It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hateful Christians (not you nice Christians)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have noticed a disturbing trend on ATS.

You probably have too.

Now anyone familiar with Jesus teachings knows that tolerance and humility are important. Love is the focus of the two greatest commandments.

So what is it about some Christians who feel that arrogance, intolerance, jealousy, spite, persecution of others beliefs, hate, ignorance, all the things that come from Satan, are appropriate behavior for a Christian?

Are they possessed? Deceived? Evil? Hypocritical?

Well these thing don't come from Christ, I can tell you that.

Fellow Christians, Time to walk the walk and stop letting Satan fool you.

When you act like this, you disrespect yourself. You make Christianity look like a religion of ignorant heathens.

When you don't respect people's beliefs and even ridicule them, you ridicule yourself.

There is nothing righteous about hate. Even worse is the denial of this hatred. It is prevalent, and although they know to deny hatred, they are also proud of it. Cults act this way.

You ridicule the mission of Christ.

Shame on you.

NOTE: I am not speaking to all Christians. If you think I am talking about you it is probably because you are guilty of this.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I remember a gnosisfaith guy like you

As I understand it, you are declaring yourself a chtistian, do you accept the Nicene creed, I figured you were a gnostic
Maybe I got it wrong

I also note the hateful Christians are the ones who question, don't believe your doctrines

Guess I am a hater, I will just have to live with that I guess

Anyone familiar with Christs teachings doesn't act in many ways, meet the mirror

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I remember a gnosisfaith guy like you

As I understand it, you are declaring yourself a chtistian, do you accept the Nicene creed, I figured you were a gnostic
Maybe I got it wrong

I also note the hateful Christians are the ones who question, don't believe your doctrines

Guess I am a hater, I will just have to live with that I guess

Anyone familiar with Christs teachings doesn't act in many ways, meet the mirror

Indeed you are the perfect example of what I am talking about. Your never wrong because you claim to follow Christ.

But you don't follow Christ. You talk about it.

Thank you for providing the perfect example of the Satanic Christian of which I speak.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

How did you translate the OP into that tripe. Your filtering system faildef you, if this is your interpretation of the OP.

- but back to topic.
OP: behind the veil of anonymity (be it a pointy mask or the Internet) , all Christians -good or bad- become humans.
edit on 27-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yes the veil is also what makes good people into hypocrites. When you pay no attention to the men behind the curtain it is easy to be deceived. Even to the point where the wicked can claim righteousness behind the mask of religion. Deceived by a desire for superiority and to be "chosen" people will use religion for personal gain, and I don't mean self improvement.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Being a Christian has nothing to do with it......but that "holier than thou" arrogant stance that many Evangelicals take is so ******up.

No wonder they support Trump....

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Being a Christian has nothing to do with it......but that "holier than thou" arrogant stance that many Evangelicals take is so ******up.

Well I think being a Christian is the major factor in the behavior I am talking about.

Holier than though Christians are who I am talking about.

And they do get their views from the Evangelicals. So it is partly their fault.

Most independent Christians who don't rely on others to tell them what this and that passage mean don't fit this category.

So yeah, Evangelical preachers are snakes.

They love Trump because he hates Muslims too. Pretty sick stuff.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan
Sorry was not gonna say anything but feel obligated to. You claim he doesn't follow christ but nor do you. You don't believe him to be the son of god because you believe in islam or "messianic christian" depending on who you are debating with, who believe him to be a prophet.

I KNEW you would start an emotional thread. With certainty. Simply because you are the new one. I have survived your predessesors (lol). You will come and go like the rest when you realise no one shares the same values.

Calling someone a satanic christian in the first response isn't very christian. You are a satanic christian. If you have possessions outside necessity
You follow the devil. Unless you don't have a phone or PC you are materialistic. Satan has fooled you.

People see the double standards and so will you soon.

(post by Parazurvan removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree! And support the NRA wholeheartedly as an evangelical. Guns and God! Its quite the oxymoron!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sorry so long as always: I have discussed with Parazurvan the difference between the Biblical recorded view of who and what Jesus of Nazareth is. I have discussed with him his view of the OT writers and how YHWH is recorded as being the highest of the Elohim (spirits) and that he requests the Israelites to worship him alone. That the manor in which other spirit worship is the cause of YHWH's anger and punishment toward his own people who are his bride and inheritance as well as him being their inheritance. This was as opposed to the other peoples of the world who were seperated after Babel that followed after other gods. That I agreed that historically we agreed that some but not all Israelits were polytheistic, and this is where there is confusion today where people want to state that all religions are the same and say the same message. He however did not take the time to address 90% of what I wrote, in which I wasn't even arguing against his viewpoint, rather I was stating that I find his view interesting, but there is another view of the Bible, that mirrors his view. However, in a mirror you know that its the same image, but everything is in its opposite place. Meaning YHWH is the only Elohim all powerful and worthy of worship, that Jesus is his only unique Son that in Him as recorded, is YHWH, and that Jesus is the only Messiah, the only way to Heaven because only his sacrifice was acceptable to God the Father in order to pay for the sin every man or woman commits in their life.

Parazurvan in his own words while debating myself, has stated in so much he rejects the Jesus of the Bible, rejects YHWH of the Bible, and substitutes his own view of both, not recorded in the Bible. He might pick and choose scripture out of context to support his own viewpoint, which still is interesting and his views as thr views of other very educated people, are supported by some pieces of evidence, but they are not what is supported by or at all what the Bible is stating. It is okay for others to have their fascinating views, but as a Christian who has read enough of the Bible and read enough of other ancient scriptures of the Levant, as well as studied some of the occult, I for myself am highly confident in my view the Bible is true, the message is continuous and Jesus is indeed the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. I just disagree with Parazurvan.

In so much however that I like to read other viewpoints such as his, I find it distrubing for people to try and get beleivers in the Biblical Jesus, to abandon the Biblical view in favor of one that is clearly NOT supported by Biblical scripture. This is a very bad thing to do as a Christian or a Jew, as his view is VERY far away from what the Bible states, and rejects it in favor of something "in place of", which we know angers YHWH and grieves His Spirit.

Christian, do not be deceived. God has given you PLENTY of very good answers to your questions regarding the Bible, as well as your questions regarding your faith. He has given you mountains of evidence that sustain what the Bible states, and also evidence to explain why Parazurvan claims what he thinks and why.

Thank you for reading Christian.
edit on 27-5-2016 by SelectStart because: correction

edit on 27-5-2016 by SelectStart because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Aaaha finally a Christian speaking out against this growing trend amongst some christians here on ATS.
Yep you can name it by name, Christians with an anti-islam agenda... Please study how prophet Muhammed (pbuh) treated christians, you'll be baffled about the kindness he showed them. I even challange you to find me 1 thread of a muslim on ats who bashed Christianity... You'll find none, I atleast haven't seen one on here for the last 4-5 years since I'm active member. The other way around however?

I'll give you a personal example that portrays my respect towards christianity; there was once this christian preacher in front of the entrence of our college giving out free bibles to students. I saw one of the students who received one throwing it in a trash can a couple meters further. I picked it up from the trashcan and untill this day I still have it here on my desk. Yes we differ in some things but do not forget that we also have a lot in common.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SelectStart

Sorry so long as always: I have discussed with Parazurvan the difference between the Biblical recorded view of who and what Jesus of Nazareth is. I have discussed with him his view of the OT writers and how YHWH is recorded as being the highest of the Elohim (spirits) and that he requests the Israelites to worship him alone. That the manor in which other spirit worship is the cause of YHWH's anger and punishment toward his own people who were his bride and inheritance as well as him being there inheritance. This was as opposed to the other peoples of the world who were seperated after Babel that followed after other gods. That I agreed that historically we agreed that some but not all Israelits were polytheistic, and this is where there is confusion today where people want to state that all religions are the same and say the same message. He however did not take the time to address 90% of what I wrote, in which I wasn't even arguing against his viewpoint, rather I was stating that I find his view interesting, but there is another view of the Bible, that mirrors his view. However, in a mirror you know that its the same image, but everything is in its opposite place. Meaning YHWH is the only Elohim all powerful and worthy of worship, that Jesus is his only unique Son that in Him as recorded, is YHWH, and that Jesus is the only Messiah, the only way to Heaven because only his sacrifice was acceptable to God the Father in order to pay for the sin every man or woman commits in their life.

Parazurvan in his own words while debating myself, has stated in so much he rejects the Jesus of the Bible, rejects YHWH of the Bible, and substitutes his own view of both, not recorded in the Bible. He might pick and choose scripture out of context to support his own viewpoint, which still is interesting and his views as thr views of other very educated people, are supported by some pieces of evidence, but they are not what is supported by or at all what the Bible is stating. It is okay for others to have their fascinating views, but as a Christian who has read enough of the Bible and read enough of other ancient scriptures of the Levant, as well as studied some of the occult, I for myself am highly confident in my view the Bible is true, the message is continuous and Jesus is indeed the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. I just disagree with Parazurvan.

In so much however that I like to read other viewpoints such as his, I find it distrubing for people to try and get beleivers in the Biblical Jesus, to abandon the Biblical view in favor of one that is clearly NOT supported by Biblical scripture. This is a very bad thing to do as a Christian or a Jew, as his view is VERY far away from what the Bible states, and rejects it in favor of something "in place of", which we know angers YHWH and grieves His Spirit.

Christian, do not be deceived. God has given you PLENTY of very good answers to your questions regarding the Bible, as well as your questions regarding your faith. He has given you mountains of evidence that sustain what the Bible states, and also evidence to explain why Parazurvan claims what he thinks and why.

Thank you for reading Christian.

I would like to thank you for providing yet another example of what I am talking about.

He has " told" me the "truth" but because I disagree I am wrong.

And because of that nothing is too petty or false for him to say about me. I have conversed with this know it all who is never happy until you agree with him completely.

If you don't, everything you do is wrong.

This is going better than I expected. All the culprits are showing up.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel

Aaaha finally a Christian speaking out against this growing trend amongst some christians here on ATS.
Yep you can name it by name, Christians with an anti-islam agenda... Please study how prophet Muhammed (pbuh) treated christians, you'll be baffled about the kindness he showed them. I even challange you to find me 1 thread of a muslim on ats who bashed Christianity... You'll find none, I atleast haven't seen one on here for the last 4-5 years since I'm active member. The other way around however?

I'll give you a personal example that portrays my respect towards christianity; there was once this christian preacher in front of the entrence of our college giving out free bibles to students. I saw one of the students who received one throwing it in a trash can a couple meters further. I picked it up from the trashcan and untill this day I still have it here on my desk. Yes we differ in some things but do not forget that we also have a lot in common.

Speak the truth brother. Salaam.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think this ends the whole discussion right here. However after discussing with Parazurvan in another thread "As above so below" in the secret society section of ATS, it seems in this thread here, he is being VERY disingenuous regarding his actual views. He appears to be coming from a "Christian" viewpoint asking why other Christians are so hostile and angry. This to me seems like a trick for causing dissension.

We as Christians should only focus on submitting to God in Jesus Christ, so that the Holy Spirit strengthens and guides us, in terms of religion. True, anything else added to this is just garbage, whether its politics (slippery slope), or patriotic self righteousness, or if it's religious self righteousness (we are all sinners), or if its racism (there is neither Jew nor Greek, just replace any two races there), or if its violence in the name of (be as gentle as doves but as cunning as snakes), or if its a false Christ (Jesus is THE way).

Todays world is extremely confusing and complicated, and changes so very fast. However, the good news of the Bible is pretty simple. Just read the Bible and submit to God through Jesus Christ. Receive his Spirit. The Spirit of God will take care of the rest.
edit on 27-5-2016 by SelectStart because: spelling.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SelectStart

I think this ends the whole discussion right here. However after discussing with Parazurvan in another thread "As above so below" in the secret society section of ATS, it seems in this thread here, he is being VERY disingenuous regarding his actual views. He appears to be coming from a "Christian" viewpoint asking why other Christians are so hostile and angry. This to me seems like a trick for causing dissension.

We as Christians should only focus on submitting to God in Jesus Christ, so that the Holy Spirit strengthens and guides us, in terms of religion. True, anything else added to this is just garbage, whether its politics (slippery slope), or patriotic self righteousness, or if it's religious self righteousness (we are all sinners), or if its racism (there is neither Jew nor Greek, just replace any two races there), or if its violence in the name of (be as gentle as doves but as cunning as snakes), or if its a false Christ (Jesus is THE way).

Todays world is extremely confusing and complicated, and changes so very fast. However, the good news of the Bible is pretty simple. Just read the Bible and submit to God through Jesus Christ. Receive his Spirit. The Spirit of God will take care of the rest.

Again, you feel the need to say negative things about me that aren't true. I have been very open about my beliefs and none of my threads show anything about me that you claim they do.

But you are supplying me with great evidence of the topic of my thread.

For that thank you.

The fact that you are here, hating my beliefs, lying, and are one of the upset ones makes it apparent that the shoe fits you.

You could always not lie, hate and be arrogant but you are choosing to do so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join