It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela effect is real. There is something changing reality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I find it funny but also very sad that this is what people come up with -- ME. Rather than accept the fact they are wrong, it has to be some temporal change or reality shift, etc.

I hope you can see the double entendre, and the humor in your statement above. If that was on purpose, I tip my hat to you sir.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dagann
One is the case of the guitarist of the "Who," with the new spelling of Pete Townsend. Someway, somehow his last name is now spelled, Townshend. That is mind blowing.

People usually remember the most common spelling of a name. It doesn't mean they are correct.

People misremember my first name all the time because it's a less common spelling.

originally posted by: dagann
Also, I remember world maps back in the day that always illustrated South America directly below North America. Someway, somehow South America has migrated East. Too far East.

Different projections.

In 100% of cases there are rational explanation on top of simple confirmation bias.

I do have an open mind and I have yet to see one case that really shows something strange happened. I never did so far.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The above is why I buy books, unlike wiki, books are rather hard to alter without leaving any trace of it being done.
Such as that thread about New Zealand being in the wrong place, according to my two Readers Digest atlases, dated 1990 and 1997, that country has not moved at all.
Just compared both atlases, Oz and the kiwi state both still in the same place. (in the atlases)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The above is why I buy books, unlike wiki, books are rather hard to alter without leaving any trace of it being done.
Such as that thread about New Zealand being in the wrong place, according to my two Readers Digest atlases, dated 1990 and 1997, that country has not moved at all.
Just compared both atlases, Oz and the kiwi state both still in the same place. (in the atlases)

No but you see, you exist in this timeline where it was always like that, but they remember it differently, not because their memory failed them, but because somehow they only retained memory from their past in a different one, and one day they "switched" to this one because...

[/sarcasm] it's really a ridiculous theory on the same level as flat or hollow earth but history told us there is never a shortage of people who really badly want to believe in them

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I vowed to never reply to this topic again. However, I am making an exception for this post, because I think it is very relevant.

I have read through all the posts in this thread from the first to the present (as of writing this post). Not once has anyone here asked the #1 question that should be asked of any claims of this nature. So I will ask the OP directly right now.

Q: Are you making this story up, and it is a lie/fake account?

Now I expect an honest answer from the thread author.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

Oi.. you fail to see my perspective, perhaps I'm just terrible at communicating. I agree with you, probably not. But it seems I also need to learn more of your perspective.

Just a question : If a multiverse exists, IF, does it mean that every time you dream, whether artificial conjurations of your mind, or a direct line of sight. You see a universe that exists.

Please tell me if I should pose the hypothesis in a different manner.

Where do you stand on this?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I vowed to never reply to this topic again. However, I am making an exception for this post, because I think it is very relevant.

I have read through all the posts in this thread from the first to the present (as of writing this post). Not once has anyone here asked the #1 question that should be asked of any claims of this nature. So I will ask the OP directly right now.

Q: Are you making this story up, and it is a lie/fake account?

Now I expect an honest answer from the thread author.

I think we both know the likely answer to that. Which is why no one has bothered to ask.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Arguably this isn't on point but perhaps it is....

I vividly recall reading on a number of sites a 9/11 theory devised by a Russian female mathematician and offered to Putin. It proposed that the Internet had become self-aware and engineered the 9/11 events to weaken human rule over the planet and to enhance a machine intelligence take-over.
Recent searches no longer turn this up anywhere.
I assume I'm simply searching wrong, but....
If the theory were indeed true, the AI Internet would have the motive and means to "alter reality" or at least erase those old posts.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFart

originally posted by: GreenGunther

I hear what you say, I really do. But all I'm saying is that with all we have learned about the behaviour of particles at sub-atomic level in the past 20 years, you don't think it's possible? Just possible. I'm not saying we need to prove this right here, right now. All I'm looking for is the acknowledgement of the possibility (:

Some people have really a hard time accepting that the rules governing particles and physical objects differ from such an order of magnitude that they simply become different from the perspective of a human.

I tried to explain as simply as I could above. I really did.

It's like if you tried to tell me I should study the behavior of a single cell to predict that of a human. It's exactly the same thing.

We know how cells behave, we know how humans behave. They belong to different scales and behave VERY differently
We know how particles behave, we know how the macroscopic, observable reality behaves. They belong to different scales and behave VERY differently

Believe me, many physicists are huge sci-fi nerds and they would like nothing more but to even theoretically prove time travel, timelines changes or zero-point energy. That they can't should tell us something about how we wish the world was and how it really is.

Quantum physics is already fascinating and tells us some pretty crazy things about our universe. No need to invent things to try to make it more exciting
It really already is, all we need to change is how we look at it.

www.learning-mind.com...
I know that's very simple, but all I'm looking to suggest and perhaps get acknowledgement is that it's possible that consciousness and observation influences things. I think we just have a long way to go and speculating is fun

Don't take me to seriously on these things, I think we should just have an open mind, because we might be able to influence things
so let's keep it positive. Although I do agree that the OP should perhaps first have said symptoms investigated by a medical professional.

Also: www.youtube.com... - das is good.

I know my links are simple and mainstream, I'm not saying The Mandela effect is real, I live in SA, I was a kid when he was president. He seemed alive
but I never met the man? So just like my opinion on the Mandela effect, the verdict is out.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuManchu2
Arguably this isn't on point but perhaps it is....

I vividly recall reading on a number of sites a 9/11 theory devised by a Russian female mathematician and offered to Putin. It proposed that the Internet had become self-aware and engineered the 9/11 events to weaken human rule over the planet and to enhance a machine intelligence take-over.
Recent searches no longer turn this up anywhere.
I assume I'm simply searching wrong, but....
If the theory were indeed true, the AI Internet would have the motive and means to "alter reality" or at least erase those old posts.

Or in this reality it never happened?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Oi.. you fail to see my perspective, perhaps I'm just terrible at communicating. I agree with you, probably not. But it seems I also need to learn more of your perspective.

Just a question : If a multiverse exists, IF, does it mean that every time you dream, whether artificial conjurations of your mind, or a direct line of sight. You see a universe that exists.

Please tell me if I should pose the hypothesis in a different manner.

Where do you stand on this?

Everything that can be dreamt exists. Subjectively.

The tricky thing about reality is what is subjective and what is objective. The Mandela Effect is typically subjective.

There are no proofs so far of macroscopic objective multiverses. The quantum world on the other hand shows proofs of superimposed, simultaneous realities on a particle scale.

But as soon as we are talking about billions of billions of particles then only a resulting global image remains for the human mind.

It's like a printed picture. When you look super closely it's composed of individual dots displaying primary colors simultaneously. But for the human observer, it results in a single image with a wide palette of colors.

Which reality is right? They both are. But for the human observer, it's mostly the final printed image.
edit on 10-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

but all I'm looking to suggest and perhaps get acknowledgement is that it's possible that consciousness and observation influences things

Of course it is. Experienced reality is subjective. A depressed person and a happy one won't see the world the same way. Everything will feel different to them.

But in the case we are concerned with here, the only thing that is different between person A and B is the memories. The observed universe is constant.

So in this case it's obviously the memories that was altered.
edit on 10-6-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I see the thread author has not returned to answer a simple question posited to them. Is this a lie/fake/made-up story? So, it seems to me to be a hoax, and as such, is a serious T&C violation.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For those interested in a different kind of possible Mandela Effect experience, there's this video. Yes, it's mine, and I've done a few others on the topic, as well.
When we realized what was going on, we were more curious than freaked out; we took it as a humorous thing, but that's the way our personalities are.

Still, it's an interesting one, I think.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Joneselius
changing history to suit their lack of understanding.

How do you correlate your 'understanding' of 'history' with Einstein's; "The 'past' and the 'future' are merely persistent illusions!"?

Aww . dont bring Einstein into this . If anyone , bring Tesla.

I find Einstein somewhat functional as a prodigious prophylactic for petulant automatic gainsayers.
Like a talisman...
Who's going to argue with the Alfred? *__-

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: namelesss

Everything changes, by Einstiens reasoning the only place to stop change would be a place with so much gravity that whatever would be "still" would be effectively destroyed. I'm not the best at explaining that stuff.

Logically, no.
In order to 'stop change', there must be 'change' to stop!

But everything changes constantly... decay and renew. Time is literally relative to place making a whole bubble of wtf's and what if's in regards to perception on time. It's how I understand it.

And I am offering you a new Perspective, a new understanding.
Let me offer an illustration;

'Point to the left'.
Easy.
Note where you are pointing.
Now turn 1 degree and point to the left.
Again note the results.
Now another degree, etc...
And another 1/4 of a degree...
Turn in every possible direction, on every possible axis!
It turns out that every direction is 'left', 'left' is a 'cloud needing a particular Perspective to have any 'direction' at all!
Now point to the 'right'!
Same drill!
Note that the exact same cloud of 'left', is also, at the same moment, a cloud of 'right'!
And a cloud of 'up'!
And a cloud of 'down'...
Do the experiment!

The only 'distinctions' that can even be called 'left' or 'right', OR 'up' and 'down'... are a matter of Perspective!

Ultimately, We are One (unchanging (motionless), all inclusive) 'Cloud'/Reality!!
What gives the 'persistent appearance' of 'time' is that each and every SYNCHRONOUS moment of Universal existence, is a unique Perspective of this 'Cloud Reality'.
One moment you peer into the cloud and see 'left'.
Another moment you look into the same 'Cloud' and see 'up'.
Depending on Perspective, one can see everything from the newborn to the wizened old man in any 'single' person.
At once.
Every moment is Here! Now!
Reality is a synchrony of moments, literally timeless;

Every moment of existence exists Now!

"The Laws of Nature are not rules controlling the metamorphosis of what is, into what will be. They are descriptions of patterns that exist, all at once... " - Genius; the Life and Science of Richard Feynman
All 'eternity' at once; Here! Now!!

There is only one moment (Planck moment = 10^-43/sec; "almost" one billion trillion trillion trillionths of a second!!!) of the entirety of existence/Reality/the Universe!
All existence, ever, is one, literally, 'timeless' moment!
Now!
The entirety of the existence of the Universe IS the Singularity!

This theory accounts for all known real psy phenomena, and has been completely predictive, as has been quantum mechanics.

But everything changes. Physically little remains of the baby I was when I was born.
I understand your Perspective.
It is an obvious Perspective, predominately.
One place that such 'common knowledge' falls apart is from a scientific/philosophical Perspective.
Zeno logically proved, a LONG time ago, that 'motion' is as impossible as the 'time' that measures it!
Science is finally catching up to what the mystics have known for millennia; that all is One, and for anything to 'change', the entirety of the Universe must also be 'changed'!
That is man's vanity that we imaginary egoic images vainly believe can actually alter the Universe to make our life a bit more (what usually boils down to) 'comfortable'!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Joneselius
changing history to suit their lack of understanding.

How do you correlate your 'understanding' of 'history' with Einstein's; "The 'past' and the 'future' are merely persistent illusions!"?

Aww . dont bring Einstein into this . If anyone , bring Tesla.

I find Einstein somewhat functional as a prodigious prophylactic for petulant automatic gainsayers.
Like a talisman...
Who's going to argue with the Alfred? *__-

Dont know what you just said , but dang I like it

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Taking up the proverbial sword. Theoretical physics tells us of an infinite number of multiverses containing an infinite number of universes . And a proposed theory states they exist simultaneously together . Such that if you decide to take the left fork in a road , there is automatically a universe created in which you took the right fork. All possibilities covered .

Now , what separates those universes from the others ? What is to say the factor that separates them gets weak ?As all forces in nature do . What happens if it does ? Could it "blend" some of the timeline between the two universes together ? Theoretically speaking , yes.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hush... the world is changing again....

No, seriously
As a fan of science fiction and fantasy, I have long been highly interested in the possibility of alternate realities and I have watched the topic of the Mandela effect emerging with a mixture of interest and dismay.

Interest because, yes, I too have had glimpses of other lives, have 'remembered' contradictory facts both in popular media and in my personal life.

Dismay, because, it seems that the naming of phenomenon of 'alternative realities' seems to be shaping the exploration into an either/or type of topic and I don't think it is that simple. I'm sure I remember Pete Townsend, but not Mandela dying earlier than 2013 and I'm uncomfortable with the suggestion of ONLY two realities, I'm uncomfortable with the suggestion that remembering the changes = enlightenment = an awakened state. That does not expand the topic's potential at all - rather it narrows it down to the type of conflicts that exist between differing religions and differing political views.

I think that false memory/false stories does come into play in some cases, but not all. Part of that is the legacy of content farming, word spinning and the rapid duplication of information across the internet. Part of it can be found in modern legends. But I'm not going to play the this-one-is-legit-that-one-is-false game either. I respect the value of individual perception. I will NOT assume my version of reality to be the end-all absolute truth. Because it probably isn't. Neither is yours, for that matter, whether you are a believer or a naysayer.

Just for interest sake, allow me to demonstrate how a false story can work. Anyone know the story of Sixto Rodrigues and his curious popularity in apartheid era South Africa? That's a very good example of a reality that changed, because I was one of those kids who 'believed' for many years that Rodriguez was dead and then one day PARAM-PARAM = a living Rodriguez! No Mandela effect there, just a legend that grew in the darkness of no reliable knowledge being available.

But perhaps therein lies part of how the Mandela effect does operate. I said earlier that I have no memories of a Mandela who died prior to 2013, but I think part of that can be ascribed the fact that he was a daily (if suppressed) reality where I lived in Cape Town, South Africa. Of course, it would be hugely interesting to run into a South African who remembers the Mandela who died prior to 2013, - as it would be to find an American who remembers John F. Kennedy being alive until say 2007 or the World Trade Center still standing until, say, 2012, but I think the Mandela effect usually occurs on the outskirts of your known reality, in the borderlands where you're not looking all the time, rather than in the places that are right under your nose.

Does that make it less credible, though? Not necessarily....

As a previous poster pointed out, change is one of the few constants of the universe. The child becomes the man, the seed becomes the tree, the castle becomes the ruin.... and therein lies the very heart of our discomfort with change. Because deep down we all know we ARE totally powerless against its impact. The only comfort is that usually that kind of change happens at a slow and totally manageable pace. Sure, natural disasters have the power to inflict instant change upon us, but they are thankfully rare. Sometimes we are even impatient for change to come our way. Does anyone remember being impatient to grow up, to be old enough to drive, etc.?

However, our society and our science is conditioned to assume that while linear change in one direction is okay, sideways change or retroactive reverse change is out of the question. So we sweep it under the rug, where it's safe and forgotten.....

So what do I believe? I strongly suspect that we ourselves are the 'they' that's doing it. I think that something might have changed after 2012, a modification that unlocked some of the 'extra' features of humans being and the worlds they inhabit in body and in spirit. As a result it made the universe a little more thought responsive than it used to be. A little more susceptible to being 'modified' as well. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. It's just a little uncomfortable, sometimes, stumbling across something you felt sure about and to find it changed. Well that's my thought anyway....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: meridie

Finally, an interesting response to this thread. Everybody else took it too seriously! Since when has this place been so overrun with ultra-skeptical hyperdebunkers?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join