It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Kill Spending Bill Over Its LGBT Protections

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Residents have the right to appeal to courts when their state fails to protect them.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't know...we can't prove that because it's impossible to do so.

But like I said, you interpret the reasoning behind opposing the special designation for LBGT folks differently than I do. You are editorializing the "why" behind the reason, akin to Nancy Pelosi's quite on the article...and doing so without proof, just a bias that appears to be guiding that interpretation.

But to each their own, I guess.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Metallicus

Ok for one, they are just extending rights that racial minorities already have to lgbt people. For two, this has nothing to do with the President or his EO's. This is 100% Congress not doing anything.

if trump gets in (hope the hell not), you will see the dismantling of all kinds of programs that have helped the poor and middle class. social security, medicare, VA, energy and education depts.....and you'll see tax cuts for the wealthy and corporate, done with borrowed money that the rest of us will be paying for.....

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sure, and then the court has an obligation to rule in accordance with the Constitution.

That said, I don't see the solution as being adding more bullet points to the list of protected people, but removing all of them altogether and letting the fact that the Constitution says that all laws must be applied equally to all citizens do the talking.

This is a waste of government time and resources.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It would be nice if it would work but it won't.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It would work...it just won't ever happen, because removing legislation already on the books in a near impossibility. This is why knee-jerk-reaction laws have no place in official legislation. Some aspects of the amendments created during the Reconstruction Era speak to that.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It takes years to get any kind of protection for a minority group and we're still at it! Because for some stupid fking reason people can't get through their goddamn heads that you can't discriminate (beyond a personal level) in this country. How many years from the end of slavery til black people could vote and be granted equal access to public accommodations? Women? Still struggling with Gay people and we're onto Trans... then there's Muslims. People refuse to be mature and accept the 14th as is. It's like your kid when you tell them they can't play Battlefield all night but you go to pee at 2am and there they are playing some other game because you didn't specify all games.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Since you can see the future, can you tell me exactly what date the social security program will run out of money? I mean, even though I paid in, at the rate the government is going, it'll be empty long before I can take my own money back out of it. But, yeah, here's hoping Trump doesn't dismantle that winner of a program.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Keeping to your post. Seems both sides deliberately sabotaged this.

I wonder, do they know what a joke they are and just don't care or are they that oblivious to it all?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
a reply to: jimmyx

Since you can see the future, can you tell me exactly what date the social security program will run out of money? I mean, even though I paid in, at the rate the government is going, it'll be empty long before I can take my own money back out of it. But, yeah, here's hoping Trump doesn't dismantle that winner of a program.

There's money in the SS account?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
why can't just take one issue, address it, write up a law dealing with just that one issue and vote on it without adding a ton of non-related crap to it?? what usually happens is that neither side doesn't like the bill and they go on from there for the next decade or so blaming each other for defeating the bill, or they pass it, and proceed to blame each other for passing it..

ya know what would cut the spending?? having them admit that they don't want to do a danged thing and go home, the last one out the door can turn off the lights!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've just decided that we don't need these guys at all. They keep writing legislation and writing legislation. Changing legislation and undoing what the last guys did. Is enough ever going to be enough? In fourteen thousand years, will these useless drags on humanity still be up to the same thing (assuming we don't all kill each other first)?

Does anyone think it's possible to ever have enough freaking laws? There are already so many that nobody can possibly know all of them. You've got to have a hundred different kinds of lawyers to know the laws. Business law, civil law, criminal law, etc.

At some point we have to just stop.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've just decided that we don't need these guys at all. They keep writing legislation and writing legislation. Changing legislation and undoing what the last guys did. Is enough ever going to be enough? In fourteen thousand years, will these useless drags on humanity still be up to the same thing (assuming we don't all kill each other first)?

Does anyone think it's possible to ever have enough freaking laws? There are already so many that nobody can possibly know all of them. You've got to have a hundred different kinds of lawyers to know the laws. Business law, civil law, criminal law, etc.

At some point we have to just stop.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I absolutely hate this rider crap. Congress needs to be reigned in by the people, one way to do that is disallow riders... of course we'd have to get Congress to approve...

You could guaruntee someone would add an unapprovable rider to that Bill.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Ok first off, I'm going to say that I'm blaming both sides of the partisan aisle equally for this latest piece of Congress do-nothingism.

So Republicans.......[their fault blah blah they suck]

Where is your nonsense complaining about the Democrats then?

You can't say you blame both sides and then rail against one side.

So I'll do it for you. Both sides suck and we need to clean house next election.

edit on AMFri, 27 May 2016 08:44:51 -050052016Friday2752016516 by ArnoldNonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

You know when you erase everything in my OP after Republicans and write blah blah blah it makes you look so dumb when I post this from the OP:

Then this:

“What we learned today is that Democrats were not looking to advance an issue but to sabotage the appropriations process,” he told reporters. “The mere fact that they voted to pass the [Maloney] amendment and then voted against the bill containing their amendment proves this point.”

Good point. Why even put this rider on the bill in the first place if you weren't going to vote for the bill? Looks more suspiciously like a rider purposely designed to kill the bill then blame the other side for not voting for it. Which is exactly what is going on here.

SOMEONE didn't read the original post before opening their mouth! How does your foot taste?
edit on 27-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Your forgot the mic drop.

Anyway, it's just another example of Government failure.
Riders are stupid.
Democrats are stupid.
Republicans are stupid.

It's all just stupid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join