It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a new sci fi novel to read, any suggestions.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Sweet. I've not checked Morgans Webpage for a while, so didn't know about the Netflix series.

I hope they do it justice. I'll be eagerly awaiting this and Ghost in the Shell with Scarlett Johansen.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I said it nearly thirty years ago when I read these - however long ago it was - that The Game would be awesome to witness but back then it wasn't possible. I'd bet that Piers is such a dick that he won't let any of his books ever become movies because, seriously, why haven't his books been turned into movies? The only one was Total Recall and that was based upon the script of the movie(with a better ending, I might add) and not a Piers version of the original story from PKD.

Many books has he written, and a load of them really great and should have been turned into movies by now which makes me think he is taking the Bill Patterson model(Calvin and Hobbes creator) about not letting his books get brutalized by Hollywood.

Total Recall was based on a Phillip K. Dick novel.....

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: bananashooter

I found carpe noctem (sieze the night) by Dean Koontz to be a very interesting read.

Cheers - Dave

That's one of two Christopher Snow novels by Koontz, correct? The premise of the stories are truly the scariest I've ever come across rather in the vein of the film "Event Horizon" really spooky.

In fact I wrote Koontz's 'people' to ask about further sequels and was told there would be more Christopher Snow stories - but it's all about Odd these days.

The best Koonz other then "Watchers".

But it's good sci-fi mixed with a touch of horror. Sideways......

Cheers - Dave

And it's true sci-fi in that it just changes one things about the world - rather then fantasy sci-fi which changes many things. They are truly creepy - Seize the Night and Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Solaris by Stanislaw Lem
"When psychologist Kris Kelvin arrives at the planet Solaris to study the ocean that covers its surface, he finds himself confronting a painful memory embodied in the physical likeness of a past lover. Kelvin learns that he is not alone in this and that other crews examining the planet are plagued with their own repressed and newly real memories. Could it be, as Solaris scientists speculate, that the ocean may be a massive neural center creating these memories, for a reason no one can identify?"

The Breach by Patrick Lee
About Travis Chase's encounter with a government agency protecting a "science/technology" perhaps unworldly secret.

Flashforward by Robert J. Sawyer
Every person on the planet simultaneously passes out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds. Everyone gets a glimpse of what they will be doing during a span of 2 minutes and 17 seconds...exactly 21 years into the future.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is a little late to the post, but give Intervention by Julian May a try sometime. A little bit revisionist history, if you like psychic powers, it's a good one. And leads into a trilogy of Jack the Bodiless, Diamond Mask, and Magnificat - the Galactic Milieu trilogy. Which also leads to (but was preceded by) the Saga of Pliocene Exile.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Good book. Recommend.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Anything by Peter F. Hamilton.

In particular The Reality Dysfunction.

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It may be more out there than what the OP was looking for, but I thoroughly enjoyed Simon Green's Deathstalker series. (and his other ones).

posted on Oct, 8 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This one is a novel in progress. The author has provided the first 1/3 of the paperback as a $0.99 kindle ebook. It grabs you from the first page and takes you for a ride and discusses technologies many of which are being developed and others are being researched. I suggest checking out the book using the preview send a free sample link on this page.

Title is Quantum Fire Control.
www.amazon.com...=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"A Voyage to Arcturus" by David Lindsay.

You can find PDF's if you look - maybe the Gutenberg Project for starters.

posted on Aug, 29 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

Yes, I know, I know - it's Warhammer 40K, but it really can be read alone, and he's a very gifted storyteller

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join