It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Projected to win West Virginia Primary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hillary won there in 2008 .

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
It would be great if it worked that way....but it doesn't. The government is Killing WV and leaving it to die without life support. They are shutting down mines daily due to over regulation. But NOTHING takes it's place.
Does this look like progress to you???

They pull out the mines but they put nothing in its place. It's great to say we would rather work in an office but right now it's coal or nothing and YOU ARE TAKING COAL!!!!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Only democratic primaries where someone HAD to win. The state voted McCain

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It was so 'out of context' she needed to apologize and provide clarification. Maybe people took her at face value because Dear Leader made similar comments and followed through on them.

Perhaps you can explain how you one for one coal jobs in West Virginia with clean energy jobs since Madame Pantsuit offered zero plans.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

No it doesn't. Sadly. It looks like the area needs a lot of attention.
So what are trumps plans for west Virginia? What are any of them saying?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which she did.
www.politifact.com...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Wow. Me huh? It's up to me to create jobs now? Because I'm voting for Hillary.
Hillary does have plans. What does trump say? Oh right he hasn't looked that up yet. Maybe he can find the answer in another conspiracy theory book or the national Enquirer where he got the news about how Ted Cruz s father killed John Kennedy right? I mean the Orange one is full of plans right? Or are they really just crazy ideas?????

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

There are no plans in that backtracking statement.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Wow. Me huh?

Yeah, why not? She has not provided any and you seem to have a pulse on her actual thoughts instead of her statements like the rest of the populace. What are her plans?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

But if you really want to know I would start a campaign to ramp up tourism in the area. Mountain resorts for winter skiing and summer retreats. Vale Colorado, Sun Valley, heck even Switzerland all make a living luring people to the mountains for fun and relaxation. Hotels, resorts, restaurants, day entertainment like mini golf Family recreation areas for picnics.
The area had twice the seasonal opportunities as say a beach resort area which operates only in summer. Then you can even add in the fall season because it's a big area for foliage viewing too.

Now let's see trump steal this idea.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Kudos to offering a plan which is more than Pantsuit did. Not that I think it is going to replace jobs at par but at least you thought of something unlike her.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Bernie, but even I enjoy seeing Hillary "The Evil" Clinton lose.

An honest question though. . . . .

Are democrats running against the last 8 years of Obama and democrat/progressive policies,

or

Are they running for a continuation of progressive/democrat policies?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I do have ideas see above... but I'm not running, I'm making my choice at the ballot box.
I know what my candidates platform is and what her ideals are because I've done the research. I'm not voting for most popular boy I'm voting for commander and chief. So if you asked me what her stance is on a particular subject I could probably tell you. I don't vote blind and I don't vote stupid. I vote educated.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Can't you get that information yourself?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So if you asked me what her stance is on a particular subject I could probably tell you. I don't vote blind and I don't vote stupid. I vote educated.

She has no stance on the West Virginia coal subject other than that she was 'taken out of context' and personally felt the need to apologize. She has no concrete or measurable plans in this regard. None.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Can't you get that information yourself?

I think the answer is clear to see by your reticence to even answer.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It actually could. There are lots of satellite jobs created too. Housekeepers, delivery guys, grounds keepers,wait staff,. Then you also have builders and architects, construction guys, electricians, plumbers.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

No I'm not here to serve you. Do it yourself.
You are actually asking me to comment on other people's opinions as to what motivates democrats.
Me I want less pain in the country. I want racial equality but more I want racial acceptance. I want jobs for single mothers that will put food on the table and pay the rent. Not either or.
I want to see our kids get an education that will offer opportunities to every sector.
I want the poor to have access to decent healthcare.
That's me. Some policies need revamping and others need enhancement and some just need to go.
Now does that help you? Do all dems live in my place and my space? Probably not. There are three in my household and we all have our ideas. They don't always match.
edit on 5112016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It actually could. There are lots of satellite jobs created too. Housekeepers, delivery guys, grounds keepers,wait staff,. Then you also have builders and architects, construction guys, electricians, plumbers.

Without a business plan it is rather hard to analyze the cost benefit piece. Also, you need to determine how this gets funded.

Her 'plan' was to get them all 'green energy' jobs. She obviously did not have any metrics on this so I suppose she will just magic them into existence.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

My point (and I think I've proved it) is that every 4 years, regardless of ideology, candidates come up with solutions to fix the problems that the previous administration(s) created.

It's job security for politicians.

Create just enough harm to the country that the next batch of politicians can run against, but not so much harm that turns away even the most ardent supporter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join