate question.
What business do you have in another country's regulations that have no effect on you?

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's likely that I have more relatives in America than I do in Australia, though I don't interact with them particularly often.

I feel the need to butt into your affairs because this is a multicultural internet forum based in America with the majority of its discussion centered around America. In regards to gun control I simply find it an interesting topic (much like religion) where many people have become extremely invested and cemented in one location. In regards to other things like economics and the presidential election, it's because those things affect the entire planet. America is a very large and influential country, if you make bad decisions oftentimes many other places will suffer with you for them.

Am I not supposed to talk about gun control? Is that a no-no, because as Jim said I am a "foreigner"? (Though unlike him I am not actually a citizen.)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Inanimate objects don't kill anyone.

Quite a few hammers were designed to specifically kill people, too. They used them a lot before guns were invented, and would go back to them as quick if it were possible to vanish firearms from the earth.

You were clearly referring to the type of hammer used in construction. Please don't try and claim you meant the medieval type that hasn't been seen in real warfare in hundreds of years. Next you'll be trying to claim you actually meant the slingshot that David used to slay Goliath or something ridiculous like that.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

I am an Aussie, thank you very much. I couldn't avoid them if I wanted to.

I suppose it's natural that you'd detest us and the Brits because our views on a lot of things are fairly different. When you say they're assholes, do you mean they're assholes because they disagree with you on some fairly explosive issues (LGBT, Guns, Climate Change, etc.) or because they really just act like assholes? Give us some examples. :x

Hey, I'm just giving what I get and I've taken a lot of abuse from Australians and Brits over the years without ever really saying much back to them. And I have seen a lot of other Americans just put up with it too.

I say it because it is true. Because they're incapable of minding their own business. They don't live here. They don't pay taxes here and they don't vote here. Simply put, they are advocating the forcible removal of someone else's rights in another country they don't even live in and frankly, that's a bit personal. Mate.

link   

Destruction/threat of destruction, destruction, destruction/threat of destruction, destruction.

If you were in that club as he fired into the crowd, you'd be clamoring, pleading, begging for someone to shoot that bastard as loud as anyone. Easy to sit here behind our keyboards and focus on the 'tool' he used.

You would have shot him yourself in an instant…

link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

That, and because an attempt at a useful level of gun control would probably be met with mild civil war

And that my friend is the only real argument for guns beyond just "I like guns"
edit on 16-6-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's called an opinion. This site is all about that. Maybe you should be asking that to your government which in the past have supplied guns to various dictators around the globe which facilitated the deaths of millions. Or and international tourist who has been shot in America.

As an outsider a person might have a unique perspective on a situation especially if they where touring the country.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You were clearly referring to the type of hammer used in construction.

No, you made that distinction. I just said A hammer. In your mind a hammer is only used for construction…

…for purposes of argument, no doubt.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I personally consider that an anti-anti-gun argument rather than a pro-gun argument. It's "why gun control is a bad idea right now" rather than "this is why guns are good", if you're willing to make the distinction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join