It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The argument for Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've been sitting back on my heels for a while. I have made point of correcting people when they use media-driven falsehoods about what Trump has said. I've also been quick to laugh at those who said "nominate Trump and Hillary wins".

I do not fall into the demographic that you like to tout as Trump supporter. I have a college education. I am not a blue-collar worker. I do have my finger on the pulse of American politics. For months now we have listened to the absurd idea that if Trump were to be nominated that he we be destroyed in the general election by Clinton. I've laughed at the idea.

I was one of a small number laughing at this idea. The Democratic Party was laughing too... but those who were laughing are starting to scowl as they realize the chickens have come home to roost. In 2016, it seems, the dirty tricks and the dodged crimes are going to haunt the presumptive nominee.

I do not, and have not, agreed with every position Trump has offered. Even so, no matter what I disagree with, I can't wait for him to smash open the whole disgusting system. I can't wait to watch it burn. The only question now is do we rise like a phoenix from the ashes or do we burn out like a coal?

Make America great again. Doesn't sound bad to me. Stop funding wars, stop out-sourcing jobs, stop being the world police.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Even so, no matter what I disagree with, I can't wait for him to smash open the whole disgusting system. I can't wait to watch it burn.

That's how I'd like to feel.

But when a politician (and Trump is a politician, make no mistake) resonates with someone, they begin to have lofty expectations of that person's ideals and capabilities. Unrealistically lofty expectations.

Trump isn't going to be able to accomplish dick without turning into a dictator (not that I think that's going to happen). So, he's simply going to get into office and do what every president does:

Play ball. Go along to get along.

I'd love to think he'd bust everything wide open. I want to. I really do.

But I can't. Because I've seen this movie a hundred times already and I know how it ends.

edit on 5/21/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

But I can't. Because I've seen this movie a hundred times already and I know how it ends.

Although this one may be that type of movie that has multiple , viewer decided, endings.
And if you have witnessed this 100s of times , you must be older than I am...as far as I know I have only saw the game 13 at best.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Even so, no matter what I disagree with, I can't wait for him to smash open the whole disgusting system. I can't wait to watch it burn.

That's how I'd like to feel.

But when a politician (and Trump is a politician, make no mistake) resonates with someone, they begin to have lofty expectations of that person's ideals and capabilities. Unrealistically lofty expectations.

Trump isn't going to be able to accomplish dick without turning into a dictator (not that I think that's going to happen). So, he's simply going to get into office and do what every president does:

Play ball. Go along to get along.

I'd love to think he'd bust everything wide open. I want to. I really do.

I agree, I have played this game too many times and I am tired of losing to the point where it just seems another game is just another inevitable loss. But there is one "but" here....can you give me five reasons why Trump is a politician?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I am neither Trump's biggest fan or critic. I can see some merit in a Trump Presidency. I do feel that via force of personality Trump could resolve existing policy debates/issues around health care , infrastructure and immigration. I do have my share of concerns as well surrounding Trump's trade policy and aspects of his foreign policy.

+9 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I don't know if I will ever like Trump, but he is the only one that has a chance to be better than what we have had the last 16+ years. Hilary is just more of the same BS with an extra helping of criminal intent.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on May 22nd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Trump will turn hillary inside out, in the general.

He is what the USA needs at this point in time, imo.

The thing I believe Trump will do, is be transparent for real.

And I want to see him implement something that can #can some of people in govt that need it.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't know if I will ever like Trump, but he is the only one that has a chance to be better than what we have had the last 16+ years. Hilary is just more of the same BS with an extra helping of criminal intent.

That's true, Trump is change (for better or worse) Hillary is status quo (no change) You pick.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I've been sitting back on my heels for a while. I have made point of correcting people when they use media-driven falsehoods about what Trump has said. I've also been quick to laugh at those who said "nominate Trump and Hillary wins".

I do not fall into the demographic that you like to tout as Trump supporter. I have a college education. I am not a blue-collar worker. I do have my finger on the pulse of American politics. For months now we have listened to the absurd idea that if Trump were to be nominated that he we be destroyed in the general election by Clinton. I've laughed at the idea.

I was one of a small number laughing at this idea. The Democratic Party was laughing too... but those who were laughing are starting to scowl as they realize the chickens have come home to roost. In 2016, it seems, the dirty tricks and the dodged crimes are going to haunt the presumptive nominee.

I do not, and have not, agreed with every position Trump has offered. Even so, no matter what I disagree with, I can't wait for him to smash open the whole disgusting system. I can't wait to watch it burn. The only question now is do we rise like a phoenix from the ashes or do we burn out like a coal?

Make America great again. Doesn't sound bad to me. Stop funding wars, stop out-sourcing jobs, stop being the world police.

Yea 5 years ago trump was a moderate democrat, so I'm guessing his conservative act is total BS. It's just playing to win and eliminating the competition.

I think trump keeps his plan for a wall, then goes hard core left of Hillary for everything else.

I think trump trades it all, for his wall. Exactly like a Roman emperor of old, the wall will be trumps monument to out last the ages..and I think he gives the left EVERYTHING to get it.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Trump will turn hillary inside out, in the general.

He is what the USA needs at this point in time, imo.

The thing I believe Trump will do, is be transparent for real.

And I want to see him implement something that can #can some of people in govt that need it.

But what is that??

Is it the moderate dem he has been his entire life previous to 5 years ago?

Is he the conservative cartoon of this election cycle?

One thing is undeniable...Hillarry may be status quo, but no one has any clue who the real trump is....

He may be a savior, or a disaster, no one it trump knows for sure....

I just can't believe no one is worried about this lies and flip flops...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think Hillary would be the absolute worst president that we have ever known should she be elected.
Based solely on her lies and coverups alone.

Trump.... I don't love the idea of him as president ( honestly it kind of scares me ), but I am not totally against it. I agree with some of what he says which was more than any of the others.

Sanders ehhhh I would take him over Hillary but I still doubt I would vote for him over trump.

I would vote deez nutz over cruz anyday, but I would not vote cruz over Hillary, and I will never ever ever vote for Hillary.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I think this Presidential campaign is morphing into something else.
It's becoming clear to me that the people want change from the situation from 9/11 until now.
How many times are people saying they don't like Trump, or what he stands for. But, they support him.
Something is wrong here.
It's more a statement of the people want change.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
He's not crooked lying heartless woman hater Hillary....

And he's not Marxist, no job till 40, grab my mic, everything is free until it's not, Unicorn Magic...Bernie Guevara

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
To Paraphrase Douglas Adams.

In the new book..."The Hitchhikers Guide to Donald Trump".

The opening line would be.....

"Donald Trump is Rich....Really RICH!!!!."

I think that about sums up his whole campaign, doesn't it?
edit on 21-5-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

That's true, Trump is change (for better or worse) Hillary is status quo (no change) You pick.

Do you really believe change is always for the better? Were Russians better off under the Bolshevicks?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
I think Hillary would be the absolute worst president that we have ever known should she be elected.
Based solely on her lies and coverups alone.

Clinton does strike me as being more Nixionian than the man who the term was coined after.

Trump.... I don't love the idea of him as president ( honestly it kind of scares me ), but I am not totally against it. I agree with some of what he says which was more than any of the others.

Trump has to wing over Swing Voters in Northern states like Ohio to have any chance of avoiding the kind of wipe out Goldwater faced in 1964.

Sanders ehhhh I would take him over Hillary but I still doubt I would vote for him over trump.

Certainly this presidential election cycle is being dominated by outsiders. Trump represents GOP Primary voters leap into the wave of hope and change. Even if Trump doesn't replicate the language Obama used 8 years ago it's his supporters turn to look away from the so called GOP establishment.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Clinton does strike me as being more Nixionian than the man who the term was coined after.

I, personally, appreciate the irony. The Clintons worked tirelessly to remove Nixon from office. Now, with 20/20 hindsight, Nixon does not look so bad. Granted, he could have ended the war in Viet Nam sooner, my personal grudge, but he did create the EPA, open ties with China, take steps towards nuclear disarmament with the Soviet Union.... It was his paranoid style that was his downfall. What this country needs right now is an effective President... like Nixon.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In all the raging comparisons of Trump I have yet to see the one that really fits...

He Switch hits politically to his advantage there was one other politician I read up on that does that, Big clue it is not Reagan or a US one in fact, and no it is Hier Futher ether.

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill

He learned to play the game, and played it well. When one party fell out of favor he became the head of the Opposition party..

Just a throw out there for those bringing up Trump's Back and forth on his party and stances.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join