It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Projected to win West Virginia Primary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Swing states don't come into play until the general election.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20708633]BlubberyConspiracy[/post

Nope he wasn't robbed. He lost. Big time.

edit on 5102016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: [post=20708633]BlubberyConspiracy[/post

Nope he wasn't robbed. He lost. Big time.

But there's vote fraud investigations going on in NY.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah yeah. There weren't enough lost votes to change the outcome. I'm all for getting that settled. It certainly wasn't fair. But it's not enough to change the outcome at all.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: reldra

Not a surprise to me.

And I agree that it's way too soon to call Bernie out. He has a huge spending plan, tax plan, and a plan to grow the biggest federal government. No way is he out. Why wouldn't The Establishment *ahem* be pulling for Bernie? Campaign advertising does not = reality.

I've always believed Bernie is The Chosen One.

Sanders has never said he would do any of the things you said. If you overblow things he has said, maybe.

I'm not overblowing anything. He has the biggest spending plan. He has the biggest tax proposal. And his plan would expand the powers of the federal government.

Let it be known that I am a lifelong liberal and at one time would have received Bernie's ideas in the most enthusiastic of ways. But at some point, I learned that Congress is corrupt and that the two parties are corrupt. So I no longer trust the federal government to spend money to benefit 'the People.'

I see Bernie's plans as a means for the corrupt federal government to steal from us. He is running as a democrat, so I trust my take is probably correct. I have no reason to trust him as long as he belongs to the DNC.

My feelings are not so much a statement about Bernie as they are about our corrupt federal government.

I consider myself centrist, but I am also very untrusting with the "status quo" of our elected fed gov being corrupt...

I still believe that, until you change the face of those who do their business under the Capitol rotunda, we don't have a chance to make a difference...

However, when you have the possibility of having 2 Prez candidates who also rail against the "status quo", I have hope...

Clinton is the only establishment candidate left....

Wouldn't it be a nice slap in the face if she was no longer an option?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
In the democratic party, it was noted as a 'Hillary state'.

I have trouble believing that. Hillary is tied to the idea of ending coal, and that's pretty much the #1 social and political issue.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I thought it was universally known that Bernie has the biggest spending plan, the biggest tax hike, and a plan to grow the biggest federal government. I didn't know anybody questioned that.

Bernie has the second largest spending plan, at about 10% less than Donald Trump. Bernie does have the biggest tax plan though, because his plan is built to actually cover that spending, cover our deficit, and even reduce the debt. Trump is keeping things proportional to what they are now and "renegotiating" the rest.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Wouldn't it be a nice slap in the face if she was no longer an option?

Ha! Absolutely.

But, since I think everyone is an Establishment candidate...(or everyone running as a D and R.)

Blerg. I don't think the Establishment is going to advertise their chosen candidate. I think they would do anything to obfuscate who they've chosen. Especially because their chosen one's plan translates to stealing taxpayer money.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I thought it was universally known that Bernie has the biggest spending plan, the biggest tax hike, and a plan to grow the biggest federal government. I didn't know anybody questioned that.

Bernie has the second largest spending plan, at about 10% less than Donald Trump. Bernie does have the biggest tax plan though, because his plan is built to actually cover that spending, cover our deficit, and even reduce the debt. Trump is keeping things proportional to what they are now and "renegotiating" the rest.

No one can make heads or tails of Trump's spending plan.

The link I shared said this about Trump:

Trump’s tax plan means either unprecedented spending cuts or increased federal borrowing. But Trump has released no details about the gap, all the while vowing to protect Social Security and Medicare, two of the largest line items on the federal budget.

Politifact

ETA: I hate Politifact and all the alleged 'watchdogs.' But it seems they are the most accepted sources.

edit on 10-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
not surprising,pretty much everyone in WV works in a coal mine, or walmart Hillary already made her position clear on coal miner jobs, they won`t have any if she gets elected.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That was an unfortunate comment taken out of context.
What she was saying was that in creating clean energy it will put the coal mines out of business. Her goal however is to replace those jobs too. With ones that don't carry the risks and health issues of working in a mine.
She has no intention of turning her back on the generations of men who have kept our factories going. A move towards clean energy and away from coal and fossil fuels will change the economy of these regions producing these fuels and so the production of clean energy providers should replace the lost industry.

Clean energy is important in slowing down climate change. Everybody recognises the need for this move.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm aware of the context. Do you think buggy manufacturers cheered the people that were pushing automobiles? It's the same concept. Coal is by far the biggest industry in WV and they would rather avoid progress than have those jobs turn into something else, because it's what they know.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
That was an unfortunate comment taken out of context.

When she said, "Because we’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business, right?", what was not in context? If it was not in context why did she have to apologize for saying this?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Another one. The statement has been clarified . It's really disingenuous to pretend that that was her meaning. To pretend that she hasn't cleared that statement up.

Does spreading lies help her opponent somehow? Well trump seems to think so. But he's toast in a general because he doesn't have a clue how to run a country. He thinks it's like a business. Boy would he be in for a surprise. But he won't get the job so it doesn't matter.
I know America isn't that crazy.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

West Virginia will NEVER stand behind Hillary. Not sure who told you that but they LIED!!!!!

Voting Stats Per Year
If you look, 2004 was the last time WV had any blue counties, and they were few and far between

a reply to: Sillyolme
Hillary can "re-clarify" all she wants. We know where we stand....against her
edit on 5/11/2016 by Martin75 because: The Shed Rocks!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hilley is not so popular in WV:

Exit polls: Nearly half of W.Va. Sanders backers would vote Trump

Nearly half of the voters in the West Virginia Democratic primary who backed Bernie Sanders say they would vote for Republican Donald Trump in the fall presidential election, according to exit polls reported by CBS News.

Forty-four percent of Sanders supporters surveyed said they would rather back the presumptive GOP nominee in November, with only 23 percent saying they'd support Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton. And 31 percent said would support neither candidate in the likely general election match-up.

source

#NeverHillary

edit on 11-5-2016 by AlaskanDad because: typo

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So the idea is no progress? No change? I live in Virginia. I have friends from west Virginia. One girl joined the military to get out of Appalachia. She went to college on the militaries dime, then worked her way up through the ranks only to be injured by nerve gas in Iraq. Today she lives in pain because after getting her hooked on opiods the VA decided to take all of its veterans off of opioid drugs. She gets Tylenol now. Great huh? But that is the drive to get out of applachia.
There are no opportunities there now. This all has to change.
I understand people don't want to start new careers but I'm betting an office or retail position would be preferable to black lung disease.
Not liking change is not a reason to halt progress.
Or would you rather drive a horse and carriage?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No it wasn't it was preceded by "the creation of clean energy will...."

So no. She's not shutting down mines. She's looking to replace coal with cleaner energy and replace those awful dangerous jobs with clean safe ones.

Here is her stance and the complete statement in the context it was said

www.politifact.com...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

No she's not that is true.
But Trump wasn't popular in Utah or Iowa and Ted Cruz wasn't popular in N.Y. and Bernie wasn't popular in Pennsylvania and poor John wasn't popular anywhere. One state won't make or break any of them.
edit on 5112016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join