It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia Approves Death for Pedophiles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Following the horrific rape and murder of a 14 year old girl by over a dozen men and boys, the President just could not take it any more and authorized judges to be allowed to sentence child molesters and rapists to death and chemical castration. This is a victory for the safety of children and peace of mind for parents. Hopefully the new laws can become a stronger deterrent against these kinds of crimes. If not, at least we know the vile scum who commit such crimes may be put down permanently.

Indonesia's President has approved tough new punishments for child sex offenders, including a maximum penalty of death and chemical castration, after the brutal gang-rape and murder of a schoolgirl. "This regulation is intended to overcome the crisis caused by sexual violence against children," President Joko Widodo said at the presidential palace in Jakarta. "Sexual crimes against children are extraordinary crimes, because they threaten the lives of children."

Under previous laws, the maximum sentence for rape — including that of a minor — was 14 years in jail. By introducing chemical castration, Indonesia joins a small group of countries that use the punishment worldwide, including Poland and some states in the US.

Mr Widodo was spurred into action after the murder and gang-rape in April of a 14-year-old girl, who was attacked by a gang of drunken men and boys as she walked home from school on the western island of Sumatra. Her battered body was found three days later in woods, tied up and naked.

I hope this will serve as a warning to all who would travel to poorer countries to exploit minors, and reflect on any who believe this behavior to be any kind of acceptable. Heed the warnings Todd Nickerson of Salon.com, Indonesia is waiting for you.
edit on 5/27/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Good. Hopefully more countries follow suit.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This should have been a worldwide law for centuries..
Never thought I'd say this but we'll done Indonesia..

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Would like to compare the statistics for rape today and going foward..would be good to see if the numbers drop drastically for a sustained period of time...years?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I am going to infer that their justice department will be keeping track. I any case most countries in the world make those statistics public. So we can find out going forward by simply checking year to year. I would say it takes about five years from the law going into effect to actually see if there is a measurable difference.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think in the U.S. chemical castration is considered "cruel and unusual punishment".

Except for these:

Eight states allow chemical or surgical castration of sex offenders. They are: California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Montana, Oregon, Texas, and Wisconsin. California was the first state to allow chemical castration when its governor signed into law a measure allowing certain sex offenders to receive medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) treatment or its equivalent as punishment for their crime. MPA, an artificial female hormone, is commonly sold under the name Depo-Provera and is used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding, promote menstrual cycles, and treat symptoms of menopause. When used by men, MPA has the effect of reducing their testosterone levels to pre-puberty levels.

www.cga.ct.gov...
edit on 5/27/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I think Louisiana has the death penalty for rape of a child under 12.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think this is a great step forward for humanity. As an earlier poster said, I hope other countries quickly follow suit.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Indeed. It's way past time the vile obscene filth starts getting flushed out of the gene pool.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's a good start, but we still have a way to go, like in Pakistan they still say it's OK to " lightly beat " your wife.
Hats off to the judge who made a decision to help the kids . I hope they enforce it to the fullest any time this happens.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It has to be noted that the penalty for a crime, whatever it may be, is of little deterrence if adequate enforcement isn't available. The latter being what allows crime to flourish.

Hopefully Indonesia takes steps to improving that as well. Otherwise the new laws will have little effect on the situation.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This law would never pass in the US. Think of all the politicians, execs, Hollywood producers, cops, actors and powerful individuals involed in unspeakable kiddie stuff.
- or Vietnamese roulette, similar to Russian Roulette, except instead of one chance to die, you have 4, and one chance to live. ... (keep playing until dead..... imagine how mentally forked that would leave someone
Kiddie lovers deserve it.)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
This law would never pass in the US. Think of all the politicians, execs, Hollywood producers, cops, actors and powerful individuals involed in unspeakable kiddie stuff.
- or Vietnamese roulette, similar to Russian Roulette, except instead of one chance to die, you have 4, and one chance to live. ... (keep playing until dead..... imagine how mentally forked that would leave someone
Kiddie lovers deserve it.)

Not to mention all the liberal minded anti-death penalty folks, who'd scream something about "unfair punishment" and "human rights"

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good.

Nothing else too add.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
This should have been a worldwide law for centuries..
Never thought I'd say this but we'll done Indonesia..

Yup.
Pedos who have acted cant be rehabilitated.

They will always be a danger to society.

They have to be jailed for life or put down.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

So what, who cares what liberal laws in the U.S say?

they're #ing pedophiles kill them, there's a 58 cent solution for this problem, im glad countries are waking up to this.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Never happen in the US with rags like salon.com pushing the 'ok to be pedo' propaganda.

To many pedos in positions of power.

Good on Indonesia.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Shouldn't any murder get the same sentence?

Also, beware using "safety for children" as a reason for anything...

Example, for the safety of children the Constitution should suspended... for the safety of children all males are now banned from using the interwebs... for the safety of children everyone can only listen to only the first two Osmonds release.

Derek

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Suddenly, a thousand dirtbag politicians are canceling their vacations. . . . . .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join