It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect Theory

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As we know more and more things change every day. At first it started with the smallest things, then it moved to bigger and bigger and even bigger. But the more bigger the changes get there is something happening.

The bigger the changes the more unnoticeable they become.

At first it was simple names, 1 letter different or missing. People kept noticing those differences all over the place. People officially dead, were resarected and kept on living for some bizzare reason.

The truth is human lives .... they are really small and unimportant compared to the grand scheme of time, so we tend to notice those things.

Then the bigger changes started. Islands possible moving, rib cages etc.

But. . . The changes are nor really changes unless everything change.. and this means memmories. The bigger the changes, the bigger part of out memmories will be replaced, as if we have lived with those changes our entire lives.

This, This is my theory.

This is why people deny bigger changes. Because those changes never happened in our reallity. Our memories have changed the same way our reality did and they became our reality.

So what if something really huge happens?

The truth is just maybe 10 people in the whole world will even notice it, because if something so huge happens like continents dissapearing or another moon appears, everyone will say this is the reallity because it has always been like that since ancient times.

edit on 18-5-2016 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

those 10 people might just be on psilocybin though - or have some other delusions they think are real but were only ever 'different' in their head. Faulty memories for example.. the human mind and memory recall are imperfect things. Could it be that the Mandela effect is actually from this and not the result of 'changes' being done to the coding in our reality

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I seem to remember this being called the "Mandala Effect" (just kidding)

Anyway, I am just happy Jim Nabors lives on!!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

This is my theory: faulty memory reinforced by confirmation bias. Nelson Mandela did not die in prison, Steve Biko, another South African activist, died in police custody. See the irony in calling it the "Mandela Effect?"

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The truth is just maybe 10 people in the whole world will even notice it, because if something so huge happens like continents dissapearing or another moon appears, everyone will say this is the reallity because it has always been like that since ancient times.

And sadly, those 10 people would be put in an insane asylum. So what about the people who have been put away because they are not in touch with reality? Hmmm...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The truth is just maybe 10 people in the whole world will even notice it, because if something so huge happens like continents disappearing or another moon appears, everyone will say this is the reallity because it has always been like that since ancient times.

Pretty hard to disappear a whole continent. Look how upset people get over one airliner gone missing.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think you're right, if these are 'changes' to reality and history then potentially big changes could be occurring that we are simply not aware of. Ironically then the only way of discerning what has been changing reality in itself would be those who remember things considerably differently, such as from people reporting Mandela Effects.

We all know memory is fallible, that we can misremember things or even just manufacture elements we would rather remember. With ME however there is a traumatic gap between a knowledge of reality and the current state of that which we had knowledge of. I once had knowledge of our anatomy (and other animals' anatomy), a template which in my experience was always the familiar template, in whatever representation I might see of that anatomy. Once our knowledge about the world breaks down we must question the knowledge we previously held and the picture of the world we once crouched in this knowledge. So apparently I never knew of the general anatomical template for animals and their skeletal structures. Apparently I must have blocked out that knowledge and projected my own version onto all representations. But this I find very unlikely, what I see in reality I tend to bring up with other people, to discuss details and to question what it is i'm seeing (or not seeing). For me the strangeness of current anatomy is so obvious, and would have been difficult for me to project onto the world the alternative version I can recall. How could I forget the tie-like sternum? Or the silky smooth rounded hips? Or that short chest and long abdomen? Or the spider-like ribs coming out like a chest-hugger? Or the ribs coming right up above our clavicles and into our neck? Or that literal tail we have as opposed to a formerly vestigial coccyx? How could I project away these obvious features which I would have no real reason to do so? My discovery of these features did not cause me to writhe in terror or anguish in finally realising something I must have deeply repressed, but rather they just stick out as strange to me, alien. Oddities in a template that have replaced other oddities.

It was always strange to look at our anatomy but the strangeness was mixed with a sense of terror, a visceral horror about what's under the skin. Nowadays the horror is more a confusion, like i'm looking at a different species of human or an alien. There's less visceral horror now and its not just because i've been de-sensitised. I just haven't grown up with identifying with this anatomy.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Orborus because: dot

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

This is my theory: faulty memory reinforced by confirmation bias. Nelson Mandela did not die in prison, Steve Biko, another South African activist, died in police custody. See the irony in calling it the "Mandela Effect?"

I keep seeing the Steve Biko explanation for the Mandela misrememory, but I don't completely buy it. I don't have a Mandela Effect memory for the death of Mandela, so I can't speak directly to it, but every account I've read of people who remember him dying in prison and his funeral being on TV say they remember it in the 1980s. Biko died in 1977. I'm not saying it's not a good theory on what people are really remembering, but I feel like it's not a foolproof argument. I've even read one commenter posting on how he had an entry in his diary from 1983 about Mandela dying in prison that week. That's a 6 year gap from Biko.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I believe the Mandela effect is hard at work.

Yesterday,I watched a moment of Caddy Shack and nearly screamed when a favorite scene, that I know by heart, changed - a lot. Up until then, I hadn't watched that movie in 10 years.

Something is afoot.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

care to elaborate? Love that movie... Chevy Chase... the golden days of comedy

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This is my theory: faulty memory reinforced by confirmation bias.

The Mandela Effect is real, and this very eloquent explanation works in 100% of the cases.

If not, I would be more than happy to see actual evidence for any changes that cannot be explained in this way.

Perfect, DJW001!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Even ATS has changed.
It used to be a website where you could discuss topics such as this with like minded people, without feeling silly or getting attacked by other members.
Now, this new ATS is like some sort of mundane political discussion forum, where members come to gossip about what Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump (excuse me) had for breakfast. And if you bring up any sort of paranormal discussion or conspiracy theory, these half-baked morons will go out of their way to ridicule your suspicions or theories.

I miss the old world, where ATS was interesting, exciting and inspiring.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dJbdJb
Even ATS has changed.
It used to be a website where you could discuss topics such as this with like minded people, without feeling silly or getting attacked by other members.
Now, this new ATS is like some sort of mundane political discussion forum, where members come to gossip about what Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump (excuse me) had for breakfast. And if you bring up any sort of paranormal discussion or conspiracy theory, these half-baked morons will go out of their way to ridicule your suspicions or theories.

It it an attack to offer a mundane explanation for observed phenomena based on evidence and reason? I don't think so.

The "Mandela Effect(s)" is an AMAZING if not TERRIFYING AND STUPEFYING example of the incredible power of internet communication to affect (and apparently effect) cultural reality.

Don't be discouraged merely because some of us have looked at the data and found a non-fantastic explanation.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

a reply to: ZeroFurrbone faulty memory reinforced by confirmation bias.

Why bring reason into a thread like this.
other universe you never would have!!!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKMDC1
I've read of people who remember him dying in prison and his funeral being on TV say they remember it in the 1980s.

I remember watching a movie in the 80s about Mandela. He was still in prison at the time, thats how the movie ended, and I wondered if somehow we (the US) could pressure africa to release him. Shortly after that, he was let go and became big again..president, etc.

I remember that clearly because I remember the helpless feeling of seeing a leader imprisoned for speaking out, but also the hope that he would be free one day to take up the fight.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Watch Dark City, and call me in the morning.

Long before the "Mandela Effect", there were those of us who hypothesized that time as we know it may not be stable, and in fact, is ever in flux. Always changing, always rearranging. The problem with the Mandela Effect is physical evidence. There wouldn't be any, and no way to ever prove the timeline has changed in any way. Only those few (a lot more than ten) who for some reason remember.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Most will have nothing to fear, their reality can be choppy and inconsistent and they'll still go about their day-to-day activities like nothing's a-miss. Too entrenched in the system to look beyond it or in its many holes. And now we might be able to say this in the literal sense (and not only the political), that we've been blind to the holes in our own material reality and history and now we are finally, formally aware of what to look out for.

Klassified: Dark City is a favourite of mine, it does feel a lot like that. Whether or not it is like that (or is anything non-prosaic) is yet to be known. We may never know, it may require a certain leap of faith.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Orborus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I used to live and work in Battersea, London. Not too far from Clapham Common, actually.
I distinctly remember Jerry Dammers' "Artists against Apartheid" march, and concert (I think this is about 1986) on the common.

The march went past my job, and all but shut down the area as 100,000 people or more marched through. We went out the back and watched the marchers go through. After work I went over there to listen to the music. Beautiful, warm, sunny, summer day. About a quarter million people were amassed onto a green area that probably had never seen more that 1000 at a time. The atmosphere was wonderful. Lots of smiling. Lots of great music.

A few years later, there were a couple of Wembley shows, and later still Mandela was released from prison (Now you all remember the song, "Free Nelson Mandela"..?? It was being played on the radio constantly back then. Why would they want to free a dead man?).
He later went on to be president of South Africa.

My memories are that the "Rock Against Racism" movement spawned the "Artists Against Apartheid" movement, which helped pressure the release of Mandela. At no point do I have any memory of him dying in prison.

I will pit my memory of this event against any of yours who believe he died in prison.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dJbdJb
Even ATS has changed.

Funny that the conversation was going along just fine, including both those who believe and do not believe the Mandela Effect, until this very post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join