It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Spending Your Tax $$ On Researching A Bee Sting To the Penis! NICE!! (sarc.)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: neo96

Seriously? That's what you focus on? Yes, Soros too. Hillary Clinton. Obama if that makes you happy. You think I'm being partisan about this or something?

I don't care about either.

As the cycle goes.

Someone trying to buy a politician.

The politicians turns around and tries to buy the people.

Most people sell themselves/their votes to the lowest bidder.

emember this: Capitalism as it stands in the US and many other countries on the planet is slavery, with chains made of debt and worry instead of iron and steel.

And no capitalism isn't slavery.

It's the ONLY economic model in the world were a person can become their own master.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
a reply to: paxnatus

Exactly how does one get a bee sting in the penis?

I had a bee go up the leg of my shorts while riding a motorcycle. So that's one way. I didn't get stung since I stopped and got it out of there real fast. Also had one hit me in the throat and bounce under my chin and into my helmet once too. I didn't know he got in there until he walked across the inside of my face shield right in front of my eyes.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

RIght. We've already established that you care about corporations, big banks and the ultra rich ... I care about normal people.

Gee thanks.

If I had a nickle every time I heard that on here over the years,

I would be an evil one per-center that's the scourge of the world hiding my 'ill' gotten gains in the caymans.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Bull and crap.

Then why am i paying TRIPLE taxation ?

Pay the income tax.

PAy the medicare capital gains surtax.

PAy the medicare tax AGAIN.

The since I 'make too much ' money I have to pay another TAX called the 'alternative minimum tax.

Ya know that thing for people that have to pay MORE taxes because they made smarter decisions with their money, and even though they fell into a specific tax bracket.

I have to pay MORE.

Congratulations. You've figured out how percentages work.

I suggest you READ the Gun Control Act of 1968, The NFA Act of 1934, The Brady Handgun 'Prevention Act' of 1993' and the 'Assault' Weapons ban of 1994.

All created by the 'small' government loving, staying out of peoples lives

I have read them and I cannot find any parts in the bill that say you can only buy and own x number of guns.

I especially like the Brady 'LAW' that created the first time Americans ever had to ask the STATE for permission to exercise their RIGHT.

Welcome to bureaucracy.

That's right!

BUY a corporate product or ELSE. Get taxed!

VIVA la liberte. VIVA staying out of the peoples lives.

I never said I agreed with the bill. Just stating how the facts work.

And last time I Checked intelligence was determined by how many of someone else's money was suppose to make them 'smart'.

When the reality the education system in this country is a JOKE.

Yeah no thanks to the right and trying to push idiotic things like intelligent design being a scientific theory or that climate change is a farce, or even the right's general disdain for science and higher education in general. Yea, that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with dropping educational standards. It's 100% the left's fault. /sarc

Yeah LOL.

Lol indeed.

Because the LEFT WING is the most intrusive group of people in this country, but they sure do love to point the finer at the right.

Pot calling the kettle black. No one even brought up the left/right partisan divide until you entered the thread, homie.

Hell between ss,medicare,medicare,food stamps,education,healthcare,gun control,climate change.

Seem the party that was created by a slave owner still wants to be 'masters' of the universe.

And the party of "small" government wants to rule the world with its military. Looks like hypocrites abound on all sides of the discussion. Of course you realize this, you are just pushing your standard partisan trolling that you have to bring up in every thread you enter.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Taxpayers paid for one scientist to have a bee sting his penis and paid other researchers to figure out that cheerleaders look more attractive in a group than individually,

I wonder if the two group studies experienced the same amount of swelling to the penis?

Bada bing.

Looks like another study might be needed.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Congratulations for Ignoring reality.

turbotax.intuit.com...

I have read them and I cannot find any parts in the bill that say you can only buy and own x number of guns.

Didn't look very hard.

smartgunlaws.org...

Yeah no thanks to the right and trying to push idiotic things like intelligent design being a scientific theory or that climate change is a farce, or even the right's general disdain for science and higher education in general. Yea, that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with dropping educational standards. It's 100% the left's fault. /sarc

That's a far cry from the lefts the 'planet is out to git us'.

The rich are out to git us.

Gunz are out to git us.

Corporations are out to git us.

Mosanto is out to git us.

Gold man Sachs is out to git us.,

Pot calling the kettle black. No one even brought up the left/right partisan divide until you entered the thread, homie

Actually the 'partisan divide was brought up way back here.www.abovetopsecret.com...

'Homie'.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Congratulations for Ignoring reality.

turbotax.intuit.com...

So you are explaining to me that you don't know what you are talking about with that link I see. Or are agreeing with me.

The Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) was designed to keep wealthy taxpayers from using loopholes to avoid paying taxes. But because it was not automatically updated for inflation, more middle-class taxpayers were getting hit with the AMT each year. Congress traditionally passed an annual "patch" to address this until, in January 2013, as part of the "fiscal cliff" deal, they passed a permanent patch to the AMT.

You really should read the links you post before posting them.

Didn't look very hard.

smartgunlaws.org...

Moving the goal posts I see. That isn't a law to establish a maximum number of firearms you can own. That is a law that limits how many you can buy at one time. BIG difference.

That's a far cry from the lefts the 'planet is out to git us'.

The rich are out to git us.

Gunz are out to git us.

Corporations are out to git us.

Mosanto is out to git us.

Gold man Sachs is out to git us.,

Says the guy who's entire life philosophy is "the left is out to git us". Like I said, pot calling the kettle black.

Actually the 'partisan divide was brought up way back here.www.abovetopsecret.com...

'Homie'.

Lol right above that post is one of your partisan tinted troll posts. Heck, you have partisan troll posts on page 1 too, and that link is from page 2. Nice try homie.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Lol right above that post is one of your partisan tinted troll posts. Heck, you have partisan troll posts on page 1 too, and that link is from page 2. Nice try homie.

Hey wadda ya know. You were right.

There was one above mine that tinted of partisan trolling.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean you are complaining about $50,000 spent on a study while the government is dumping BILLIONS into wars, death, destruction, and other stuff that we find questionable. Get your priorities straight...

Dunno why all that when most people agree spending tax payer money on getting stung by bees was pretty ASININE.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I see you abandoned the rest of your argument to focus on the petty back and forth tit-for-tat and most useless part of the discussion... Classic neo distraction technique.

Dunno why all that when most people agree spending tax payer money on getting stung by bees was pretty ASININE.

Who cares what they think? Not a single person in this thread read the hypothesis, report, study, conclusion or any other part of the study to learn what was leaned, how it could be applied or the reasoning for the study. Everyone just latched onto the sensationalized title and the buzzphrase "waste of money" and just adopted the outrage position. Typical ATS kneejerk reaction. I certainly take the majority opinion on ATS with a HUGE grain of salt, especially when it comes to science topics.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They didn't even need to use taxpayer money for the "Bee to the D" study. That could have been a cheap pay-per-view and they would have raised far more money voluntarily. Heck, a buddy of mine once made $40 from just a few of us just to chug a 16 oz bottle of sour lemon (drink mixer) concentrate.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That has taken over 120 million+ people out of the private market.

No it didn't because these people couldn't have afforded the private market in the first place. The majority of the programs you mentioned are mainly used by those who are minors, the disabled and the elderly these people have next to no income so how could they afford private insurance?

Corporations don't own the governments.

Please tell me that you don't vote because you are clueless about the American government.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Who cares what they think? Not a single person in this thread read the hypothesis, report, study, conclusion or any other part of the study to learn what was leaned, how it could be applied or the reasoning for the study. Everyone just latched onto the sensationalized title and the buzzphrase "waste of money" and just adopted the outrage position. Typical ATS kneejerk reaction. I certainly take the majority opinion on ATS with a HUGE grain of salt, especially when it comes to science topics.

Well horrah!

Keep on deifying 'science' as the beginning, and the end.

I take anything the psuedo 'scientists' on here say with a grain of salt.

Not a single one of them under stand the scientific method.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Not a single one of them under stand the scientific method.

I have now decided not to listen to your opinion on educational standards in this country ever again. The fact that you even cite not understanding the scientific method when no one even followed it in this thread to critique the study just shows you don't even understand it yourself. You are fueling your own ignorance and just want a reason to complain about the government. As usual.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No it didn't because these people couldn't have afforded the private market in the first place. The majority of the programs you mentioned are mainly used by those who are minors, the disabled and the elderly these people have next to no income so how could they afford private insurance?

Yeah it DID.

I guess ya missed the ACA that forced people to buy private insurance whether or not they could 'afford' it or not.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Throwing away tax payer money this way is par for the course for the government but what surprises me is that they couldn`t have found someone to do this experiment for a lot cheaper. I think they probably could have found a homeless person who would agree to do this experiment for $100.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This reminds me of when I was a toddler with my mom at the pool. two wasps got into my swimming trunks and started stinging me all over. Mom pulled my trunks off real fast. It didnt feel good at all

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I have now decided not to listen to your opinion on educational standards in this country ever again.

Your loss, and you should.

The scientific method is a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge.[2] To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry is commonly based on empirical or measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.[3] The Oxford English Dictionary defines the scientific method as "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Science has NEVER dealt absolutes. Pay attention to that last part.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
if the sting causes a certain reaction, its a billion dollar idea, lol

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The Gonads would be worse, me thinks.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
And some people want bigger government.....SMH.

right....because this represents all or most government spending....shakes head

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join