It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia Approves Death for Pedophiles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

The 1st. priority should be to castrate the thousands of fathers/uncles/friends who molest their own children in Indonesia, but we all know this will never happen. Then start on the western predators who flock to Indo. to prey on vulnerable young people who have low education and come from poor backgrounds, and are paid a few cents for a blow job or a $ for something worse.. These people are animals,with many residing on Bali in the northern beach area. The police grab one now and again, just for show, then back to the coffee shop. With the locals who live outside of the major cities it's been an ongoing problem due to the lack of available sex,frustration within their body's and general taboo in discussion. The Joker(jokowi) as he is referred to over here, is a "band-aid" president, not unlike obama. Keep the masses happy when problems occur, tinker here, tinker there and everything will settle down, just you believe me.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I wonder how the LGBTP community feels about this
I'm sure they would be very pleased that criminal offenders against children are being punished. The LGBTP are NOT pedophiles, and In Indonesia they have a hard time practicing their way of life due to the religious bigots. In the major city's like Medan and Jakarta there are many clubs that cater for them. They are left alone by the police. It's mainly outside city areas that people are anti-gay, hardline bigots with a shameful full-on religious agenda.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This law should be worldwide protocol.

People who call this cruel and unusual have no clue what kind of hell survivors of child molestation, rape and abuse deal with daily. The depression. Anxiety. Substance abuse. The shame. The loneliness.

Take it from me. It does not go away. Ever. I at times wish the person who violated me had just killed me.

Instead, I throw myself into my work, and drink myself to sleep, wondering when this long day called life will come to a close.

If you think there should be second chances given, or leniency given to sexual predators, I urge you to talk to survivors. Hear their stories. I would wager one would be hard pressed to not want the death penalty for the monsters that doom children to a life of hell.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Is sexual attraction a choice or is it genetic?

Can society judge people when acting on their sexuality?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Let's just hope Indonesia enacts it correctly and doesn't use this to get rid of political dissidents or other people that stand against the government.

It seems like a pretty easy way to get rid of someone, label them with something utterly repugnant and vile, execute them. No questions will be asked.

I don't exactly trust Indonesia to not abuse this or provide adequate oversight.

Elected officials and legislative representatives determine the policies of the government, but corruption remains endemic, including in the parliament and the police. Indonesia was ranked 107 out of 175 countries and territories surveyed in Transparency International’s 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index.

Freedom house report on Indonesia

Just remember how final death is. You want to make sure if you are going to execute someone, not only that they are guilty of the crime they are being charged with, but also that those accusing party are not corrupt.

a reply to: thinline
If it is proven that paedophilia is a "sexual preference" that a person was born into, you will find people will pity them. I'd imagine it is a horrible thing to be.. they are one of the most hated groups on the planet and if that is not their fault, I feel truly sorry for them.

Can a government conscionably legislate against a person acting on their desires? That is not the question you should be asking.

The real question is, how do we stop people raping children, or anyone for that matter?
A person acting on their desires is scarcely a problem until those desires create victims, where those desires are fulfilled or acted upon at the cost of other people.

No, nobody has the right to exercise their desires if they entail hurting innocent people and creating victims of them, particularly children.

Frankly, I don't care if a person has an attraction to children, men or women. I do care if they start raping and hurting other people.
edit on 28/5/2016 by LilFox because: Added a reply

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Is sexual attraction a choice or is it genetic?

Can society judge people when acting on their sexuality?

Yes they can judge when it involves nonconsenting children
The fact you would ask such a statement sickens me.

There is a cure for pedophillia.
You have the Pharmaceutical cure:
Take 40 paracetamol and wash down with 1 lire of bleach
If urges continue repeat until cured.

Or there is the surgical option.
Take a shotgun and point at head and fire directly into the brain.
Repeat until urges stop.

Or if you want a more natural remedy
Ingest hemlock until urges stop.

edit on 28-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

So what, who cares what liberal laws in the U.S say?

they're #ing pedophiles kill them, there's a 58 cent solution for this problem, im glad countries are waking up to this.

They don't deserve a big bullet that'll end it fast. Shoot them in the head with a 10 cent .22 and watch them squirm around awhile.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
Shouldn't any murder get the same sentence?

Also, beware using "safety for children" as a reason for anything...

Example, for the safety of children the Constitution should suspended... for the safety of children all males are now banned from using the interwebs... for the safety of children everyone can only listen to only the first two Osmonds release.

Derek

All though it may sound trite because it is such an over used euphemism, for once somebody should think of the children.
edit on 28-5-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

Just throw em of a cliff. No cost then

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

Hi, i enjoyed your post. In 2014 A senior
English teacher and one of his Indonesian staff were accused of raping a young boy in a top International school in Jakarta by the mother. I wont go into full details, but it's called the "magic stone" affair. The mother was proven a liar, but the two men, one a Canadian citizen are still in jail. They were acquitted, retried and convicted again. The system in this country is totally corrupt,judges,politicians,senior police and army, you name it. If you wish to look at this gross injustice google, "Magic Stone Trial in Indonesia". Cheers.....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Not to mention all the liberal minded anti-death penalty folks, who'd scream something about "unfair punishment" and "human rights"

It's not a question of being "liberal minded" (whatever that may mean), but I find it interesting that so many people distrust their government but don't see that the death penalty may be wrongly applied to someone, and there's nothing that can be done after it has been executed.

But, in cases like this, my biggest problem is with that if there isn't a difference between the penalty for rape and for murder, what stops the criminals from killing their victims in cases in which, if they couldn't be sentenced to death, they wouldn't do it?

In my opinion, a sentence of chemical castration and life in prison would be more effective.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Problem is life never seems to mean life.

You always end up with some twisted judge or a bleeding heart parole board that thinks they can rehabilitate these animals and release them and then a few months later you see on the news they go and do it again......

If its a clear cut case of multiple witnesses and DNA (come on if semen if found in a child its pretty dame obvious). The its best just to put them down. They are of no use to humanity as they will always be a danger and keeping them in prison just wastes resources and puts society at risk of being released.

Better to spend the prison resources on a human that can be rehabilitated.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Problem is life never seems to mean life.

You always end up with some twisted judge or a bleeding heart parole board that thinks they can rehabilitate these animals and release them and then a few months later you see on the news they go and do it again......

Can't the sentence be life without the possibility of parole?

If its a clear cut case of multiple witnesses and DNA (come on if semen if found in a child its pretty dame obvious). The its best just to put them down. They are of no use to humanity as they will always be a danger and keeping them in prison just wastes resources and puts society at risk of being released.

Better to spend the prison resources on a human that can be rehabilitated.

Some years ago in Italy, some people sentenced to life in prison wrote a letter to the president asking for the death penalty, as they were tired of living in prison and preferred to be killed than living like that.

PS: I found an article about it, here.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Lifetime solitary confinement seems a pretty sound punishment failing the death penalty.

In some European countries Life can be as few as 10-15 years...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: LordDraconia

Just throw em of a cliff. No cost then

Genius!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
In some European countries Life can be as few as 10-15 years...

That's another problem, sentences shouldn't be played as if they were a game, if someone is sentenced to life in prison then it should mean life in prison.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Now how do we get congress to visit indonesia. hmnnn

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As someone who was falsely accused of molesting a child, I hope this never becomes the case in the US. Being accused of being a pedophile is something that sticks with you for life, and it's damned hard to fight a conviction unless you're rich.

The only thing that kept me out of prison when I was accused was the fact that those investigating me knew my family on a personal level.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hang 'em high.

Salon will probably be writing an article soon condemning this decision and offering to pay legal fees for the poor, oppressed pedophiles.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good should be that way in the states too!

it should be mandatory...
and castration should be Mandatory for a child..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join