It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect is real. There is something changing reality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

" Due to the explosion of the internet, social media and advertising piggy-backing on those two mediums, people are a) remembering things wrong and b) agreeing that they have changed because the same mass-media inpact is happening on hundreds of millions of people who are all plugged into modern technology. "

its has become commercial now

unintentional exposure therapy ??

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

This whole ME nonsense has no actual physical evidence

Nor can there ever be physical evidence of such a phenomena. Think about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart
Dont doubt me, ever. Read some of my previous posts on Quantum Physics. Dont EVER judge a poster by one post
I would doubt your knowledge as you had an epic failure of grasping the humor....
Now enough off-topic and attacks. Back to the OP

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Not necessarily even the slightest bit of a Mandela effect proponent . However , I just saw Tony Orlando on Fox . Seeing him gave me a start as I thought I had remembered the news of his passing years ago.
Dang , I guess it is the selective memory of old age . Or else , something very weird is going on
Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Dont forget memory conformity.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Yes there could. It's perfectly predictable by quantum physics. Maybe you just don't understand it.

It's the observer who's collapsing the probability functions so by gathering enough Mandela effect believers (supposedly belonging to a different timeline) in the same room the title of a Berenstain book should instantly switch to Berenstein.

It's not happening because there is no such thing as the Mandela effect or even "switching timelines" on a macroscopic level

edit on 10-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Dont doubt me, ever. Read some of my previous posts on Quantum Physics. Dont EVER judge a poster by one post
I would doubt your knowledge as you had an epic failure of grasping the humor....
Now enough off-topic and attacks. Back to the OP

I still doubt you truly understand it beyond what is taught in high school. Feel free to prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

Yes there could. It's perfectly predictable by quantum theory. Maybe you just don't understand it.

It's the observer who's collapsing the probability functions so by gathering enough Mandela effect believers (supposedly belonging to a different timeline) in the same room the title of a Berenstain book should instantly switch to Berenstein.

It's not happening because there is no such thing as the Mandela effect or even "switching timelines" on a macroscopic level

That only works if the whole of your hypothesis holds true.

Easy does it fella. You don't have to prove your appendage is bigger than everyone elses. Just flow with the convo, and share what you know. We all like to learn a little something. If you're a physicist, welcome aboard. I have to admit though, you do remind me of a string of temporary members we've had lately. Coincidence? Meh.

Anyhoo. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have to admit though, you do remind me of a string of temporary members we've had lately. Coincidence?

Yes, sorry you misread my post history.

It's been more than 1 year since I came on this board last time

Thanks for trying though...

I love this habit of people here trying to impress posters by picking something in their post history. Never change ATS

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

We all like to learn a little something.

I know you do
I remember you from long ago.

Unfortunately it's not the general stance in here. People prefer to participate in big circlejerks where they want everyone to know how they are correct even in the face of contradicting evidences.

I know you aren't one of them but honestly this isn't really a place where people like to "learn".

It's mostly a place where people like to be listened to and acknowledged, especially in their most bizarre and far-fetched beliefs.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I didn't look at your history. Only what you've posted in this thread. Nice try.

On topic: Now about that theory of yours. How can there be physical evidence left if the timeline itself changes from the effects of a temporal distortion, or other unknown factor? It would seem to me, the only evidence would be memory.

Note that I don't necessarily buy into the Mandela Effect, though I see possibilities, but for the sake of argument...

edit on 6/10/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/10/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orangutangman

What do you suppose it is that does such stuff?

Jagermeister.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I didn't look at your history. Only what you've posted in this thread. Nice try.

Then I have no idea what made you think I made many accounts here lately. Maybe I have doppelgangers ? :p

On topic: Now about that theory of yours. How can there be physical evidence left if the timeline itself changes from the effects of a temporal distortion, or other unknown factor? It would seem to me, the only evidence would be memory.

Note that I don't necessarily buy into the Mandela Effect, though I see possibilities, but for the sake of argument...

In quantum physics there are no "timeline changes". All timelines are happening at once and are superimposed to each other, with a probability wave attached to them.

You are just collapsing these waves when observing matter and only a remaining wave remains (not even the most probable one, just the one a particular instance of an observer experiences).

People claiming they have memory of a "different timeline" would mean they collapsed the probability waves differently in the past.

If you put a Bearenstain/ein book in a black box, it should then exist in both states (think Shrodinger's cat) because the probability of it being named Bearenstein is > 0

Putting enough ME believers around the box and opening it, they would, statistically, see their own version more often simply because it's the most probable in that system.

That it's never happening, and them saying "but we do remember it differently" shows that the only thing that ever changed is their memory. Not reality. And also that the probability of the existence of a reality where it was "Bearenstein" is in fact equal to 0.

Also that it's not a good idea to use quantum physics/multiple timelines to justify macroscopic phenomenons, but that's another issue

It also finally shows that pseudo-science is almost always built on the incorrect interpretations and understanding of very real and scientific concepts, and should thus be treated as such by any honest and serious learner.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Correct. Hence why it's a load of bollocks.

To assume there are "changes to reality" because one 'remembers' things differently to all current evidence demonstrated to the contrary, (ie: a book named differently or a quote from a film differently) does NOT constitute anything wrong OUTSIDE the head of those with the questionable memories.

I find it funny but also very sad that this is what people come up with -- ME. Rather than accept the fact they are wrong, it has to be some temporal change or reality shift, etc.

Peoples' memories can be, and are, sh*te. That is indisputable.

Reality changing the name of a kids book about bears, (whatever the f**k for...) is VERY disputable.

edit on 10-6-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
unintentional exposure therapy ??

That still sounds like there's a plan behind the scenes, which I strongly disagree with.

For all the things that people claim have changed (film quotes, irrelevant book names, country positions) -- IF it were a change in reality, yet some people are still aware of it -- why? What POINT does changing NIAYF to the now incorrect LIAYF SW:ESB quote? Or the "Life is/was like a box of chocolates".

If some coherent intelligence were behind it - why? Why those stupid things and not something important or relevant?

The answer is because those things are VERY much in the focus of pop culture over the past 20-30 years. Oddly enough, for about the same time the internet and shortly afterwards social media started making its way into the world.

fancy that....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Correct. Hence why it's a load of bollocks.

To assume there are "changes to reality" because one 'remembers' things differently to all current evidence demonstrated to the contrary, (ie: a book named differently or a quote from a film differently) does NOT constitute anything wrong OUTSIDE the head of those with the questionable memories.

I find it funny but also very sad that this is what people come up with -- ME. Rather than accept the fact they are wrong, it has to be some temporal change or reality shift, etc.

Peoples' memories can be, and are, sh*te. That is indisputable.

Reality changing the name of a kids book about bears, (whatever the f**k for...) is VERY disputable.

Most people don't want to know the truth. They want to be told that what they believe in is correct.

And many people on ATS want to believe in the supernatural because it's more fun and they are bored.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I hear what you say, I really do. But all I'm saying is that with all we have learned about the behaviour of particles at sub-atomic level in the past 20 years, you don't think it's possible? Just possible. I'm not saying we need to prove this right here, right now. All I'm looking for is the acknowledgement of the possibility (:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
So as your unique DNA frequency fluctuates on a daily basis, your spirit jumps to and fro between these alternate realities.

DNA doesn't have a "frequency".

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

I hear what you say, I really do. But all I'm saying is that with all we have learned about the behaviour of particles at sub-atomic level in the past 20 years, you don't think it's possible? Just possible. I'm not saying we need to prove this right here, right now. All I'm looking for is the acknowledgement of the possibility (:

Some people have really a hard time accepting that the rules governing particles and physical objects differ from such an order of magnitude that they simply become different from the perspective of a human.

I tried to explain as simply as I could above. I really did.

It's like if you tried to tell me I should study the behavior of a single cell to predict that of a human. It's exactly the same thing.

We know how cells behave, we know how humans behave. They belong to different scales and behave VERY differently
We know how particles behave, we know how the macroscopic, observable reality behaves. They belong to different scales and behave VERY differently

Believe me, many physicists are huge sci-fi nerds and they would like nothing more but to even theoretically prove time travel, timelines changes or zero-point energy. That they can't should tell us something about how we wish the world was and how it really is.

Quantum physics is already fascinating and tells us some pretty crazy things about our universe. No need to invent things to try to make it more exciting
It really already is, all we need to change is how we look at it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

LOL...You have no sense of humor. I had the same reaction as you, however, there are a few instances that make me wonder. One is the case of the guitarist of the "Who," with the new spelling of Pete Townsend. Someway, somehow his last name is now spelled, Townshend. That is mind blowing. Also, I remember world maps back in the day that always illustrated South America directly below North America. Someway, somehow South America has migrated East. Too far East.

Youtube has a lot to say on the matter for I've seen videos of that subject. Some have cases that may be the product of bad memories, however, some are beyond explanation. A recent experiment, actually two, have the physics experts scratching their heads.

The first is the "two-slit experiment" and the other, untitled, is performed by neurosurgeons that find stimulus, such as the burning to the hand of the patient (although no attempt to do so and the sensation was the result of applied stimulus to the region of the brain involved) was not experienced at the moment of pain from actual burning as one would expect, but a delayed response of five to six seconds from the stimulus. According to the experts, this is evidence that reality is not external that we witness, but consciousness "projects" from the observer to be witnessed. I did not explain the double slit experiment for my attempt to keep this brief, however, It is easily found on youtube. The results are bizarre and worthy of this discussion.

The point here, recent research by accredited researchers in physics is finding evidence that supports quantum theory and ideas and string theory. And personally, I lived a moment that mirrors this phenomenon years ago. It was my experience after my research of the destiny of the father of the Saturn 5 rocket, Von Braun. According to my research back in the day, was forced to back to Germany after the moon landings where he died. Only to find later he died and is buried in the U.S. This made me wonder long ago that weird things happen and I placed it in the category of bizarre phenomenon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join