It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can "ghosts" move things? like literaaly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So I had an oddness occur last week that I can't explain. I put it off as just unusual until today.

At work we have gang boxes, large boxes that we lock our individual tools in. I have gang box keys. 2 keys. both on a john deere key ring

My gang box keys came up missing 2 weeks ago. I kept them in my Carhart bibs pocket all winter, now that it has gotten warm I keep them on my desk at work. They came up missing one monday morning. I check my pockets, not there, I check everywhere in the break trailer, not there. I check my car console, not there, my truck keys are there with my wallet. Truck keys have my house key...

I search everywhere, check that console umpteen times, just my wallet and truck keys, and a few odds and ends.

I need to move my truck last week and go to my car for the keys, they are in the console, But they are not.... on top of everything is my gangbox keys.

now this console is only about 4x6 inches, 2 inches deep. I scoured it several times for my keys.

But.... now, I bought glasses last year, dont need them always but paid 700 for them so I keep track of them... Can't find them all weekend. I figure I left them on my desk at work as I was in a hurry to leave for the weekend.

At home I opened a gate to get my lawn mower into a spot that is fenced in. I found my glasses, both lenses removed but with both screws still in place. both lenses were stacked up, not perfect.

As for the glasses, I dont go in that yard but to mow, my gangbox keys, I searched that console several times....they were not there...my truck keys were.

I found my truck keys in the house....on the counter

I kinda believe in ghosts and stuff... but can they really move stuff like that?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here are some Ghost supernatural power myths:

1) Ability to touch any physical things
2) Cannot be seen by naked eye
3) Can go through walls
4) Can possess people by going into them.
5) Cannot be killed by physical objects or weapons.
6) Can also hide in object from daylight such as Umbrella?

I highly doubt they can take over your computer or TV like the Grudge. That was stupid.

edit on 30-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

At home I opened a gate to get my lawn mower into a spot that is fenced in. I found my glasses, both lenses removed but with both screws still in place. both lenses were stacked up, not perfect.

Up until this point in your story I would have chalked it all up to you, but THIS is strange, indeed. It sounds like someone is messing with you, at least for this incident. Is that possible?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Up until this point in your story I would have chalked it all up to you, but THIS is strange, indeed. It sounds like someone is messing with you, at least for this incident. Is that possible?

Thats is kinda what I thought, But I swear I checked that console for those keys several times. They were not there. They are important. I have to call on the radio to get somebody to unlock my tools every morning, so I checked, double checked and tripled checked damn near every day.

As far as somebody messing with me??? I live in the boondocks, Havent left the house all weekend other than trips into town, no vacations...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ive seen a video from a restaurant owner im friends with from his shop in Birmingham. Ive tried to get it from him but hes a busy guy who doesnt like the inet much.

In one video at 3am a door to a fridge opens, which takes considerable force to open, and then the contents looked scooped out onto floor.

Another shows a pitcher move from one table to the next before dropping to the ground during business hours with customers.

.... What you are describing sounds like someone is messing with you.. Ghostly? No clue.

I would be going nutz trying to figure it out though. No one messes with my glasses as they cost just under 700. Thats ALOT to me.

B

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

No, ghosts cannot posses people. Only poltergeists and demons can do that. Same goes for moving objects. Ghosts don't move objects, only poltergeists and demons.

Ghosts are literally like just a shadow, they play peek a boo for the most part but thats it. They can pass through things with ease sure, including a person who can feel the chill of it. But a ghost will never possess a person.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Seriously it is the weirdest thing. 2 weeks my keys missing and they show up. I thought a boughtdoing an ATS ghost thread then but didnt... Now my glasses coming up in my yard taken apart kinda freaks me out

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

my wife says we have ghosts, she hears the sneeze lol...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I recommend you make sure all windows are closed to this structure, and maybe search the bushes trees in the vicinity of where you found the glasses. Crows and other birds are known to be attracted and steal shiny or reflective objects.

In fact a study done some years back showed crows can learn to pick up loose change and deposit it into a machine located nearby for snacks. Clever little bastards. a set of only two keys may not be too heavy for them to pick up.

Otherwise, it may be a poltergeist or demon.

Edit to add: if you line I think it was either salt, or red brick dust along the perimeter of inside of the room, it can keep out most uninvited entities except I think a demon. Demons are just going to do whatever they want until they are cast back from wherever they came.
edit on 5/30/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Crows and other birds are known to be attracted and steal shiny or reflective objects.

That could explain the glasses,, I like crows and have a few around. would love to attract more. Not really but possibly, but not the keys also

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

well if you left a window open, and had only two keys on the ring I firmly believe a crow could have gotten them. But if not, the situation could be more sinister. There is a connection to the location where you found the lost property. If not animal nests, if it is more paranormal then there could be a connection nearby. Perhaps an unknown panel hiding a secret, or even something buried in the ground. Same goes for the keys as the glasses.

In the meantime, sprinkle sea salt at the entryway to the room where things go missing. I prefer an entire perimeter for peace of mind, but you do as is comfortable to you.

If you live in a smaller community and have a good friendship with the padre of the local faith house, invite him over for a chat and just observe his mannerisms but mention nothing of the occurrences. Sometimes they can pick up on things, and will make up an excuse to leave if they sense a presence. They will rarely say why or what they feel. They just have a desire to not be there and apologize.

In my experience, 90%+ of these cases turn out to have reasonable explanations, but there are few cases where its true and there are initial steps to take to get clues. The priest one I have seen can be really accurate. Sometimes other mediums can perceive hem too like tarot readers and fortune tellers, but they are harder to find a legit experienced one.

I think with the priests it is God or angels just directing a sensation or warning to them to be aware of a presence that they may need to prepare against, and thats why they suddenly leave.
sea salt tends to work more towards entities, but red brick dust can also work on the living if they seek to steal from you or do you harm. They will react similar to the priest and just either avoid entering said area or make an excuse to leave. The Earth has what we need to protect against many things known and unknown, we just have to remember them and not laugh it off.

If you have a metal detector, scout out the area where you found the glasses outside. There may be secrets in the ground.

edit on 5/30/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Do you have kids? This sounds like poltergeist activity, and that has often been correlated with teens reaching maturity--a lot of excess energy being inadvertently channeled to this kind of stuff. It's not really serious--just aggravating.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I appreciate your responding, but it is not crows.... My glasses were on the ground, both lens out, the screws that hold the lens in were intact in the upper part of the frame.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

bro then get out your metal detector, borrow one or rent one. I have a feeling there is something in the ground near where you found the glasses. If you can develop a crude map of your property and chart where things went missing and where they were found, this could also help you to discover patterns you did not notice at first glance.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Its of course all speculation, as you are asking about the attributes of something unproven and most people are at least somewhat skeptical about.

In saying that
My "ghost" experience seemingly required some force during the requested signs, so I would say a very light yes from my opinion.
Also my mother discusses her paranormal experiences and her stories suggest movement of items (witnessed though). However, mom is honest, but prone to occasional bouts of exaggeration

I would suggest keep an eye out and if strange things keep occurring, perhaps install a security camera to see what is going on (might have a mischievous raccoon nearby at the end of the day)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

TextDo you have kids?

I do but they have grown and left the house

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Thanks but not a mischievous raccoon...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks for reminding me OP. Yesterday i was out with a friend doing a bit of metal detecting. we had permission to detect on a bit of land that supposedly had some sort of burial mound on it.

We got to the farm and the mound was clearly visible 40 yards from the farmhouse. At a guess i would say the mound was roughly 30' in height by 180' at it's widest. Not sure what that would make the circumference.?

Anyway, we detected what we could. The mound was covered in trees, old trees, so anything of historic interest to be found would be waaaaay down and out of reach for a metal detector. We found some old Victorian penny's and Horseshoes but nothing to get the heart pumping.
After about a hour and a half we decided to move elsewhere. Got back to the car, had some lunch. looked around the farm for a minute or two, spoke with the farmer and his wife for 10 minutes then started packing up.

Spade!!. Where the hell's my spade.?

We searched around the Car, under the Car. Nothing. I know for a fact i brought that spade out with me. My mate slipped and fell on the way to the car and i remember putting down my detector and spade to help him up. I was reluctant to go back to the mound because i was sure i placed the spade carefully against his car door next to my detector.

At this point we are both thinking, The farmers nicked it. Hey, It's a good spade..

The day would be a bogey without my spade so as a last resort i head back to the mound just out of curiosity. I found my spade at the very top of the mound laying next to a tree. I know for a fact that was not the last place i saw it as my friend fell outside the mound.

Hmmmmmmm.

After we drove away i began thinking someone or something was trying to tell me..Hey Buddy, Dig here. You missed the motherload.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I used to hang out at a local haunted spot. I'd drive up there and park my car and sit there watching to see if I'd see anything (I did experience things on a few occasions). One night as I'm sitting there in my car, with the car parked and turned off, the back end of the car slammed down like a large adult had just jumped on it.
I don't like using the word "ghosts", but in my experience, I'd say yes.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

bro then get out your metal detector, borrow one or rent one. I have a feeling there is something in the ground near where you found the glasses.

like what? a cool stone with a cross embedded on it? because thats there,.. ill take a pic if interested

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join