It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham Hancock, New TedX :Is the house of history built on foundations of sand?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

baddogma may be right...'moron' may be too harsh.

like i said, im interested in what he has to say. i'd be more interested if he didn't spitball obviously bad ideas for the sake of book sales. I've read a couple of his books, and have enjoyed the entertainment value. being a person without too much opinion on what he espouses, but a rabid interest, im happy to have that.

but i think he barks up the wrong tree more often than not. I don't think civilization was advanced in the way we know it. Not unless we can find the food items that would support that civilization. Which we really can't. It all dates back to around 10,000bc or less for when the steady march towards 'modern food" began.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat Hancock is a brilliant guy. How anyone would think he is a moron shows they don't know anything about him or are completely closed to new ideas.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That there was a civilization in full bloom before what academics refer to as 'the ancient age' is a given. I mean, you've got 7000 years of agriculture before that ... yet no written word.

Anyone around here grow up on a farm? If you did, you know you don't just sow some seeds when you've a mind to. It's not how you succeed at agriculture.

And ... those archeologists ... you can't trust them to not tell stories that are swallowable. Those books you study in school ... you can't just tell millions of people, "Oh back then we were just guessing. Sorry we made you memorize a bunch of stuff we 'made up' to keep our jobs and the money rolling in." But ... that's what really happened.

Civilized man is a LOT older than we give ourselves credit for.

If MAD happened tomorrow, the remnants of todays society would be a lot worse off than the folks who were struggling with cold and flooding 12,000 years ago. Truth be told ... I don't think 10% of us would survive the first winter.

edit on 962016 by Snarl because: lost words

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I too enjoy Hancock and love it when he's on Joe Rogans podcast. Thanks for the video!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Oh, excellent! I haven't seen a lot of his work, but have seen enough to know I respect his opinions. This is fascinating stuff. Radical, perhaps, to some, but it males so much sense.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That was an excellent and very interesting talk, definitely worth the watch!

I'm just utterly disgusted by the annotation and note in the description of the video.

NOTE from TED: Please be aware that this talk contains outdated and counterfactual assertions, and should not be understood as a representation of modern scholarship on ancient civilizations.

A desperate and shameful move by TEDx in order to try to discredit Hancock and surpress his (in my opinion) groundbreaking work. Whether you agree with him or not, this is a another great example on how these "credible" institutions are blatantly trying to restrict free thinking and demonize fresh (not fringe) science. Does it get anymore obvious than this?

Sadly, it doesn't come as a surprise as this is not the first time that it happened. What cheered me up a bit though were the user comments. More and more people are sick of the censorship, manipulation and lies and are making their voices heard.

In other words, there are more than enough reasons to bump this threat up the ATS ladder!

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Yes. And the Hyperboreans and the Deros too.

Very interesting...

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The first and foremost tool to use for gaining understanding is the faculty of one's own discerning comprehension. Orthodox archaeology and geology seeks a single and unified conformist view, and all curricula for these subjects in education around the world teach the conformist view. Hancock, and other credible researchers like him, are a threat to the conformist view because their theories and the evidences they have gained to support them complicate and confound the view of orthodoxy.

Hancock is right when he states that we are a species with amnesia. That we have lost our ancient memories of what life was like pre-global flooding just over 10,000 years ago.

Seventy thousand years ago there was the Toba eruption, occurring 60 thousand years before the end of the last ice age. The last ice age drove most species of land animals, including primates, Neanderthals, and Homo-sapiens towards the warmer climes of the equatorial regions, so that when the massive Toba event occurred, it utterly decimated many species, especially Neanderthal and Homo sapiens, down to just a few thousand (DNA evidence suggests this). Interbreeding between Neanderthal and Homo sapien helped to bring our species back from extinction.

We know for a fact that just before the end of the last ice age, around 12,500 years ago, the oceans and seas were much lower than they are now, up to 400 feet lower. Coastal areas of land masses at that time had areas of civilisation, the evidence of which still exists today in the form of flooded buildings and monuments all around the world, at a depth that correlates to the time of the global flooding, which is told in the flood stories from around the world by different races.

Orthodox archaeology likes to state the conformist view that no civilisation built anything, city or monument until at least 5000 years ago, yet Globeki Tepi is dated to around 11,200 years ago. Newgrange in Ireland is dated to 5,200 years ago and is older than Stonehenge and the Pyramids. If you factor in a time period for the development of discovering how to build something like Newgrange you could take it back further to 6,000 years. To build cities and monuments you need to have developed intelligence, and also reasons for building them and developed the know-how to do so. This takes time, centuries even.

Our ancient ancestors were certainly more advanced than what orthodox archaeology states. There is the very large ancient complex in Indonesia (I think) that not only shares a similar dating with Globeki Tepi in Turkey, but also a number of similar carvings and statues. Orthordox archaeologists sought to have the dig stopped, and succeeded, but I now understand that researchers are now allowed to continue with the digs? Even Japan has a Stone Henge and stone circles, so the existence of a global spread of similar cultural artifacts is something that questions orthodox archaeology, and proves that what it is teaching as fact is not entirely the full story.
edit on 21/8/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Excellent summary of the situation I must say.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Oh please, Hancock is the biggest liar out there, he deliberately withholds all the facts to force conclusions that are unsupportable, I challenge anyone to read what he said about the Popul Vuh, claiming the similarities between it and the Bible proved that there was an older advanced culture that taught both. He decided not to tell his readers that the Popul Vuh was written by a Christian priest, in Fingerpaints of the Gods, he lists Zechariah Sitchin as a source, which if you know anything about Sitchin, will realise that he isn't at all well informed, he's just rehashing crap that was debunked decades ago for a new audience

He's just jumped on the clovis comet at the wrong time, evidence in the last month has proven it completely non existent as the sphericules that they were using to date the impact, turned out to be from a completely different period

I don't think Hancock is a moron, I think he Is a trained journalist, or didn't you guys who love him know that's what his profession was...

edit on 28-8-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I am glad this is getting more exposure: I think I did a thread back in 2012 about the comet 12,800 years ago.... Found it !
www.abovetopsecret.com...
phys.org...

Now, in one of the most comprehensive related investigations ever, the group has documented a wide distribution of microspherules widely distributed in a layer over 50 million square kilometers on four continents, including North America, including Arlington Canyon on Santa Rosa Island in the Channel Islands. This layer –– the Younger Dryas Boundary (YDB) layer –– also contains peak abundances of other exotic materials, including nanodiamonds and other unusual forms of carbon such as fullerenes, as well as melt-glass and iridium. This new evidence in support of the cosmic impact theory appeared recently in a paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences.

An estimated 10 million metric tons of impact spherules were deposited across nine countries in the four continents studied. However, the true breadth of the YDB strewnfield is unknown, indicating an impact of major proportions.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

and those same microspherules were debunked as anything to do with it about a fortnight ago because the dates all came back from the wrong period..
So that's about the last piece of credible evidence left for Firestone

edit on 28-8-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great author, Hancock, somewhat of a pioneer since he was a mainstream writer who went into alt history and religion a long time ago when it wasn’t fashionable.

I read many of his books, Talisman is a great work, and Fingerprints of the Gods, read both books more than once.

Hancock is always worth listening to

Btw, it’s laughable for “mainstream science” to mock a guy like Hancock. Mainstream science has been shown to be wrong so many times we can’t count anymore.
edit on 28-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join