It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leslie Kean interview with govt insider who says no UFO coverup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The guy speaks rationally and patiently, from a position where he should know, and from a lifetime's private fascination with the UFO subject. Very smooth, if it's all a charade. Very insightful and helpful, if not.

It is unusual for a man of Chris’s stature to speak openly about UFOs, which gives his statements great weight. His positions during the Clinton and Bush administrations involved high clearances; in fact, there are few people who have enjoyed such deep and wide-ranging access to compartmented programs in both the Defense Department (DoD) and the intelligence community. Chris is the recipient of numerous awards, including the National Reconnaissance Office Gold Medal and the Defense Intelligence Agency Director’s Medal.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 5.10.2016 by Kandinsky because: Corrected typo in title, added ex-text and paste

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm not saying it's little green men, but there is a cover up!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
The guy speaks rationally and patiently, from a position where he should know, and from a lifetime's private fascination with the UFO subject. Very smooth, if it's all a charade. Very insightful and helpful, if not.

Here's the gist:

I highly doubt DoD or any other government agency is concealing UFO information. I participated in a comprehensive review of DoD’s black programs and spent over a decade conducting oversight of the national foreign intelligence program, an almost totally separate world of secrets. I visited Area 51 and other military, intelligence and research facilities. During all those years I never detected the faintest hint of government interest or involvement in UFOs.

Mr. Mellon is an actual, bona fide government official. Unlike many "whistleblowers," he was in a position to access the relevant files. He seems absolutely sincere. Cries of "shill!" in 3...2...1....

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The cries of shill would be warranted. For this non(i suppose) whistle blower, i give you Podesta, Clinton's chief of staff for her campaign. He would wholeheartedly disagree. Who is right? We dont know.

Three conclusions.. Perhaps even 4
He is lying
He is telling the truth
He doesn't know due to compartmentalization
He thinks he is telling the truth

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There are other governments though...

And who's to say there aren't private interests at play?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"I highly doubt..."

" As far as I can tell..."

Basic assumptions without real knowledge, or a need to know it seems.

Although I do like this part:

Q. The taboo against taking UFOs seriously is a huge problem. How can we get more government officials to change this ingrained attitude?
A. I think we have to ask ourselves a key question, and then bring it forward. “Are there UFO cases that are sufficiently well-documented to warrant a scientific investigation of the phenomenon?” In my view, the answer is yes.

The patterns in the data are too strong; the reports from credible witnesses separated widely by time and place too similar; the evidence from videos and trained military and law enforcement observers too extensive; and the independent radar data in select cases correlates too highly with visual observations to safely ignore.
Finally, when someone you trust and respect, like a naval aviator, looks you in the eye and tells you he saw something truly extraordinary at close range, it’s hard not to take his testimony seriously. It is arrogant, unreasonable and unwise to dismiss such reports. We should simply and impartially follow the trail wherever it leads.

Me personally, I believe first hand mass witnesses, Army officials and pilots over some man who pushes pens IMO.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I see you quite often on T.V. and you have a beautiful voice. You could have been a singer, (or you might be for all I know.) And you look great in your yellow tie.

But perhaps the "insider" in this event is not far enough "inside"? I think you must be really, really inside
to know the secrets, and that belongs to only a very few, excluding even the Commander in Chief.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I wanted to know what Chris had to say about Hillary Clinton’s implications that the government may be withholding classified UFO documents

I haven't had time to read everything yet because I'm at work, but the first thing that caught my attention was the above comment. It isn't a maybe that government are hiding UFO information, it's proved that they are, a lot of government agencies were implicated years ago by the citizens against UFO secrecy when they submitted FOI requests against them.

The CIA, just like your man here, said there were no files on record, only an independent review of those files proved otherwise. When the files were eventually released they were done so with most of the words blacked out.

So there aren't any maybes as to whether the government is hiding anything, they are hiding, a lot, and by trying to imply they're not they're doing what they always do best, lying.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I would suspect that Mr Mellon is telling it like it is.

Why would people think that the U.S. Government is in a privileged position of having knowledge of Extra Terrestrial U.F.O's. that no other country would have.

When it comes to the possible presence of Alien Visitation to Earth, no one country has more knowledge than any other.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This guy must think he's way in the loop when evidently, he isn't - unless he's a non-truth teller. Our skies have been loaded forever with these incredible vehicles and the government has no knowledge of such things, when they monitor our skies like a hawk?

Baloney me thinks.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: DJW001

The cries of shill would be warranted. For this non(i suppose) whistle blower, i give you Podesta, Clinton's chief of staff for her campaign. He would wholeheartedly disagree. Who is right? We dont know.

Three conclusions.. Perhaps even 4
He is lying
He is telling the truth
He doesn't know due to compartmentalization
He thinks he is telling the truth

Well said. We might all have differing opinions (subject to change) on how we allot the percentages to each of those possibilities, but I, for one, certainly can't put 100% into any one of those buckets.

BTW - Assuming the "Team Maybe" guys are listening, I'm currently shilling for the "Maybe's" so I'll be expecting my $0.02 check for this post!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Considering your's and Kean's history, I am pleased you brought this to our attention. Take home message: unbiased scientific inquiry is the key to possibly unlocking the key to the UFO mystery.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Me personally, I believe first hand mass witnesses, Army officials and pilots over some man who pushes pens IMO.

Believing that first hand witnesses think they saw something strange

and

believing that what they saw was alien, and/or the government knows what they saw was alien

...are two different things.

I trust people THINK they really did see something that they cannot explain, but considering how memory and perception of events can be a tricky thing, that isn't enough evidence to convince me that what they saw was something alien.

edit on 5/10/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
"I highly doubt..."

" As far as I can tell..."

Basic assumptions without real knowledge, or a need to know it seems.

Although I do like this part:

yea, but when some mentalist make a youtube video and say they see ET traveling in time because they saw a flash... it gets stars and flags on ats and the mongs believe him at face value.

Here is a man who was in high positions, openly talking about the compartmentalization and need to know of certain classified info, his credibility is questioned.

a) if ETs or UFO wanted to let the human race to know they exist, no one would be able to stop them. why do people think government can outsmart supposed advanced races and convince them to stay hidden even 1000 years ago, when they could have just landed and no government could do anything.

b) yea, why no UFOs havent just landed in times when mankind didnt have weapons which could fly or were mechanical.

c) how is it NOW theres some cover up, maybe there was illuminati or nwo or whatever back in the 11th century also hiding the UFO phenomenon from the public...

d) why do people think its up to the government when UFO shows themselves up to us... does the government tell them what to do...
how would the government hide every UFOs or contact... if ETs wanted us to be 'aware' of them, when 'abductions' happen, why do 'abductees' remember little or its always obscure. to me thats reasoning leaving me to believe whatever UFO or ETS or whatever, they want nothing to do with us, or dont exist, and never existed.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The guy speaks rationally and patiently, from a position where he should know

He mentions the 2000 sightings by Police in Illinois which is a case that has fascinated me. It sounded to me like the UFO could have been a "rigid hull airship" or basically a type of blimp that can be made into any shape.

Similarly, multiple police officers in Southern Illinois saw an object in January 2000 that looked and behaved very similarly to the Belgian and British UFOs.
So if it was secret DoD technology then to the DoD it wouldn't really be a "UFO" if they already knew what it was, and the idea that it was something military has been around from some time.

However he denies that it could have been military, so if that denial isn't a lie, then his claim that there was no interest in UFOs doesn't make any sense.

I can assure you, those objects did not belong to US Department of Defense.

If that is true, why wouldn't the DoD want to know what was flying around the skies in Illinois in 2000 if it wasn't one of theirs? I think that would be highly irrational of the DoD to take such a position, so his claims don't add up to me.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing the interview. Maybe Leslie Kean asked the wrong person? Should Kean be asking someone from IRAD?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Interesting thread Mr Oberg.

What I find difficult to believe is that for 70 years the US Government, it's allies and even our sworn enemies would keep the lid on a Cosmic Secret. Many nations now have the technology to scour the skies and even peer out into the galaxy.

There was a cover-up instigated in the early 1950s. This was not to hide the fact that aliens crashed at Roswell but merely to dampen the enthusiasm of the general public seeing flying saucers everywhere. These were tense times with the advent of nuclear weapons that could destroy the planet. The NATO alliance was particularly concerned about an intrusion into allied airspace as it could have conceivably have triggered a nuclear exchange. But there was also a concern as to what these flying saucers may be.

After that my impression is that the UFO stories often became a convenient front for testing secret projects. Is it any surprise that once the Cold War ended there are very few 'classic' UFO stories.

I notice Chris Mellon notes 3 cases as being "credible". I don't have enough knowledge on the Belgian UFO Wave in 89/90 to say anything more than it's interesting certainly. Same for the Southern Illinois sighting in 2000.

However the 1993 sightings over England were almost certainly the rocket booster of the Soviet Cosmos 2238 re-entering the earth’s atmosphere, breaking into pieces and then later a police helicopter chasing a stolen vehicle. Unfortunately Nick Pope has chosen to inflate the story as it was the day he started work as Commander in Chief of SHADO

Nick Pope dreaming he is head of the UFO Project

I think there's something, some phenomenon going on, I think people in governments have long thought that as well. But I am not sure they know much more than I do.

edit on 10/5/16 by mirageman because: corrections

edit on 10/5/16 by mirageman because: Added pic

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I dont think the Podesta comparison is completely fair, as far as I know, Podesta has no special knowledge. It appears he merely suspects the govt is covering up. He has never revealed why Bill Clinton couldnt get the answers, or if he did, why he didnt come clean. Ditto for Obama.

Im not an expert on the man, maybe someone has seen an interview I havent. I would be interested if someone could post a link detailing why he thinks there is a cover up.
edit on 13-5-2016 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

If that is true, why wouldn't the DoD want to know what was flying around the skies in Illinois in 2000 if it wasn't one of theirs? I think that would be highly irrational of the DoD to take such a position, so his claims don't add up to me.

I think the key is here

At DoD, Chris served on a small committee that provided oversight of all DoD special access programs, in order to eliminate potential waste and duplication. The oversight included visits to Area 51 and other sensitive facilities.

and in his own words

I recall instances when White House officials sought briefings on highly compartmented DoD programs and were flatly refused. Access to such programs is on a need to know basis.

If we do have recovered craft and they were all being kept somewhere like wright-patterson, to be studied by the same group of people, where is concern over duplicated work?

It seems strange that he would really believe that there is no interest by the DoD, given his own statements, why wouldnt he rather conclude he just wasnt part of the "need to know".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I don't have enough knowledge on the Belgian UFO Wave in 89/90 to say anything more than it's interesting certainly.

/shame shame /naughty finger

I dont see how you could let this could happen! After you check out the Belgian and Illinois case, you still need to check out Leveland and Westall too...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join