It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Nostalgic Cartoons From Your Youth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yes! Thank you so much for posting David the Gnome. For some reason as a kid I absolutely loved that show. I don't know if it was the art work or the voices or what. I know I don't remember any plot lines (although I vaguely remember something about s sick fox? Wait didn't he ride a fox! Omg so much nostalgia!! Well anyways, thanks so much made my night! The fragle Rock and DBZ posts were on point as well!

Now what were some other awesome shows from childhood... I liked all the classic nickelodeon shows, Doug, Rugrats, Ahhh real monsters!, Rockos modern life, Ren and Stimpy etc etc. oh man what about Are you afraid of the Dark?! So good at the time haha. I really liked the Wonder Years and Boy Meets World too. Does anybody remember Spacecase!?!? Nobody ever remembers Spacecase... also I know some of those are not cartoons... Oops haha but the nostalgia got so nostalgish that I just couldn't contain myself.. Please accept my most humble of apologies!
edit on 28-5-2016 by Cogidubnus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have not heard of that one either I will check that out for sure. Hell recently on Crackle (although not from my childhood) they have released the Xmen, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Blade anime counter parts. I have to admit the Blade anime series is so bad ass I was amazed by it, the wolverine anime was ok the coolest part was they had 3 episodes dedicated to omega red one of my favorite bad guys that in my opinion was not explored fully, I have drawings I did of the way I envision him looking I have shown people before and they thought looked better then anything Marvel ever did with the character.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Ironically, I never got into the original Dragonball. I didn't get into it until right before Frieza's arc.

a reply to: Konduit

I can't believe I forgot the X-Men animated series. I collected X-Men comics for years, too.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
LOL there are a lot of cartoons I am waiting for people to list yet =D

Reply to Cogidubnus:

hey no problem man, I am here for the nostalgia too, I consider this recharging my batteries, I have a fairly epic art project in the works that not only intimidates me by the scope of it but also will challenge me with abilities I do not possess yet. These cartoons and your fond memories of them is what is the driving force that will motivate me to create something I hope people will not only love but also something one can look at and say I did a good job both visually and critically. =D I am trying to set the bar higher for myself.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

David The Gnome! Yes!

This one I had to google because I didn't remember the name but I remember liking it.

Also..

Not a cartoon, but..Eureka's castle

I still love cartoons!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Cool thread

Probably my most favorite one:

I hope this works, my first serious attempt at embedding ytube here..
edit on 5/28/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

I loved eurekas castle, I consider anything henson like a cartoon even though it is puppeteered it flies =D I liked the quaqmire and boney skits the best

edit on 28-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Starblazers and Yamato 2199 was so epic...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I was actually watching the RoboTech movie this morning while drawing the one about the war with the children of the shadow and the invids, RoboTech is awesome!!!

Hell a number of years ago I think 2010 we had a really bad flood, I lost almost all of my video game collection ( more then 5000 games) and alot of my old vhs collection of anime and cartoon movies RoboTech was one series completley ruined, I started that collection when I was around 6 or 7 so it was really sad for me to have to throw away so many ruined games and VHS I wanted to give them to the next generation when I was finished with them, My entire amiga and famicom collection was completely destroyed too including quite a few very hard to find games =(
edit on 28-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Agreed.
These and Robotech were ahead of their time

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

IF, IF, I had my pick of a cartoon turned into live action series I would absolutely choose
ROBOTECH OR even the Macross Saga

Of course we would have to snub Minmei, she is absolutely annoying and distracts from the story.
I suppose we could replace her with a more relevant modern equivalent..

I think BABYMETAL's music is a perfect choice for anime theme music, IMO

Sorry to hear that you lost your collection. Major bummer. I'm sure someone, somewhere still has these and will be able to digitize it for enternity(at least until the internet dies)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

LOL Babymetal=guilty pleasure shhhhhh!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Anybody remember the Bionic 6?

I have He man season 1 on dvd

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I'm an addict too, surely you've heard of our ATS support group..?
The Babymetal Addiction Center and Support Group page: 1 Courtesy of ATS member SaturnFX

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'll go off the beaten path here:
www.youtube.com...

Another of my favorites:
www.youtube.com...

And because it was a favorite of my grandfather, I watched it whenever I could:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Not directly Henson but related.
I can't get embed to work, so
Scene from The Great Space Coaster
No Gnews Is Good Gnews...
Talk about nostalgic..

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Thank you, thought I was the only one that loved saturday morning Bugs Bunny…
should be required viewing for all elementary minds.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I still love cartoons. I watch them with my nephew after work while cooking supper. The Wild Kratz and PJ Masks are 2 of his favorites. Of course, all kids love Paw Patrol right now, and he's no different.

My kids were Spongebob, Rugrats, and the whole Nick line up. along with pokemon and power rangers. I watched all of those.

As a kid, for me, it was He-Man, Thundarr the Barbarian, Transformers, Thundercats, old school Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny and Pals, anything Hanna Barbera, xmen when i was older, and justice league (i think it was called superfriends)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Thank you, thought I was the only one that loved saturday morning Bugs Bunny…
should be required viewing for all elementary minds.

Bugs Bunny and Friends was the finest cartoon ever. Saturday morning used to e worth getting up early for.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Most remembered cartoons from my childhood:

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join