It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If God existed, how could he let such horrible things happen to innocent people?"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Anyone can claim to be a prophet of god. People do it all the time so should we listen to them ? People claim to hear from alien civilizations but Christians say that's nonsense yet believe god talked to people because it was recorded a a few thousand years ago.

no, we should all function independantly using logic and reason to determine our course. unfortunately people are selfish, bigotted, stupid, ignorant towards others. i wont dis a prophet if he/she has credible information, but alot of prophesy ends up being less credible than the daily papers horoscope.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

As I read your response the Advertisement on this page happens to be for a psychic. I hate this smart internet.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

If you want someone to love you, I imagine you would want them to freely want you and love you.

God had everything in order, no death or disease in then Garden until we learned the difference between good and evil.

With this and our free will we are free to go down the wrong paths and learn from our mistakes.

As a father I protect my kids, but I have to let them make the wrong decisions in order to learn some life lessons.

God doesnt want coddled snowflakes, but rather people who do see both sides and freely choose Him.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Pinocchio

How exactly is he charming ? Was it his charm that caused him to slaughter the amalekites including children?

Was it his charm to call for those who worked on sabnath to be stoned to death?

Was it his charm to allow unwed women to be raped as long as the victim was purchased by the oerpetraor?

That's not charming. It's sociopathic. And the phony story of the curse has nothing to do with women being attracted to men. It's biological and reproductive.

Don't forget to tell Him that when you see Him.

And how can He let people like Hillary walk around like everything's cool?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: sekerofknowlege

How do animals do good deeds?

In 1968, Lassie dragged Timmy out of the kitchen after gas knocked him out. (Some imbecile turned on the stove and forgot to light it.)

Wasn't he always falling down the well too?

That dog deserves a medal!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: 3n19m470

Maybe if you're Really lucky, you'll be reincarnated as an ant, and be a part of a just and orderly society that actually makes sense!

Maybe ants are really lucky because they're all tuned into the "will of god" through their hive minded colonies. Isn't that what humanity would have been like, exercising no free will, not having disobeyed and eaten the apple, living our lives doing nothing but the will of our hive leader, "god". Like god's angels!

Angels have free will also.

Hence Lucifer and the war.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Angels have free will also.

Hence Lucifer and the war.

Uhm, biblical citation please?

Because in the book of Job, Satan needed God's permission, and gained it in order to cause harm.

edit on 12-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

yes, just like you stress a plant to make the next gen stronger, same for us.
its evolution!
edit on 12-5-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Faith only keeps you down where you won't challenge the true powers in this world.

Go ahead, keep on praying, everything will get better as long as you keep doing what amounts to nothing about anything.

God or no, we still have to be the change we want to see.

Keep making excuses to do nothing substantial about anything because some man in the sky is going to come and save everyone from themselves, keep stabbing your friends in the back and screwing your neighbor's wife, it's all good if you "go get forgiven" for your trespasses, debts, indiscretions......

Yeah, make it better, easier, to live with yourselves...

It's all about you.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Parents actually are involved in their kids lives. The god the father analogy is ridiculous. Would you love your father if he was absent for your entire life?

And then after being absent for many years god says that those who don't love and worship him shall be tortured so badly they seek death but cannot find it. Sounds like a crappy parent to me. In fact a human who did that would be called psychopathic but because it's god it's okay ? Sorry but I'm not buying into this garbage.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'm not worried about meeting a fairy tale myth. It's absurd. Where is this mighty god ? He seems to be on vacation since he sent himself to save his creation from himself. Lol

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

do we infer in the affairs of the ants, no no, Gods busy doin God things, prolly playing cloud golf or sumfin

i love u God ole buddy ole pal
)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If no god existed...what exactly would you expect to happen...aren't those things happening now?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What happens when A.I. comes into realization and those who run the world with disregard for logic, who are greedy and infected with other thoroughly human traits, are no longer needed?.

The machine, the logic circuit will occupy the place that God does now...?...

And it will probably do a way better job if it is allowed to do what it is designed to do.

No more Hierarchical baloney to be considered, just seeing that everyone is treated fairly and given appropriate and adequate consideration regarding all things without excuses to deny anyone anything for any reason.

No more contrived shortages of resources or wealth....

Bla Bla Bla Bla....

edit on 12-5-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: are,are,...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We are a multifractal system of individualized consciousness emerging together. karma is like thermodynamics, it doesnt have to wait until you are dead to make calculations. no matter what you will always emerge as a greater being because you have put time and energy into existence. Negative actions harm yourself in the form of opportunity cost. The dead baby has not wasted its time and doesn't even need to be compensated by any karmic accounting system in its next life, the consciousness grows automatically from experience.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Butterfinger

Parents actually are involved in their kids lives. The god the father analogy is ridiculous. Would you love your father if he was absent for your entire life?

And then after being absent for many years god says that those who don't love and worship him shall be tortured so badly they seek death but cannot find it. Sounds like a crappy parent to me. In fact a human who did that would be called psychopathic but because it's god it's okay ? Sorry but I'm not buying into this garbage.

Probably it's a reference to a "father" State somewhere else.
edit on 16201655amk2016 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Lucifer and the war? That's not even biblical at all. That's merely added folklore and stories to make it sound more awesome.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The premise itself screams for a statistical anylysis. To do that you would have to have stats on the untimely deaths of both "good" people and "bad" people. That data is going to be hard to some up with, but it might be worth a shot. Considering the possibility....

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Have you seen the violence when 2 massive galaxies collide over billions of years? Trillions of entire races mercilessly torn apart, burned and crushed. Yet we whine when a couple million die on Earth in a war caused by ourselves.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
"If God existed, how could he let such horrible things happen to innocent people?"

Ponder;
"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get EXACTLY what we NEED!"

Besides, there is no such thing as a 'premature death'!

What makes you think that this 'God' of the (immature children) imagination 'created' (impossible) the Universe, screwed up, and is constantly diddling around in it to make 'Bob's' desires (prayers) come true like a frikking Genie!!
God doesn't 'let' anything happen, the definition of Omni- means ALL INCLUSIVE!

God IS the Universe, IS the kiddies and fish and you and me and...
There is no 'other'!

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." --Richard Bach

Besides, who are you to 'judge' anything?
How far can YOU see?

I know at least one 'religion' who believes that there is no such thing as an 'innocent person'!

“Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.”
― Rumi

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
--- Rumi

"I say that next to God there is no nobler thing than suffering. Right suffering is the mother of all virtues, for right suffering so subdues the heart, it cannot rise to pride but perforce is lowly." - Meister Eckhart

"Harkee, all rational souls! The swiftest steed to bear you to your goal is suffering; none shall ever taste eternal bliss but those who stand with Christ in depths of bitterness. Nothing is more gall-bitter than suffering, nothing so honey-sweet as to have suffered. The most sure foundation for this perfection is humility, for he whose nature here creeps in deepest depths shall soar in spirit to highest height of Deity.' - Meister Eckhart

"The growth of the soul in man is as that of a pearl in an oyster, both being caused by irritation." - Plato

Pain and Blessing/Bliss are One Reality!
The only difference is a matter of Perspective!
"The immature run from Pain, the Wise find the Blessing within!" - n

"Only a Breaking Heart can Love!" - n

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join