It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salon's Pedophile Agenda MUST BE STOPPED

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Current science when it comes to social sciences changes on a whim to suit the agenda these days. There are plenty of things that the current science didn't used to support than many now say it does.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Winstonian

I'm okay with heterosexuality but pedophilia is not something that needs to be normalized. I knew this would happen, though. Once we allowed heterosexuals to run amok, pedophiles will want recognition next.

On a serious note, the danger of this is in not emphasizing the need for psychotherapy if a person has these feelings. If a man has these feelings and he seeks help and realizes his "attractions" are not safe or healthy, I don't think I could "hate" them. Pedophilia is not a valid way to but these people were often victimized themselves. These people need professional help.

Bringing it up in media could actually be a good thing as long as the focus remained on a solution as opposed to acceptance.

This is not like the other sexual orientations where the participants are not victims, by default. Pedophilia is impossible to practice without victimization of other people. It needs to be treated, not fed.

There is no 'cure'. You're saying the same thing as those people who think they can cure someone from being gay.

Impossible.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

As soon as I start seeing regressives start standing against filth like this, I will stop attacking the left. Salon is one of your biggest voices, and they publish this type of trash all the time. Go let them know that they give you a bad name, because they do.

That being said there are different factions on the left, and it is mostly the SJW progressive type that buys into this trash.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm okay with heterosexuality but pedophilia is not something that needs to be normalized. I knew this would happen, though. Once we allowed heterosexuals to run amok, pedophiles will want recognition next.

On a serious note, the danger of this is in not emphasizing the need for psychotherapy if a person has these feelings. If a man has these feelings and he seeks help and realizes his "attractions" are not safe or healthy, I don't think I could "hate" them. Pedophilia is not a valid way to but these people were often victimized themselves. These people need professional help.

Bringing it up in media could actually be a good thing as long as the focus remained on a solution as opposed to acceptance.

This is not like the other sexual orientations where the participants are not victims, by default. Pedophilia is impossible to practice without victimization of other people. It needs to be treated, not fed.

There is no 'cure'. You're saying the same thing as those people who think they can cure someone from being gay.

Impossible.

I didn't say "cure". I said "treated". And I have a difficult time accepting that it is an actual sexual orientation as opposed to a coping mechanism to deal with past trauma.

I really have a difficult time maintaining my usual level of compassion when talking about these people but I still would like to see them find solace without victims.

I don't even like hanging out with a man I don't like if I know he's attracted to me. And I'm an adult! If I thought somebody near my daughter was sexually attracted to her... I'd lose my effing mind.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
More garbage lol, last time i checked it was the catholic church that protected pedophiles, same old crap different day, the right is imploding, and all you guys have is smear campaigns and made up stories.

Good job ats, getting people dumber by the day.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Current science when it comes to social sciences changes on a whim to suit the agenda these days. There are plenty of things that the current science didn't used to support than many now say it does.
Ok maybe. But isn't consenting to sexual relations with an adult a choice more than determining ones own gender identity? This is important becaues the argument is that those below 18 cannot make a rational choice pertaining to consenting to sexual relations--thus the need to restrict them. Gender identity isn't a choice so it makes sense a 3 year old could do that "rationally" or fullfill diagnostic criteria.
edit on 5/20/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The age of consent, for very large portions of the world, is under 18.

Canada, for example, has an age of consent of 16...and that was 14 until 2006.

It has gone up and down throughout history, with highs around 21 and lows as far down as 7.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I wonder how long it'll be until the first person trying to protect their kids is charged with a hate crime...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't know how y'all feel about them, but I remember Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin predicted this would happen during the gay marriage debate a couple of years ago.
As to the article, absolutely disgusting. I don't know what else I can say.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Legal age of consent can be lowered no matter what you or I or anyone in this thread thinks a valid age of consent would be. It is already a valid age of consent in California for girls well under 18 to obtain abortions without their parents' knowledge.

If girls younger than 18 can obtain an invasive medical procedure without parental consent, then how long would it be before they are likewise considered adult enough to consent to the action that leads to that invasive procedure?

link   
a reply to: Abysha

"Treatment"?

"Stay away from children, their entire vicinity, don't even look at one, and if you look at mine you'll get knocked out. Period"

That's the treatment.

edit on 936pm3104America/Chicago15CDT04America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I wonder how long it'll be until the first person trying to protect their kids is charged with a hate crime...

A very long time, for Western nations any way. The current trend, in the West, is increasing age of consent. I don't know what the current trends are elsewhere.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

"Treatment"?

"Stay away from children, their entire vicinity, don't even look at one, or get knocked out. Period"

That's the treatment.

That should certainly be part of it. No argument there.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I called it like a month ago, I told the liberals right here on this board that this would be next.

And they acted like I was crazy, lol!!!!

I told you, how does that crow taste?

link   

First of all, you should look up the origins of the term regression left because it has nothing to do with this but I assume conservatives just like to use that term as childish name calling, just like calling anyone who isn't a right winger a SJW. Starting off with broad baseless attacks like this really undermines your thread. Well, of course, your fellow conservatives will star and flag you all day.

That said, because I'm not a conservative does not mean I'm a liberal but it's not surprising you would label me as such because I don't at all agree with right wingers.

You'll stop attacking lefties when they start standing against filth like this? I hate to break it to you but people hating pedo's is not a political thing because everyone hates them and Salon does not at all represent Liberals. If there's one online news outlet that actually represents them I suppose that would be the Huff post or the TYT.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: KingKelson
I don't know how y'all feel about them, but I remember Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin predicted this would happen during the gay marriage debate a couple of years ago.
As to the article, absolutely disgusting. I don't know what else I can say.

Yet most victims are girls and most perpetrators are men. How is this in any way connected to homosexuality? If gay marriage was the norm and we had just legalized hetero marriage, would you be blaming it on that?

This is why I joked about blaming it on heterosexuality in my first post on this thread.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You have every right to be a Pedophile, I have every right to stay away from you and keep an eye on you, and warn you if you get close to children.

"Normalizing" or discussing the Pros and Cons, philosophizing the issue until it becomes part of 'mainstream', is unacceptable.

I don't care if you have a story or reasoning or validations.

You do not have a right to be a pedophile, it is in fact 100% illegal in the US!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It is about the push to normalize alternate sexualities as normal and natural. Remember the "it's found in nature" argument? As far as that goes, pedophilia can be found in nature. Sea otters are natural pedos.

When I first heard about the behavior from a marine biologist friend of mine, I didn’t quite believe sea otters could be so diabolical. Maybe the bad behavior was just a rumor. But no, the strange sea otter attacks on baby seals are a reality and have even made their way into the technical literature. In 2010, California Department of Fish and Game biologist Heather Harris and colleagues reported 19 individual cases of male sea otters trying to mate with, and often fatally injuring, harbor seal pups in the Monterey Bay, Calif. area between 2000 and 2002 alone.

Delivered in the scientific deadpan required of such papers, the Aquatic Mammals report attributes the incidents to three male sea otters “observed harassing, dragging, guarding, and copulating with harbor seals,” persisting for up to seven days after the otters killed the objects of their misguided advances. The ordeal must have been horrific for the seals. The victims that were necropsied by veterinarians had lesions around the nose, eyes, flippers, and genitals, including perforations in the vaginal and rectal tracts. A painful and confusing end for the poor pups.

Yeah, the randy little beasts are even a but necrophilic. So there's even evidence that this behavior exists in nature.

So the pedophiles can also go there.

So we normalize one alternate sexaulity. Why not bring in the rest and make them normal too? We forced one into the mainstream. As far as gay marriage goes, it's opened to door for polygamous and polyandrous marriages because it's about two people who love each other and not a man and a woman joining their lives to rear children. And if it's only about people who who love, then why stop at just two? Isn't that discriminating against all those group marriages?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

You have every right to be a Pedophile, I have every right to stay away from you and keep an eye on you, and warn you if you get close to children.

"Normalizing" or discussing the Pros and Cons, philosophizing the issue until it becomes part of 'mainstream', is unacceptable.

I don't care if you have a story or reasoning or validations.

You do not have a right to be a pedophile, it is in fact 100% illegal in the US!

Technically, no.

Pedophilia is a personal attraction.

"Child Molestation" is the crime.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yet, it is the "Left" side of the political spectrum that entertains these notions.

I don't see ANY related material ever on Libertarian websites, Independent ones, Conservative, even GREEN.

Huffington Post and Salon. The 2 political HUBS of Liberal online discussion.

This is the Left's. They own it. It spawns from THEIR camp.

edit on 951pm3104America/Chicago15CDT04America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join