It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Nostalgic Cartoons From Your Youth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This thread is a tribute to the things I used to really love as a child, half of which are things that inspired me to want to draw things and delve into the arts next to comic books and the art museums I used to read about (before the internet) I am curious what things you all grew up with?

As some of you may know I mainly post threads in the member art forum and do hit and run style posts in threads that catch my interest TV threads are not generally my thing. This here I am hoping will help re-invigorate the feeling and thoughts of my boyhood that partly moved my in a way that caused me to start these art things. I really would like to know what it was you guys and gals really liked Below is some of the ones I grew up with:

there is so many to list, Other ones like duck tales, darkwing duck, the legend of zelda cartoon, pee wees playhouse and so many more to list.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The Snorks!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Nice I forgot all about them, I was going to post a clip of the smurfs too but I figured I want to see everyone elses nostalgic cartoons =D not necassarily agree with my list, this my friend is a gem piece because I forgot all about them. I was born in 1985 so what I had as a kid is so different then what they got today, I remember watching reboot and thinking wow look at these graphics I wonder when they will make a sega genesis game like that lol.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Superfriends, Loved it!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Yesss! keep them rolling in, I am going to watch cartoons this weekend so keep em on coming in, too bad we can't have a group drunken skype involving us boozing and watching cartoons together. lol

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Those are the first 3 that come to mind. Then there are these 2 classics:

Each of those takes me back to my childhood.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Nice choices, I loved the thundercats, I was one of those that didn't watch Dragonball Z, I used to catch the original Dragon Ball and used to read the old black and white manga of the time when I could get my hands on it in the kids section of the local library.

I used to also watch Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Wing as well. I miss the old school days of Toonami on the weekends. =D I had a guilty pleasure for the TV show "Wishbone" as well but that wasn't a cartoon =(

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman Oh my gosh! I love this thread. I have a few favorites from childhood. I really loved David the Gnome!
Here is one I watched every week,

There was a cartoon I watched about Baron Munchousen and have scoured the internet looking for it.. all I remember is a beautiful song and only one lyric from the song, ''We are the sirens of the sea...''

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i was born in the eighties, but i have vague memories of this cartoon.
when i used to speak french.

but its mostly disney stuff.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

this is interesting, I never heard of this before!!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Jonny quest and thundar the barbarian.
But ya can't forget scooby doo

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I used to play the video games associated with this cartoon, I have asterix and the lost vikings series on both the snes and genesis =D I never watched the cartoon though thank you for bringing this back into my mind =D

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Johnny Quest:
youtu.be...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hell no, I was waiting for someone to mention scooby, My fav episodes were the vampire ones, I was never a fan of scrappy doo though, something about puppy power I always despised I still don't like scrappy doo

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

If you like Silverhawks, you'll love this.

Also a few classics.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Lazerhawk is cool, the artstyle reminds me of GI Joe, also the youtube channel RetroNewWave (a music channel) has a group that makes instrumental music named lazerhawk based on this cartoon and they are fairly good!!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Yeah man, I actually made a thread about the same channel not that long ago. It's awesome.

New Retro Wave - The 80's Making a Comeback

edit on 28-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Hell Yeah dude! I listen to that channel all the time when I am drawing and painting, it is usually between that and regular classical and electronic classical, I also love dubstep piano and violin (both are my favorite organic instruments)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
How about space battleship Yamato?
That's ones on Hulu

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join