It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hateful Christians (not you nice Christians)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nimrod as above,...

This is not my thread, but the one Speedstart is talking about trying to slander me.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: FIXED LINK SORRY!!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan
Ecclesiastes 7:9 (NWT):

Do not be quick to take offense, for the taking of offense lodges in the bosom of fools.

Remember: The correction that hurts the most may be the correction that you need the most. If, for whatever reason, you reject it, you miss out on a valuable opportunity to grow.—Bible principle: Proverbs 16:18 (NWT):

Pride is before a crash, And a haughty spirit before stumbling.

It's usually not pride that makes a person say something about beliefs they view as wrong (that would be zeal for what a person considers to be true, especially when those other beliefs contradict it). Of course pride can be involved in the way they approach this. Just remember everyone needs correction.

“We all stumble many times.”—James 3:2.

Correction can help you become a better person.

“Listen to discipline and become wise.”—Proverbs 8:33.

Here's a good attitude to learn from, Psalms 141:5:

Should the righteous one strike me, it would be an act of loyal love;
Should he reprove me, it would be like oil on my head,
Which my head would never refuse.
My prayer will continue even during their calamities.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parazurvan
a reply to: coomba98

They have people that you can talk to about your personal problems.

I don't think they do lobotomies anymore but they have other treatments available that have been shown very effective.

But I don't think obsessive cyber stalking of people you don't know, or developing strong feelings about people over the internet is something that has been studied.

You see, most people don't develops this disorder so you might just want to admit that you have a problem with obsession with other people who don't care about you because they don't know you.

Because from your comments you seem to have a few of these obsessions and may even be pretending I am someone else you previously were obsessed with.

How odd.

Come on man. Anyone who has a computer and the internet has witnessed this type of thing happening before in other website forums that have nothing to do with religion. It could be a radio control car forum where someone gets banned and they come back with a different user name regarding RC cars.

The person you are trying to make fun of regarding having a disorder, just thinks that you are doing the same type of thing, that is posting things with different user names. Maybe he is wrong? It doesn't mean he has a disorder.

You tend to use a lot of strong words in your posts towards others, but lack substance addressing their concerns, other than the substance of the strength of your laughs.

I do applaud you for some of what you wrote in your other thread in replying to myself, but as soon as I addressed what you had replied with, you simply waived the magic wand of disregard with phrases such as "bum and crackpot", and "yada yada, boring", and the most revealing of them all regarding how you are cloaking your point of view in this thread of:

"Again blah blah. I am not going to argue with a follower who doesn't care about anything but Christianity and thinks Nazareth was a town." - Parazurvan

This is clear evidence in your own words you discredit yourself in THIS thread. I agree you have a right to any viewpoint you wish. You could think Jesus was a cross dressing liberty cap mushroom eater if you wanted to. You could have your evidence to back up what you thought. But you cannot be taken seriously at all, starting this thread off, as if you are genuinely concerned Christians are not following the Christian way of the Bible, when you yourself do not accept the words of the Bible.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Nimrod as above,...

This is not my thread, but the one Speedstart is talking about trying to slander me.

My bad then if you didnt start this thread. Did you not write the quotation from this thread I copied and pasted towards me?
edit on 27-5-2016 by SelectStart because: wrote the same thing twice by mistake.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Do not be quick to take offense, for the taking of offense lodges in the bosom of fools.

Remember: The correction that hurts the most may be the correction that you need the most. If, for whatever reason, you reject it, you miss out on a valuable opportunity to grow.—Bible principle: Proverbs 16:18 (NWT):

It's usually not pride that makes a person say something about beliefs they view as wrong (that would be zeal for what a person considers to be true, especially when those other beliefs contradict it). Of course pride can be involved in the way they approach this. Just remember everyone needs correction.

OK would you care to elaborate? I can't see that applying to me as I am not hurt or being corrected so I assume that your comment is in agreement with mine.

And I agree, the truth hurts people.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SelectStart

Honestly, I find you stubborn and annoying.

So in response to your know everything attitude I did dismiss you. The conversation was going nowhere and you just want to argue.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

OK would you care to elaborate? I can't see that applying to me as I am not hurt or being corrected so I assume that your comment is in agreement with mine.

And I agree, the truth hurts people.

What this person wrote applies two fold to what you have been saying. It applies to the Christian that indeed is hateful and misuses the Word in error. It also applies to you becauss in terms of the Bible compared to what you state, there IS some correction you need if you wish to be in line with the word of God. If you dont believe fully in the Bible then of course this wouldnt matter to you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It has been established academically that no town named Nazareth existed at the time of Jesus.

It should be the Nazarene and not of Nazareth.

I even gave you info on the origins of the Nazarenes, the Nazirites or Nozrim such as Samson.

But you insist Nazareth was a town.

Am I supposed to continue a conversation with you when you won't accept facts?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I remember a gnosisfaith guy like you

As I understand it, you are declaring yourself a chtistian, do you accept the Nicene creed, I figured you were a gnostic
Maybe I got it wrong

I also note the hateful Christians are the ones who question, don't believe your doctrines

Guess I am a hater, I will just have to live with that I guess

Anyone familiar with Christs teachings doesn't act in many ways, meet the mirror

Indeed you are the perfect example of what I am talking about. Your never wrong because you claim to follow Christ.

But you don't follow Christ. You talk about it.

Thank you for providing the perfect example of the Satanic Christian of which I speak.

But how do you know the poster doesn't follow Christ in his day to day life? Do you know this person? Can you reach across time and space to read his mind and heart to see? Or are you judging merely by his disagreement with your preferred points of doctrine?

The point of having a discussion is for people to talk about things, even to the point of disagreement. Not all of the early Christians, even all of the disciples, agreed on how best to follow what Christ taught.

Look at the seven letters of Revelation ... all of those churches have put the practice of Christ's teachings to work in different ways, some with very deep flaws; however, the letters make clear that Christians will come out of ALL of those different churches, overcoming those challenges to the very end. Christ himself made plain that in the end those of all nations and peoples would be part of the multitude.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It has been established academically that no town named Nazareth existed at the time of Jesus.

I even gave you info on the origins of the Nazarenes, the Nazirites or Nozrim such as Samson.

I replied to the fact that yes, some academics believe Nazareth did not exist when Jesus was born, BUT and a big but lol, there are some scholars that DO beleive it existed, and that some DO have EVIDENCE of its existance. I even cited a scholar, and his archaeological evidence he found for its existance in Jesus' day.

I care not for continuing that particular discussion, unless you do, then I would gladly pick up where YOU checked out of it.

This is not the crux of what im saying here. I quoted YOUR words and again, if you do not beleive the words of the Bible, you cannot be taken seriously as telling people that do believe the words of the Bible, that they are not following their Bible.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's not some academics it is an established fact.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SelectStart

I replied to the fact that yes, some academics believe Nazareth did not exist when Jesus was born, BUT and a big but lol, there are some scholars that DO beleive it existed, and that some DO have EVIDENCE of its existance. I even cited a scholar, and his archaeological evidence he found for its existance in Jesus' day.

I care not for continuing that particular discussion, unless you do, then I would gladly pick up where YOU checked out of it.

This is not the crux of what im saying here. I quoted YOUR words and again, if you do not beleive the words of the Bible, you cannot be taken seriously as telling people that do believe the words of the Bible, that they are not following their Bible.

I can interpret the Bible as I see fit.

It isn't a history book. Some of the stories are allegorical. Some moral tales.

Not even Jews believe the OT is to be read as a literal history. Not all Christians do either.

There is no requirement for being a Christian that means the whole book must be believed as history. That is ridiculous.

Read the writings of Clement of Rome and Philo Judeas. Neither thought the old Testament was literal history and dedicated much time to allegorical interpretations.

One was a Jew and the other the disciple of Peter the Apostle from who he learned this from.

So it is rather silly to read it as history when it was written allegorically.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No, that person has literally been stalking me for three days on this site. He really is obsessed with me.

He genuinely needs help.

When you get your facts straight then speak on it. Otherwise don't. You can say whatever you want about me but I do not discriminate against anyone.

I do not say things like that unless I have been repeatedly provoked, called names, harassed and stalked.

Well, you did say similar things to me, and i wasnt stalking you lol. It may appear a stalking is taking place tho from me to you. Jk! No really i didnt ever find you as being mean or agressive to me at all, i found it a little humorous and it made me chuckle with some of your responses as some of how you respond still does. I only chose to pop up in this thread, because I want to protect my fellow brothers and sisters from being like "well heah this Christian person Peruzarvan is kinda right, I have been mis interpreting my Bible all along"...when the truth is the Bible is clear regarding matters that do offend some people in one way or another. Im sorry, it just is what it is. Heck, it offends my desire to sin as well in all the ways I am skewed towards sinning. I have to submit to God through Jesus just as is written, because without the power of God to salvation, I am literally mud.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's not some academics it is an established fact.

Okay here is where I have already taken the discussion road with you, and because you have not done much except for just stating "neener neener boo boo, just so" statements, let me reply in like to you.

Bullocks.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I did nothing to you that you did note provoke me to do with your arrogance.

You like to write long comments trashing other people's opinions if you have a different opinion.

You assert as fact things that are not.

You are not pleasant to deal with at all. So if I was rude, sorry, but I can't stand people who think they know everything.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Gonna ignore me then respond twice. You are full of surprises sir. Now I hear your into reptilian fiery angels. Must be really strong stuff.

Oh and yer.....tolerance. you supposedly a Christian, use it. Helps with the self righteousness.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I remember a gnosisfaith guy like you

As I understand it, you are declaring yourself a chtistian, do you accept the Nicene creed, I figured you were a gnostic
Maybe I got it wrong

I also note the hateful Christians are the ones who question, don't believe your doctrines

Guess I am a hater, I will just have to live with that I guess

Anyone familiar with Christs teachings doesn't act in many ways, meet the mirror

Indeed you are the perfect example of what I am talking about. Your never wrong because you claim to follow Christ.

But you don't follow Christ. You talk about it.

Thank you for providing the perfect example of the Satanic Christian of which I speak.

But how do you know the poster doesn't follow Christ in his day to day life? Do you know this person? Can you reach across time and space to read his mind and heart to see? Or are you judging merely by his disagreement with your preferred points of doctrine?

The point of having a discussion is for people to talk about things, even to the point of disagreement. Not all of the early Christians, even all of the disciples, agreed on how best to follow what Christ taught.

Look at the seven letters of Revelation ... all of those churches have put the practice of Christ's teachings to work in different ways, some with very deep flaws; however, the letters make clear that Christians will come out of ALL of those different churches, overcoming those challenges to the very end. Christ himself made plain that in the end those of all nations and peoples would be part of the multitude.

How do you not know? Have you read his comments? He is a bigot who harasses anyone who isn't a Christian with insults and ridicule every day. All day. He admits he is proud of it.

It is equal to racism.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reply again Peruzarvan

Again, NOT what im arguing here, if I had time today, we could go round and round regarding (and id LOVE to) the historicity of the Bible, and all the takes on how much literalism and how much allegory and what and who and where and why there is. It is a MASSIVE discussion and a good one too.

My thang, is that Im saying to people WHO DO accept the words that in what ever way made it to 2016 in what we call the Bible, as historical and as the way of their religious preference, it is in NO way what you claim it to be. You do and admit to not believe it, so therefore speaking to Christians that DO believe it, you have no skin in that game. I gotta do some chores before my Wife gets home or my name is mud again lol. Take care man or woman. Peace.

Example: I know there is historically much division within the Islamic world regarding what various sects of Islam believe. Even today, there is much division. There are different views and interpretations. But that does in no way make me, not being a believing Muslim, able to tell Muslims how to believe regarding their Holy Book or their Holy beliefs. I respect and I can learn about their religion and their history, I can question and I can make my own opinions, but I CANNOT tell them in any miniscule way what their scripture means TO THEM, how to interpret it or how they are not good Muslims. I cannot tell them what Allah's Prophet meant.

I can however give my opinion of what I think regarding Islam or any other view. But it doesn't alter their scripture or their view. It is only my view. I hope this is clear.

edit on 27-5-2016 by SelectStart because: meestake

edit on 27-5-2016 by SelectStart because: addition

edit on 27-5-2016 by SelectStart because: clarifying

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Gonna ignore me then respond twice. You are full of surprises sir. Now I hear your into reptilian fiery angels. Must be really strong stuff.

Oh and yer.....tolerance. you supposedly a Christian, use it. Helps with the self righteousness.

I will address this. A Seraphim is an angel. And also a fiery serpent. Seraphim means, fiery or blazing serpent. Judaism has had that before Christianity.

St. Francis of Assissi is called the Seraphic father because he saw a Serpent angel called a Seraphim, a Christian belief from Judaism, on a cross.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join