It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Zero brought down mystery civilisation of ‘sea people’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The Trojan War was a grander event than even Homer would have us believe. The famous conflict may have been one of the final acts in what one archaeologist has controversially dubbed “World War Zero” – an event he claims brought the eastern Mediterranean Bronze Age world crashing down 3200 years ago.

And the catalyst for the war? A mysterious and arguably powerful civilisation almost entirely overlooked by archaeologists: the Luwians.

By the second millennium BC, civilisation had taken hold throughout the eastern Mediterranean. The Egyptian New Kingdom coexisted with the Hittites of central Anatolia and the Mycenaeans of mainland Greece, among others.

In little more than a single generation, they had all collapsed. Was the culprit climate change? Some sort of earthquake storm? Social unrest? Archaeologists can’t seem to agree.

Read the article for the rest;

The Luwians were but one component of the rapid changing of the balance of power in the Med during this era, the 'Sea Peoples' ranged from Andalusia to Anatolia and were made up of a large number of disparate groups, among them Phoenicians and Tartessians in addition to Luwians, and were causing the 'Old Guards' to wage war for survival. My belief is that the Sea Peoples originated in Andalusia when Tartessians met Phoenicians and spread eastward to incorporate additional cultures who were always on the 'outs' with the major powers. Luwians and Phoenicians both hated the Hittites, and it's no wonder that the Sea People raids along the eastern Med skipped over Phoenician settlements while attacking neighboring Hittite ones. (I also believe it was the Sea Peoples who were the "Atlantians" of Plato's discourses, jumbled up with other tales he encountered in his travels.)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Fascinating.

Of course there are a zillion reasons for civilizations to fall/disappear, and most all of them are expected and pretty boring (from a safe vantage point in retrospect, that is!), but as this IS ATS, how's 'bout....

Maybe that "periodic catastrophe" meme has merit... ol' Nemesis-Nibiru (or the "NnN Theory"... I just coined) or some carnivorous aliens coming by on occasion to scoop up their magically replenishing meat cache (mmmm long pig!)...

or maybe it wasn't periodic, but a catastrophe nonetheless? Mega or mini volcano ... asteroid... Galactus?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mermaid existence has been demonstrated with the 1994 kid's video
of a stranded sea creature on a beach near his home as shown on the
Animal Planet special show. This shows the 'sea creature" , mermaid,
humanoid, ect., that definitely is living in the oceans. Given for a
moment that the video is 100% genuine, ask yourself if it is possible,
necessary and right. Perhaps these are the sea dwellers in legend.

If all of human consciousness could have been accumulated over the
millennia and eon(s), it's contents would represent billions if not trillions
of people. The fault with people is societies' violence. Eventually a war
would break out that would be the mother of all wars.

www.youtube.com...

a reply to: Blackmarketeer

edit on 13-5-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

The Trojan War was a grander event than even Homer would have us believe. The famous conflict may have been one of the final acts in what one archaeologist has controversially dubbed “World War Zero” – an event he claims brought the eastern Mediterranean Bronze Age world crashing down 3200 years ago.

And the catalyst for the war? A mysterious and arguably powerful civilisation almost entirely overlooked by archaeologists: the Luwians.

By the second millennium BC, civilisation had taken hold throughout the eastern Mediterranean. The Egyptian New Kingdom coexisted with the Hittites of central Anatolia and the Mycenaeans of mainland Greece, among others.

In little more than a single generation, they had all collapsed. Was the culprit climate change? Some sort of earthquake storm? Social unrest? Archaeologists can’t seem to agree.

The Luwians were but one component of the rapid changing of the balance of power in the Med during this era, the 'Sea Peoples' ranged from Andalusia to Anatolia and were made up of a large number of disparate groups, among them Phoenicians and Tartessians in addition to Luwians, and were causing the 'Old Guards' to wage war for survival. My belief is that the Sea Peoples originated in Andalusia when Tartessians met Phoenicians and spread eastward to incorporate additional cultures who were always on the 'outs' with the major powers. Luwians and Phoenicians both hated the Hittites, and it's no wonder that the Sea People raids along the eastern Med skipped over Phoenician settlements while attacking neighboring Hittite ones. (I also believe it was the Sea Peoples who were the "Atlantians" of Plato's discourses, jumbled up with other tales he encountered in his travels.)

As you have pointed out, the "sea people" actually consisted of several maritime nations from around the Mediterranean sea.

Despite their ethnic differences, there was a commonality of culture and belief. Central to their cultures were, most likely, sea gods and goddesses like Poseidon/Neptune, Lotan, Nu, Osiris, Leviathan, Asherah, Nammu and Dagon.

The Phoenicians were most frequently referred to as "the people of the sea" in ancient texts.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm gonna call "Mostly Nationalist Dreams."

We have an institute (founded in 2014 (so less than 2 years old and possibly a one-person Institute) with the Fantastic Announcement that the Founder's Distant Ancestors destroyed the Hittites and caused the Sea Peoples to run off and try to conquer everyone else.

As the archaeologists studying the area say (in the article itself), the evidence really isn't there. He claims that archaeologists are not allowed to dig where the evidence that will support his statements (which doesn't seem to match the evidence.) He does some hand-waving on the dates and uses convenient artifacts to date things without considering that the items might have been heirlooms (i.e., somebody's mom owned a faience with Queen Twoseret and it was lost 50 years after the reign of the Queen.)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drawsoho

www.youtube.com...

hoax
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:42 PM

www.youtube.com...

hoax
www.dailymail.co.uk...

What has been will be again.
What has been done will be done again.
There is nothing new under the sun.

They glossed over the kid's phone camera video - the best evidence and
worth serious consideration.. Besides the spear-like implements found
inside of oceanic sea fish over the years, there is no reason to believe
humanlike fish even exist.

It's so easy to take the word of the experts but they are not always right.

Here is the kid's video:

kid's video

a reply to: combatmaster

edit on 13-5-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

As you have pointed out, the "sea people" actually consisted of several maritime nations from around the Mediterranean sea.

Despite their ethnic differences, there was a commonality of culture and belief. Central to their cultures were, most likely, sea gods and goddesses like Poseidon/Neptune, Lotan, Nu, Osiris, Leviathan, Asherah, Nammu and Dagon.

The Phoenicians were most frequently referred to as "the people of the sea" in ancient texts.

Yea there's your key.....all the major civilizations in the Med were sea powers and fought with each other for control. Many we have heard of others not so much. Like the Celts, Etruscans, ect.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Animal Planet special show.

At this point you should probably google Mockumentary, then go wipe the egg off your face

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ah the sea peoples, if it werent for Ramses II theyd have decimated everything... They arent mysterious though they are the peoples of the entire island groups from Hawaii around the tip of Austrailia Gilbert/Solomon island group all the way up to Easter Island. Thats what I deciphered from the phaistos disc, its pictography not a language.

I was going to post it here but I get hacked so much my computer goes down before its even up through the bios, but I was able to make a post about it using my cell phone about 1.5 months ago on F.B. I started to post it here first from the cell had it all typed up and everyting... hit the post button it stalled out and 404d and I lost it all after about 2 hours work and making a huge post and uploading photos via a cell phone really sucks so bleh... I decided to just photo dump all the evidence on FB with a description. Jim Smith aka Mr. Black(public figure) if anyones feeling froggy. I havent been on there in a few weeks from a throughly bricked phone from yet more hacking... if I still have my photos loaded up on here Ill try to drop them in as a contribution to your thread but being on a computer with ajax as the language it has mega limitations like no cut and paste no spell check no multi tabs etc... but thats who the sea people were sorta like the vikings but a huge pirate hoard from the island groups that skirted its way up the coasts and came right up the nile delta where Ramses II put it to them stopping their decimation, after they were freed they were basically stranded and settled all throughout the middle east. Im sure halotyping could match up the ancestry.

Not trying to take over the tread just add to it as thats who the sea peoples were theres heroglyphs that support it all and the tools from the gilbert island group especially show up on the Phaistos disc, including the spined swords, the ramps used shields warrior dress spiked helms eye shape from the asian decent islands and even the boat style... not to mention blond hair blue eyed dark skinned people that are still found in the genetic group of the island chain being on heirogyphs in egypt.

So basically hoorah for technology issues and hackers of various sorts or this info would have already been presented here. Your thread now though, if you want to flesh it out... itll likely be a month before I have the wherewithall to deal with trying to get a system up and try not have it hacked into obvilion... avg reset up 6 times a month per machine and its gets a bit tedious. I cant even do any digital art right now or do business online. Just bore people here at ats from a stupid machine not meant for web browsing.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
World War 0:

The Annunaki unleashed a nuclear? war against each other.
Marduk against Ninurta/Inanna
page 256/257, "The Lost Book of Enki"

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've read some of the work of Fred Woudhuizen and he has some fascinating notes. He did a book all about the Luwian language. Personally I believe the Sea Peoples came from west Anatolia with supplementary forces from modern Greece.

a reply to: Drawsoho
I think you need to actually read the article. Sea People is a name given to marauding humans, not mermaids. Embarrassing.

a reply to: TEOTWAIKI
The Lost Book of Enki is listed as fiction. And what's with all the completely off topic posts?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAIKI
World War 0:

I see we have another blind believer in Sitchin's fiction.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

World War 0:

I did no such thing, Sitchin is dead
I killed him

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
I've read some of the work of Fred Woudhuizen and he has some fascinating notes. He did a book all about the Luwian language. Personally I believe the Sea Peoples came from west Anatolia with supplementary forces from modern Greece.

I think it's a bit dated. Current thinking is that it wasn't so much an invasion (not that much in the way of war-torn cities) but more an invasion of settlers.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Ah the sea peoples, if it werent for Ramses II theyd have decimated everything...

Thus, according to Ramesses II.
And Pharaohs never lie.

Harte

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

World War 0:

I did no such thing, Sitchin is dead
I killed him

Hail to Dorothy!
link

Harte

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

The Hittites before Suppiluliuma (I think) were absolutely smashed back from all different directions at one point.

I read that the migrations could have been due to climatic conditions of Europe due to a volcano erupting, forcing many cultures to move East towards Egypt.

The area of Anatolia is very interesting, so many wars I can imagine how many stories were combined together through time.

It is entirely possible the Luwains were a rather big civilisation that have been completely overlooked by history. I mean a large wportion of the region spoke Luwain, and even Hittite texts have Luwain 'slang' within them.

A very interesting source on them if anybody is interested www.luwianstudies.org...
edit on 14-5-2016 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Ah the sea peoples, if it werent for Ramses II theyd have decimated everything...

Thus, according to Ramesses II.
And Pharaohs never lie.

Harte

I didnt speak to him directly sweetheart, thats what all the history sites said along with the many glyphs that the history came from...

the story goes the sea people kept decimating and pillaging seaside communities recruiting in a huge sea army... one of the egyptian cities got rancked and hit hard and sent a call to Ramses II they all had no idea where they were coming from but were slipping up in hordes through the euphrates... Ramses II got all available archers he could scour and laid waste to them as they only as short ranged weapons... the ones that tried to make it to shore were attacked by ground forces and if they surrendered they were taken hostage... tons of glyphs on this btw including some of the fabled giants. The first bankers from all this research I did were the hitties... but many people joined their ranks as they were free to do so if the didnt resist so tons of varying people made up the sea peoples... peoples is why they were called that and not from any specific area but a conglomerate of well peoples.

But if anyone wants to google image search the disc and artifacts of gilbert islands and other islands theyll see that connection pretty quick... reading the images I noticed how these unknown sea peoples were popping up studied the eygptian glyphs and it was pretty blatant who they were and tying the phastios disc took zero effort realizing it was pictoghraphs and not a language. No leaping required or reaching... since the sea peoples were researched but identity out and then all the images out together? It was blatant.

I dont care about credit, if anyone wants to take it and make a thread be my guest... as said I dont have the capcity and plus this is human history that belongs to all of us nit one specific person trying to be ahem special from the herd... anyone can take that stuff and add it up... I didnt take or own the pictures I studied, I didnt research those artifacts or dig them up myself... so taking the credit for placing 3 pieces of a puzzle is kinda assinine. As said its the information thats important... not any one individual.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarknessThey arent mysterious though they are the peoples of the entire island groups from Hawaii around the tip of Austrailia Gilbert/Solomon island group all the way up to Easter Island. Thats what I deciphered from the phaistos disc, its pictography not a language.

Great, that's just what this forum needs, more delusional thinking
in case you aren't aware, the Gilbert islands weren't occupied until 1000bce at the absolute earliest
Hawaii wasn't occupied until 300CE
whereas

The Sea Peoples were a confederacy of naval raiders who harried the coastal towns and cities of the Mediterranean region between c. 1276-1178 BCE

So your decipherment of the Phaistos disc, does it mention where they got the time machine ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join