It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Spending Your Tax $$ On Researching A Bee Sting To the Penis! NICE!! (sarc.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you're okay with some ludicrous government waste ... just not others.

Gotcha!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

GMO food = not bad, but Monsanto = bad.

The ACA is somewhat of a failure, but that's not because "healthcare=bad", it's because "Corporations owning the government=bad."

Churches are also a massive problem.

Healthcare is 'bad' because the US government is the largest single private insurer in the contry between medicare,medicaid, and TRICARE.

That has taken over 120 million+ people out of the private market.

Corporations don't own the governments.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think that's the very definition of selective lol.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Seems a better alternative to the trillions lost in clean up and burial for tens of thousands that starve to death.

Last time I checked there ain't anyone starving in this country.

www.truthrevolt.org...

Sounds a lot like gluttony.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not surprised that you would take an opportunity to bash scientific advancement and social programs as a waste of government money

Hot damn!

I am gonna get money from the State paid for by hard working Americans and sting my snip.

Only thing I have to do is call it 'science'!

I swear the 21st century is just so awesome I say.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Seems to be a similar function to "smaller government" ... smaller government until a right winger wants the government in our bedrooms or in our pants or giving special rights to religious groups, or trillions to the military industrial complex etc. etc.

Then, its "America! Patriotism! The Flag!"

/cue National Anthem

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If you go through the right channels and do the right procedure sure, but the way you are making it sound, you won't get anything.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So you're okay with some ludicrous government waste ... just not others.

Gotcha!

Actually no that's why I fight social engineering that guarantees them evil corporations money.

It's also why it fight them social engineers that have moved on to geo engineering now.

That is nothing, but fraud,waste, and abuse.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Seems to be a similar function to "smaller government" ... smaller government until a right winger wants the government in our bedrooms or in our pants or giving special rights to religious groups, or trillions to the military industrial complex etc. etc.

/cue National Anthem

You mean until it comes to the evil rich persons wallet or bank account, the gun owners closet, healthcare, and trying to control the entire planet, and the WELFARE industrial Complex.

Yeah 'liberals' sure want 'smaller government' now don't they?
edit on 23-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why aren't the poor starving though?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Seems a better alternative to the trillions lost in clean up and burial for tens of thousands that starve to death.

www.truthrevolt.org...

Guess again:

I in 7 Americans faces Hunger Every Day

Millions of Other Examples

link   

www.truthrevolt.org...

Yes because EVERYONE is overweight in this country...

11 Facts About Hunger in the US

1 in 6 people in America face hunger.

The USDA defines "food insecurity" as the lack of access, at times, to enough food for all household members. In 2011, households with children reported a significantly higher food insecurity rate than households without children: 20.6% vs. 12.2%.

Food insecurity exists in every county in America. In 2013, 17.5 million households were food insecure. More and more people are relying on food banks and pantries. Collect food outside your local supermarket for a local food bank. Sign up for Supermarket Stakeout GL.

49 million Americans struggle to put food on the table.

In the US, hunger isn’t caused by a lack of food, but rather the continued prevalence of poverty.

More than 1 in 5 children is at risk of hunger. Among African-Americans and Latinos, it’s 1 in 3.

Over 20 million children receive free or reduced-price lunch each school day. Less than half of them get breakfast, and only 10% have access to summer meal sites.

For every 100 school lunch programs, there are only 87 breakfast sites and just 36 summer food programs.

1 in 7 people are enrolled in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Nearly half of them are children.
40% of food is thrown out in the US every year, or about $165 billion worth. All of this uneaten food could feed 25 million Americans.

These 8 states have statistically higher food insecurity rates than the US national average (14.6%): Arkansas (21.2%), Mississippi (21.1%), Texas (18.0%), Tennessee (17.4%), North Carolina (17.3%), Missouri (16.9%), Georgia (16.6%), Ohio (16.0%).

link   

Same way they're anti-authoritarian too...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Why aren't the poor starving though?

They are over in Africa.

America?

Not so much.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

/cue National Anthem

You mean until it comes to the evil rich persons wallet or bank account, the gun owners closet, healthcare, and trying to control the entire planet.

Yeah 'liberals' sure want 'smaller government' now don't they?

How surprising! A litany of right-wing talking points.

No, liberals don't lie and cry about "smaller government" ... in general they want government to do its job (national defense, general welfare, infrastructure, etc.) and then stay the hell out of their lives.

Conservatives are the ones who continually whine smaller government right up until they're passing more laws to take more personal freedoms away.

/shrug

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

www.truthrevolt.org...

Guess again:

That is an asbolute farce.

Johnson declared a WAr on poverty over 50 years ago.

And WE have spent over 22 trillion dollars on the longest war in American history.

So there can't be anyone 'starving'.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

www.truthrevolt.org...

Guess again:

That is an asbolute farce.

Johnson declared a WAr on poverty over 50 years ago.

And WE have spent over 22 trillion dollars on the longest war in American history.

So there can't be anyone 'starving'.

How bad you reckon the economy would be if we hadn't put that directly back into the hands of grocery stores, landlords and utility companies?

What if the poor were able to offshore their funds like the ludicrously folks you're always schlepping for Neo?

The rich take money OUT of the economy ... at least Welfare is putting some back in.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No, liberals don't lie and cry about "smaller government" ... in general they want government to do its job (national defense, general welfare, infrastructure, etc.) and then stay the hell out of their lives

So why is it then they are telling me how much money I can have.

How many guns I can own, How many rounds it can fire, and I can't even own one to begin with.

Why is it that they should take over my healthcare?

MY education?

Telling people that have to be more 'environmentally' friendly' ?

What a load of horse crap.

Liberals 'don't' want to control peoples lives ?

That was HILARIOUS.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Healthcare is 'bad' because the US government is the largest single private insurer in the contry between medicare,medicaid, and TRICARE.

That has taken over 120 million+ people out of the private market.

The private market for healthcare should be limited to cosmetic and non-essential surgery. For-profit healthcare is one of the most disgusting things about America, along with for-profit prisons, and for-profit War.

Since your government is owned by corporations and is failtastic at pretty much literally everything they do (though which government isn't?), it goes bad.

Corporations don't own the governments.

Oh god, you can't be serious. Please tell me you're joking. Corporations (along with multi million/billionaires) absolutely own the American government. Both sides, GOP and Dem. Oh, I forgot to say Banks, those too.
edit on 23/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Conservatives are the ones who continually whine smaller government right up until they're passing more laws to take more personal freedoms away.

/shrug

Or they'll try to spin it like their idea is making government smaller while the opposite is true (looking at you laws that circumvent the gay marriage ruling).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join