It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's New Muslim Mayor: Extremist or Opportunist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I'm very proud to have him as my mayor. As a Londoner of 30 years as well as an staunch atheist, he was the best choice of candidate by far.

Wait, what? You're an atheist, so vote for the Muslim with strong ties to extremism? Twilight Zone stuff right here.

These days with hatred and intolerance and xenophobia on the rise, this tells the world that Londoners are tolerant and welcoming to all people. I am VERY proud that he was elected. And believe me I have no love for Islam.

So you voted for him so you can pat yourself on the back? Of all the intolerance, hate and xenophobia in the world, it seems to be most heavily concentrate din the Muslim world......

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I'm very proud to have him as my mayor. As a Londoner of 30 years as well as an staunch atheist, he was the best choice of candidate by far.

Wait, what? You're an atheist, so vote for the Muslim with strong ties to extremism? Twilight Zone stuff right here.

These days with hatred and intolerance and xenophobia on the rise, this tells the world that Londoners are tolerant and welcoming to all people. I am VERY proud that he was elected. And believe me I have no love for Islam.

So you voted for him so you can pat yourself on the back? Of all the intolerance, hate and xenophobia in the world, it seems to be most heavily concentrate din the Muslim world......

Yep. He isn't an extremist. In fact he is so liberal that many muslims hate him and have not voted for him. He also supports gay marriage. Yep. im happy with my choice. I'm on my phone otherwise I would post links but it's well known about him.

I can also guess by your post history what your views might be. So im not suprised you are suprised.
edit on 9-5-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: TheBulk

This guy is a extremist who has just been given power!

An " Extremist " but he favours " same sex " marriage.

What kind of extremist is that ?

So he can support suicide bombings and terrorist organizations as long as he accepts at least one tenet of left wing politics?

As soon as he was elected I thought "the anti muslim crowd on ATS will be voicing their fear and anger right now." And look. I was right! Sadly predictable is the appearance and content of this thread

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Is a bit of a lame fuss isn't it, the guy was a defence lawyer, good for him, I've depended on one a few times in my life.
He seems just a normal bloke who happens to be Muslim, although again, all I know is his public face.
If he was Zoroastrian do you reckon anyone would give a #?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

As soon as he was elected I thought "the anti muslim crowd on ATS will be voicing their fear and anger right now." And look. I was right! Sadly predictable is the appearance and content of this thread

I think you'll find that most of the Brits commenting on this really couldn't give a toss about him being Muslim.

As far as I can see there's no reason to suspect he's some sort of secret proponent of Islamic extremism.....however, he is a politician so there is every reason not to trust him.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Is a bit of a lame fuss isn't it, the guy was a defence lawyer, good for him, I've depended on one a few times in my life.
He seems just a normal bloke who happens to be Muslim, although again, all I know is his public face.
If he was Zoroastrian do you reckon anyone would give a #?

Who is surrounded by extremists and who shows up to a lot of extremist meeting conferences.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Who is surrounded by extremists and who shows up to a lot of extremist meeting conferences.

He's a defence lawyer working in his community bubble, same as in my bubble I have relied on a defence lawyer at times.
Sheesh, much Muslim Boogyman silliness in this thread!
I don't live in London though so whatever, it doesn't affect my life.

*Edit*
I expect Londoners lives to be minimally affected as well.
Oh the scary Muslim!! Argh!!! FFS.
edit on 9.5.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's called multiculturalism and it is great for our cultures. Let me introduce you to Canada's Minister of Defense, Harjit Sajjan:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

...... I have relied on a defence lawyer at times.

Ditto.

Sheesh, much Muslim Boogyman silliness in this thread!

Definitely.
I'm no Islamic apologist, not by a long shot, but much of the stuff posted in this thread is just plain scaremongering and only serves to detract from the things we should have genuine concerns about.

I don't live in London though so whatever, it doesn't affect my life.

Yeah, I don't live in London and quite frankly don't really give a toss about the place.
In fact I'd be quite happy if we cut it out and placed it as far away from the UK as possible and then let the rest of us get on with our lives.

I haven't really been following the London Mayor election and with us both living at the geographical extremities of England it's easy to think it has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on either of our lives.....but with the London centric nature of UK / English society I'm sure there will be some sort of effect.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
but with the London centric nature of UK / English society I'm sure there will be some sort of effect.

Nah, in my extremity of England nothing much ever changes.
We are as forgotten and ignored as much as each others extremity English region lol, I actually like it, our world seems much more real.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Sikh's; got to love 'em.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

One thing's for certain; if there is any affect or impact it'll definitely be negative and not in OUR best interests!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah. Some morons can't tell the difference. A Sikh temple was torched here shortly after 911.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You know muslim countries have women heads of state right? Maybe you need to expand what you think the muslim world out of the radical countries like iran and saudi and the war torn ones dominated by a fanatic group.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Only 2.2 million residents voted out of 8.6 million (that's only 25%) in the mayoral election, so it appears the english don't care or place much importance on who is in power....

Really what do you want us to do?
VOTE,VOTE and VOTE !! Only 25% of voters turned out to vote, that's a "lame duck" number, and i bet the muslim voter turnout was close to 100%.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Well, you get what you deserve

a reply to: crazyewok Only 2.2 million residents voted out of 8.6 million (that's only 25%) in the mayoral election, so it appears the english don't care or place much importance on who is in power.... Really what do you want us to do? VOTE,VOTE and VOTE !! Only 25% of voters turned out to vote, that's a "lame duck" number, and i bet the muslim voter turnout was close to 100%.
If only 25% turnout to vote, of course you deserve what you get..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You know muslim countries have women heads of state right? Maybe you need to expand what you think the muslim world out of the radical countries like iran and saudi and the war torn ones dominated by a fanatic group.

He doesn't know that because its clear he knows sweet f*ck all about Muslims and Arab countries. Other than knowing he doesn't like 'em.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I think you'll find that most of the Brits commenting on this really couldn't give a toss about him being Muslim.

As far as I can see there's no reason to suspect he's some sort of secret proponent of Islamic extremism.....however, he is a politician so there is every reason not to trust him.

Yeah, although I'm not sure if endorsement from Donald Trump is a good or a bad thing.....

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Yeah, although I'm not sure if endorsement from Donald Trump is a good or a bad thing.....

www.bbc.co.uk...

And, in response to myself, Khan has rejected Trumps suggestion that he should be treated as an exception - kudos to him

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

And, in response to myself, Khan has rejected Trumps suggestion that he should be treated as an exception - kudos to him

www.bbc.co.uk...

I like this guy already! (Khan)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join