It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth on racism and violent crimes in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Actually im just sick of SJW bs and im sick of everyone pointing fingers at white people and Europeans.

We are one of the most generous countries on the planet and yes there are many racist white people.

But of course im a racist for asking questions or pointing things out.

I think questioning Syrian refugees NOT MUSLIMS is perfectly logical.

All over the place there bud, your stats are from a white guy just like you who lives is life thinking hes a victim.

Life is too short bud, enjoy it and stop with the fear mongering propaganda.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Jesus and MLK are totally irrelevent to modern SJWs and all the crazy finger pointing and hyper sensitivity happening in modern culture.

Theres a MASSIVE difference between MLK and Jesus and modern SJWs.

Both MLK and Jesus were all inclusive and not perpetuating racial divides like the current media driven hyper sensitive SJW finger pointing happening in America today.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Of course white people are all racist and the statistics are sourced from the BJS.

Get your info right.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: eisegesis
Interesting...

These data cover all violent crimes except murder, but the number of murders is tiny compared to other violent crimes.

The numbers tell us that there are predominantly more blacks beating up on whites, but doesn't exactly say if those attacks were racially motivated.

I had to run to school many times if I ran across the wrong group. I never walked to school the same way twice in a row, ever. Because I was white.

And every black person that you were ever threatened by does not represent how every black person feels about whites in America.

Black people often avoid speaking out against their own color's thuggish behavior for fear of retaliation or being cast out and labelled something other than what they feel gives them an identity.

Black... One of the stupidest labels on the entire planet. An absolutely meaningless "trait" except to those who can't identify themselves by anything of greater importance.

edit on 13-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: FamCore

No one forces people to live in "the ghetto" it's a choice.

Have you ever heard of "generational poverty"?

Exactly how does that keep one from becoming successful? Seriously, tell me.

It's human psychology and sociology. There have been hundreds of studies in history.

I did concede the family issue already. I know how that can be, I've witnessed it personally. I also have seen the ones that really care about getting out of the hood do just that. Yea it sucks having to leave family and friends behind, but it's a CHOICE. Everyone in the hood knows the choice, they either stay or go, plain and simple.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Jesus and MLK are totally irrelevent to modern SJWs and all the crazy finger pointing and hyper sensitivity happening in modern culture.

Theres a MASSIVE difference between MLK and Jesus and modern SJWs.

Both MLK and Jesus were all inclusive and not perpetuating racial divides like the current media driven hyper sensitive SJW finger pointing happening in America today.

Yet, my issue with your calling those types of people social justice warriors, is that you alienate and lump all real social justice warriors in with that group. They need a new name...maybe crybaby whinners or something but not social justice warriors. I'm not like them and I am a social justice warrior.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Interesting...

These data cover all violent crimes except murder, but the number of murders is tiny compared to other violent crimes.

The numbers tell us that there are predominantly more blacks beating up on whites, but doesn't exactly say if those attacks were racially motivated.

I had to run to school many times if I ran across the wrong group. I never walked to school the same way twice in a row, ever. Because I was white.

And every black person that you were ever threatened by does not represent how every black man feels about whites in America.

Never said that. Nor do I think it.

link   

a reply to: introvert

Ahhhh, as usual when your argument cant or doesnt hold up resort to personal attacks right?

Sorry buddy you lose.

I think my argument is fairly reasonable and simple to understand. It's a basic concept. We need all the information we can gather to come to a well-informed, logical conclusion on the issue. You seem to not be able to digest that.

You also talk about personal responsibility but at the same time try to force the responsibility on to others to provide the information that would coincide with your assertions in the OP.

Pointing that out is not a personal attack. Perhaps you take it personally, but I can't help if others are oversensitive to criticism.

link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Obviously all black people are not racist i know plenty of well adjusted normal black people who actually feel the same way i do about ghetto culture.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You havent made an argument youve taken a position against me saying i havent provided enough stats without providing any of your own.

Thats exactly what happened.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

How does generational poverty prevent people from being successful? This is a well-researched topic. For example,

"These studies strongly support the economic resources model: Parental eco­nomic resources consistently predict children's adult attainments. They predict all outcomes and have large impacts on men's labor supply, wages and earn­ings. Furthermore, parental income effects on labor market outcomes are nonlinear: Being poor matters a lot."

-M Corcoran Rags to Rags: Poverty and Mobility in the United States

www.annualreviews.org...
edit on 13-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Your probably just a rational empathetic human being and not an SJW.

Believe it or not i am repulsed by the unethical modern society and i feel like the world seriously lacks empathy and cohesion and it completely selfish and ego driven.

However im also tired of media narratives.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Introvert, have you ever been in what could be called the ghetto? I mean other than driving through it. I mean socializing with the people that live in such areas.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You havent made an argument youve taken a position against me saying i havent provided enough stats without providing any of your own.

Thats exactly what happened.

Saying you need more information is not a position against you.

If you can't handle constructive criticism, why did you create a thread such as this without all you "ducks-in-a-row"?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not having enough money isnt reason enough to violently attack someone.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
"These studies strongly support the economic resources model: Parental eco­nomic resources consistently predict children's adult attainments. They predict all outcomes and have large impacts on men's labor supply, wages and earn­ings. Furthermore, parental income effects on labor market outcomes are nonlinear: Being poor matters a lot."

-M Corcoran Rags to Rags: Poverty and Mobility in the United States

www.annualreviews.org...

Ok, now I challenge YOU to look into those studies.

What did they study?
Where did they study?
Who did they study?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Introvert, have you ever been in what could be called the ghetto? I mean other than driving through it. I mean socializing with the people that live in such areas.

In asking that, you are attempting to create an anecdotal argument based on personal experience. While it is a valuable aspect that can be included in the broader scope of the debate, it's illogical and serves no purpose on an internet forum discussion.

It's a logical fallacy.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It is funny, you say you are tired of SJW's but yet here you are fighting for a group of people you feel are being targeted unfairly or persecuted... Almost exactly what your so called SJW does.

You are just falling for the trick of taking a label and applying a negative stigma to it. By today's definition all the civil rights activist of the past would have been just a no good SJW trying to be politically correct.

I'm glad you are fine with taking what racist has to say to try and show what the 'truth' is about race.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I challenge YOU to find resources that challenge the scholarly article I posted and the conclusions they came to.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

In asking that, you are attempting to create an anecdotal argument based on personal experience. While it is a valuable aspect that can be included in the broader scope of the debate, it's illogical and serves no purpose on an internet forum discussion.

It's a logical fallacy.

OMG did Hillary Clinton invade your ATS account?

Way to dodge a yes or no question.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join