It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There IS life after DEATH: Scientists reveal shock findings from groundbreaking study

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I find the topic fascinating.... Is it proof? No but I also didnt pick the title.

The very fact that theres even a sliver of evidence that some form of consciousness exists AFTER the brain has completely shut down impresses me.( an Agnostic). Even if its only a couple minutes. I look at it like this- and dont laugh.

My xbox 1 is acting up. So I have to pull the plug on it. However the xbox itself is still 'on' and shutting its little gizmos down even though the power cord has been removed.... So technically those functions were made so that the xbox would still be performing some needed feature for self preservation (ie proper shut down of the gadgets inside/cooling down etc). Our brain probably has the same conceptual wiring. Even though I was killed, my brain is still permorning shut down features seconds after death....

What ... I think.... this article claims...Is that essentially someone is able to get the menu screen back on AFTER the xbox has shut down and its gizmos have finished shutting down.

Crude I know....

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All these scientists who decline soul and everything is an illusion our brain creates the last moments, should also answer to the following. Since the part of the brain who actually stops first is the control of the light in the eyes and thats why people see dead relatives waiting for them into the tunel.

But hey, thats the question, since a person is dead, no matter what if they revive that person after 7-10-30 minutes and since everything is an illusion, how is it possible to see only dead relatives and family? Why you dont see a cartoon, a living person, etc. That alone proves high conciseness during the NDE is it? That alone debunks any "scientific article" about illusions and nothing is there. Is there any NDE that someone saw his alive members of his family in the tunnel? They see alive people but they cannot communicate with them.

We also know that if you get drugs, its hard for the brain to remember even a simple fantasy dream, even a painkiller pill make you forget your simple dream, how is it possible to remember a tunnel with dead relatives that speaks to you and the entire operation with a total anesthesia.

And why all these millions of people who do surgeries in a daily bases in all hospitals around the world and they are not pronounced as dead and revived, DONT REMEMBER a thing... just think about it.

Soul exits the body when she/he feels that is in a great danger, more like an awaken OBE, in and out till the body colapses and the soul stays out - your body dies.

And you know the true reason WHY ancients added a huge bronze coin into the deads mouth? To cross the river of hades? No..
The reason is the bronze itself. It helps the energy of the soul move out more quicly and easier. The soul moves out from our mouth.
edit on 8-12-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

The article fails to source any specific study, and the ones cited are garbage.
This is hogwash at best. Pull your heads out of your asses, folks.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
All these scientists who decline soul and everything is an illusion our brain creates the last moments, should also answer to the following. Since the part of the brain who actually stops first is the control of the light in the eyes and thats why people see dead relatives waiting for them into the tunel.

But hey, thats the question, since a person is dead, no matter what if they revive that person after 7-10-30 minutes and since everything is an illusion, how is it possible to see only dead relatives and family? Why you dont see a cartoon, a living person, etc. That alone proves high conciseness during the NDE is it? That alone debunks any "scientific article" about illusions and nothing is there. Is there any NDE that someone saw his alive members of his family in the tunnel? They see alive people but they cannot communicate with them.

We also know that if you get drugs, its hard for the brain to remember even a simple fantasy dream, even a painkiller pill make you forget your simple dream, how is it possible to remember a tunnel with dead relatives that speaks to you and the entire operation with a total anesthesia.

And why all these millions of people who do surgeries in a daily bases in all hospitals around the world and they are not pronounced as dead and revived, DONT REMEMBER a thing... just think about it.

Soul exits the body when she/he feels that is in a great danger, more like an awaken OBE, in and out till the body colapses and the soul stays out - your body dies.

And you know the true reason WHY ancients added a huge bronze coin into the deads mouth? To cross the river of hades? No..
The reason is the bronze itself. It helps the energy of the soul move out more quicly and easier. The soul moves out from our mouth.
I would love to read your peer reviewed papers that explain all of this with proof. I would also like to see the reproduced experiments that are no doubt hitting scientific journals any day now. Thanks.

You must have studied long and hard to reach the top of your field of study which is....what?
edit on 8-12-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"Death is the most fantastic experience of life! Why else would they leave it till last? I was in a coma for two weeks,nothing ,nothing, nothing ; Enjoy your conscious existence,even the painful learning trips ,they are all part of it.Everything is relative to SPACE,TIME and PERCEPTION . In this SPACE and at now:s TIME Our QUANTUM PERCEPTION decides OUR FUTURE therefore be kind to everybody, Yes everybody ! Try it ,Make this world worthy of Being "

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: spin
"Death is the most fantastic experience of life! Why else would they leave it till last? I was in a coma for two weeks,nothing ,nothing, nothing ; Enjoy your conscious existence,even the painful learning trips ,they are all part of it.Everything is relative to SPACE,TIME and PERCEPTION . In this SPACE and at now:s TIME Our QUANTUM PERCEPTION decides OUR FUTURE therefore be kind to everybody, Yes everybody ! Try it ,Make this world worthy of Being "

if your soul/spirit never left your body during ur coma, you wouldn't see anything and with all the drugs in the hospitals, no way to remember your dreams either. Or you may had one and dont remember it. Try hypnotherapy and go back durring your accident and coma state.

I ve searched in google and people in coma rarely have an NDE. NDE happens when your astral body/spirit departs your body because of great pain, or your body collapses (eg. car crash, severe accidents), if you are relaxed and advanced of doing it, death.

There is also lots of fake NDE's (i remember the story of a little boy who saw jesus and angels) and after many years he came out and said it was a faked story.
edit on 9-12-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

The article fails to source any specific study, and the ones cited are garbage.
This is hogwash at best. Pull your heads out of your asses, folks.

Article literally opens with

"In a large scale study of more than 2,000 people, British boffins confirmed that thoughts DO carry on after the heart stops."

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i'm like this, i firmly believe that there is life death as in a spiritual aspect. just how it works no one really knows.

as for the op, what i'm thinking is what they are seeing is the is a bio/chemical/electrical machine shutting down. after all that's what we are.

i know people have seen tv's, computers, and all other kinds of equipment, that when you push the power button and all functions stop, that the power light stays on and ethier slowly fades off, or stays on for a few then goes out. that's what is happening here in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yea- I have no clue. but the topic has always fascinated me. I blame the movie Flatliners

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i think the member your replied to, maybe getting their words crossed.

bof·fin [ˈbäfən] NOUN a person engaged in scientific or technical research: "a computer boffin" a person with knowledge or a skill considered to be complex, arcane, and difficult: "he had a reputation as a tax boffin, a learned lawyer"

buf·foon [bəˈfo͞on] NOUN a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

edit on 9-12-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
the for long have known decapitating victims are alive for 3-4 min without a body 30 yrs ago.

seems they are repeating things they already knew

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Death is just that, death.
Anyone telling u differently is either delusional, on drugs or trying to sell u something.

I can understand that there are ppl that NEED to believe that there is something after death, just because they're afraid of it. Doesnt mean there is. And all that religious bollocs around death is just a way to quell fears in their followers.

edit on 11-12-2016 by Justanotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justanotherman
Death is just that, death.
Anyone telling u differently is either delusional, on drugs or trying to sell u something.

I can understand that there are ppl that NEED to believe that there is something after death, just because they're afraid of it. Doesnt mean there is. And all that religious bollocs around death is just a way to quell fears in their followers.

Soul analysis, reincarnation, how the other world looks like, how many dimensions/universes occupied by humans etc written thousands of years before any religion was created. Start reading philosophy. Reincarnation and immortallity of the soul pre-existed even before Pelasgians in Mediteranean land (seas today) much before Atlantis. It was said though that all the knowledge of soul came from the gods. You can read Thalis philosopher, Socreates, Plato, etc. Omiros gave a more poetic view of the soul (the breath, the devine breath) we also say that today that the last breath is the exit of the soul. And the soul moves out from the mouth.

Just try to think of the human body. We are water and cells.. living organisms. Millions and trillions quadro trillions of little living organisms, thats what the human body is. If you take a soft material and take some material from ur mouth and look at it in the microscope, you will find lots of cells, living things running in front of your eyes! And this is you, it was you while ago. But even science proves that humans are multidimensional, we have energy around us, etheric bodies where this energy comes from. what makes you really you? why this energy is the shape of your overall body and not little tiny shiny cells all over you. Why when the body dies this energy leaves and the body is just cold and dead, even most of the cells are still there and visual infront of you...your body. But the energy that vibrates the whole body and cells is missing, is not the cells alone is it?
edit on 13-12-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's all wishful thinking in my opinion, our brains can't comprehend not existing because all it's ever done is exist since birth. The only way we live on after death is as matter, molecules, atoms until the universe decides how to express our matter as something else.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
As someone who has died and experienced first hand what happens I can tell you death is not the end...
Because of this I can say and firmly believe... Scratch that... Because of this I know that consciousness is not controlled by nor is the brain responsible for producing consciousness by any of its processes...
Instead the brain is but a computer for our consciousness to control our bodies...
This is exactly what this study has claimed to have proven...
It matters not if you believe me or this study...
What matters is that you will die... And then you will know it for yourselves...
Think of your brain this way it is full of software running in the background controlling all of the functions our bodies require to function...
Our consciousness or our souls that is us... Not our brains or bodies... Our consciousness or soul is therefore the "user" responsible for the introduction of thought and guidance of our interactive vessels...

edit on 20-12-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The problem with that, is that it's all subjective and it's all based on our perception of what's real and what's not. Basing everything on that only leads to non-conclusive understanding of physical and so called spiritual reality

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Neat topic from a while back. I've been watching a new Netflix show called The OA. It is about this very topic and is oddly yet intriguingly made. Definitely not for everyone but puts a strange spin on the afterlife. I would suggest watching it for anyone that is interested in the topic of the OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

That is your limited opinion... And I dont blame you for your perception is ruled by your physical senses...
But when you die and all those senses have ceased to function yet you experience things without them...
Only then will you become enlightened...
So I say to you it is your perception which is non conclusive once again not your fault for you have no experience to draw from...
Therefore your view point is without merit...
It matters not for you shall surely experience physical death... Yet you shall never die...

edit on 20-12-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Trying I'm watching it now. Episode 7

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join