It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth on racism and violent crimes in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Let me start by saying this isnt PC so if your mind cant handle reality this isnt the thread for you. This is a thread thats about analyzing and breaking down crime statistics to gain a better perspective on what the truth is in culture and media.

Curiously with the war on whites in this country because we are the majority and we are successful, we seem to be taking the blame for everyone's problems and apparently we are hateful bastards as well.

So I decided to look up some info on crime statistics and came across this...

Source

www.bjs.gov...

www.nationalreview.com...

Holy crap 100,000 black people were attacked by white omg everyone whos white is racist!

J K people J K...

Now, lets pretend this ISNT CNN for a second and take a real look at the statistics.. there are more than 5 times the amount of attacks on white people by black people than vice versa. Holy crap!

But lets put it into perspective by looking at the total population of black vs white to get a better understanding of the truth.

Source

White 196,817,552 63.7 211,460,626 75.1

So white people make up 63% of the population...

Black or African American 37,685,848 12.2 34,658,190 12.3

Black or African American ( Im not PC ) make up 12.2% of the population. So there is 5x more white people however black people still commit 5x the amount of violent crimes against whites.

Using figures for the 2013 racial mix of the population–62.2 percent white, 17.1 percent Hispanic, 13.2 percent black–we can calculate the average likelihood of a person of each race attacking the other. A black is 27 times more likely to attack a white and 8 times more likely to attack a Hispanic than the other way around. A Hispanic is eight times more likely to attack a white than vice versa.

Once again based on the statistics present in this argument we can see that white people are less likely to commit acts of violence against Hispanics as well while Hispanics are 8x more likely to attack white people.

So what do you think ATS? Still think there isnt an anti white agenda or that white people are the racist ones?

edit on 5/13/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Everybody can be a racist, and lol at the war against whites.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Everybody can be a racist, and lol at the war against whites.

You can LOL all you want theres ample evidence and has been discussed at length.

Im also 100% positive that you didnt read anything based on the speed of your response.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Can you provide some education and income/poverty statistics to further illustrate the scope of the entire issue of race and crime?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Can you provide some education and income/poverty statistics to further illustrate the scope of the entire issue of race and crime?

Those are relevant when choices and options are taken away, which they currently are not.

No one forces people to live in "the ghetto" it's a choice.
edit on 13-5-2016 by Vector99 because: when instead of and

edit on 13-5-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Those are relevant when choices and options are taken away, which they currently are not.

No one forces people to act violently either thats a choice.

Lack of responsibility may be one of the biggest issues and i blame the lack of fathers as 1 of the key reasons why that issue exist.

"of your poor feel free to kill white people with an excuse"

No i dont think so.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It's more natural when it's the norm in your personal culture and something you are taught though.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think this issue is too big to for one discussion and a discussion like this does disservice.

When you're talking about racism, you should be talking about institutional racism or racism by people in power, not the average citizen.

when you're talking Crime, you should be talking about economics. We know through the study of history that, locations with weak economies and lot's of poverty always have more crime irregardless of religion or race. Drug and alchohol use spikes during bad economies.

Crime isn't really a race issue as it is an economic issue.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

How does that excuse the behavior and how does that change the statistics?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

How does that excuse the behavior and how does that change the statistics?

It doesn't

I'm agreeing with you.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Statistically-speaking, they are relevant. They show us patterns as to potential causes or reasons to why violence occurs. Desperate people will do what they have to.

Highlights: For the period 2008–12—
Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000).
The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

www.bjs.gov...

What can we learn from this? The last sentence is very telling. Poor urban black and whites have similar rates of violent victimization. Whites had more than a 5 point lead in that category. Does that fit the narrative of war on whites?
edit on 13-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Considering theres 5x the amount of white people in the country i would expect us to have the lead in that category.

Yes being poor is part of the problem, doesnt excuse the behavior of whites hispanics or blacks.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It's more natural when it's the norm in your personal culture and something you are taught though.

Can we leave the obvious "Canadians are violent"
stereo type nonsense alone?

link   

Statistically-speaking, they are relevant. They show us patterns as to potential causes or reasons to why violence occurs. Desperate people will do what they have to.

Desperate people are not forced to abstain from changing.

Mexicans? Maybe, if they are here illegally, but I give zero craps about them (the illegal ones, don't Trump quote me)

Blacks? Hell no. I grew up in the ghetto. The only thing that keeps people there is themself. NOTHING else. LITERALLY NOTHING.
Personal choices and all, you know.

link   

Im not educated. I am dirt poor. In fact ill be moving into a shelter at the beginning of the month. Effectively homeless.

Guess what. I dont commit crimes. I dont steal. I don't assault. I dont even blame anybody else for my misfortune . But I do have integrity and mental discipline. It is what it is I guess. Must be my white privilege.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It also says that Hispanics are more peaceful ^.^

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

Can we leave the obvious "Canadians are violent"
stereo type nonsense alone?

Hey guy if you're not playing hockey you're not violent ok buddy!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree, but these statistics show that there are many potential variables involved in an issue such as this, that you did not explore or mention the OP, and it is therefore illogical and irresponsible to ask this:

Still think there isnt an anti white agenda or that white people are the racist ones

How can one come to any conclusion based on the minuscule amount of info you provided?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Who's fault is it that they teach this "thug culture" to their kids?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is no war of Blacks vs Whites. Where did you get this idea?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join