It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth on racism and violent crimes in America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Theres plenty of info.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Interesting...

These data cover all violent crimes except murder, but the number of murders is tiny compared to other violent crimes.

Are you attempting to educate black people of their wicked ways, prove that there's a war against white people or that blacks are more racist than whites? All three perhaps? The numbers tell us that there are predominantly more blacks beating up on whites, but doesn't exactly say if those attacks were racially motivated.

edit on 13-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can agree with your sentiment, but that anecdotal story does not help when trying to logically evaluate a situation to find the variables that play a role in the issue at hand.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: onequestion

I agree, but these statistics show that there are many potential variables involved in an issue such as this, that you did not explore or mention the OP, and it is therefore illogical and irresponsible to ask this:

Still think there isnt an anti white agenda or that white people are the racist ones

How can one come to any conclusion based on the minuscule amount of info you provided?

The only variable is their family input and care of self image.

They wanna be the thug and be the tough guy.

They choose their own life. I know this because I've witnessed it. The high school I went to was 90% black, yea that was a lot of fun.

link   

originally posted by: lostbook
There is no war of Blacks vs Whites. Where did you get this idea?

I really honestly think this should be an issue anymore but it is.

link   

Character. Id include that variable.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Theres plenty of info.

Not really. You did not include statistics about poverty, education, family structures, etc.

A lot of vital info was not included. Therefore it is disingenuous to ask about anti-white agendas and such.

link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Why dont you define a few variables with sources that effectively counter the argument?

link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Interesting...

These data cover all violent crimes except murder, but the number of murders is tiny compared to other violent crimes.

The numbers tell us that there are predominantly more blacks beating up on whites, but doesn't exactly say if those attacks were racially motivated.

I had to run to school many times if I ran across the wrong group. I never walked to school the same way twice in a row, ever. Because I was white.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Character. Id include that variable.

Is there a method of gathering that sort of info for statistical purposes?

link   

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you trying to excuse violent attacks disproportionately against white people?

link   

You sound like Trump when you brag how un-PC you are. It's a common trend now a days so you're not alone.

That said, did you know the author of your link is a white nationalist?

en.wikipedia.org...-Semitism

Samuel Jared Taylor (born September 15, 1951) is an American white nationalist and a journalist who advocates what he describes as racial realism.[1] He is the founder and editor of American Renaissance, a webzine often described as a white supremacist publication. Taylor is the president of the magazine's parent organization, New Century Foundation. He is a spokesperson of the Council of Conservative Citizens,[2] and a former member of the advisory board of The Occidental Quarterly. He is also a former director of the National Policy Institute, a Virginia-based white nationalist think tank.[3] Taylor, and many of the organizations he is associated with, are often described as promoting racist ideologies by, among others, civil rights groups, news media and academics studying racism in the US.[4][5][6][7]

Are you also taking another play from Trumps play book, posting so called statistics from white nationalists?
edit on 13-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You know your link is talking about victim and not perps.

What gives?

link   
a reply to: Swills

So why dont you show us how the stats are wrong?

Regardless of the author.

If i change the source how will that change your position in the debate?

Of course racist right. Anybody white is racist.

link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I agree, but these statistics show that there are many potential variables involved in an issue such as this, that you did not explore or mention the OP, and it is therefore illogical and irresponsible to ask this:

Still think there isnt an anti white agenda or that white people are the racist ones

How can one come to any conclusion based on the minuscule amount of info you provided?

The only variable is their family input and care of self image.

They wanna be the thug and be the tough guy.

They choose their own life. I know this because I've witnessed it. The high school I went to was 90% black, yea that was a lot of fun.

I think this comment is indicative of the sort of thread the OP wanted to create on the issue, but tried to add some statistics to give it an air of legitimacy.

Sadly, we cannot look at this issue so childishly. We have to get the entire picture first and that requires more info.

link   

a reply to: eisegesis

Why dont you define a few variables with sources that effectively counter the argument?

But your own sources don't support yours. It provides no truth or insight into racism. None of these numbers are supported by a motive. Your thread appears to be half of what you expected others to see it as.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Theres plenty of info.

family structures,

This is the ONLY area I would consider. That is something no one can change.

So how do we fix it? Do we take away kids from families that have such values? That will open a whole new can of worms, but honestly, would solve a LOT of problems.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 13-5-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Your frustration is valid.
This nonsense is ramped up every year by both sides
of the aisle. There are flat out thugs showing up at
Trump events ready to fight.
On the right AM radio and the Internet are spewing
fear truly crazy conspiracy theories and have a few thugs
of their own.
It's election time. The PTB meaning billionaires want us all
fighting for the one piece of pie they left after gorging on the
19 other pieces. Hard working Millionaires and capitalism
are not the problem. Billionaires are.

from Wealth Inequality

The most visible indicator of wealth inequality in America today may be the Forbes magazine list of the nation’s 400 richest. In 1982, the “poorest” American listed on the first annual Forbes magazine list of America’s richest 400 had a net worth of $80 million. The average member of that first list had a net worth of $230 million. In 2015, rich Americans needed net worth of $1.7 billion to enter the Forbes 400, and the average member held a net $5.8 billion, over 10 times the 1982 average after adjusting for inflation. - See more at: inequality.org...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You're literally posting propaganda from a white supremacist and you don't have a problem with that? I wonder if this is the same source Trump tweeted all those months ago?

I would implore you to NEVER post anything from a white supremacist for now on so please, do find a better source!
edit on 13-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join