It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's New Muslim Mayor: Extremist or Opportunist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Consider: In 2001, Khan was the lawyer for the American radical Islamist group Nation of Islam, successfully arguing in front of the UK’s High Court to overturn the ban on its leader, Louis Farrakhan. In 2003, Khan appeared at a conference with Sajeel Abu Ibrahim, a member of the banned al-Muhajiroun group that was founded by hate preacher Omar Bakri Muhammad (now prohibited from entering the UK) and led by hate preacher Anjem Choudary (whose many organizations have been said to have contributed “the single biggest gateway to terrorism in recent British history”). Sajeel also ran a terrorist training camp in Pakistan attended by 7/7 bomber Mohammad Sidique Khan. In 2004, Khan testified to the House of Commons as head of the Muslim Council of Britain’s legal affairs committee. As council legal head, Khan argued in parliament that the Muslim Brotherhood’s spiritual leader Yusuf Al-Qaradawi “is not the extremist that he is painted as being.” Qaradawi (also banned in the UK for his extremist views) advocates, among other sharia principles, for wife beating and suicide bombings against Israeli citizens. After the murder of an Ahmadi Muslim in Scotland for wishing his Christian customers a peaceful Easter, the council “condemned” the incident by pointing out that Ahmadis are not Muslims. Khan was the defense lawyer for Zacarias Moussaoui, a 9/11 terrorist and confessed member of Al Qaeda. Khan attended events for the extremist group CAGE and wrote a forward for one of their reports. CAGE is a primary supporter of the Islamic State executioner known as “Jihadi John,” who they described as a “beautiful young man.” Khan appeared on panels with Muslim community leader and cleric Suliman Gani, a supporter of the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL), no less than nine times. In 2010, Khan shamelessly played the Ahmadi card, flaring up sectarian hatred in his reelection bid to the parliament when faced with stiff competition from Nasser Butt, an Ahmadi who had opposed the war in Iraq unlike Khan who had voted in favor of it.
Well, you get what you deserve, the invasion is in full progress.......www.clarionproject.org...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

YESSS WE ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK WHAT HE IS MAKEING POOR LIZZY WEAR!

AND ALREADY LOOK AT BIG BEN!

THE MUSLIM INVASION IS UPON US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
Well, you get what you deserve, the invasion is in full progress.......

When I remove other people's (brick wall of text) content this is all you wrote. You really think this is how to make a thread?

Aren't you going to add anything at all to the topic? Help the discussion along? Give an opinion that actually means something?

Who is getting what they deserve? Why do they deserve it?

Sick of threads like this.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yay a wall of text I will never read.

London mayor is an extremist because he's Muslim? How ignorant.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

It does seem as though he has a somewhat checkered past if we buy into the idea of guilt by association, even if its just a few times.

But it wasnt enough to dissuade Londoners from giving him one of the biggest wins in mayoral history, 57% to 43%.

The accusations which I feel have the least merit are the ones in which they criticize him for "defending terrorists".

In a just society, EVERYONE has the right to a trial and a defense, even someone accused of terrorism.

Otherwise people could be imprisoned (and executed) simply on the whim of government.

In this age of false flag terrorism, patsies, coincidental terrorist exercises, forced confessions, torture and corrupt politicians, governments simply cant be trusted, especially in the US, where innocent men have routinely been sentenced to (and put to) death.

Eighteen people have been proven innocent and exonerated by DNA testing in the United States after being sentenced to death.

edit on 9-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Fanning Muslim hatred to extremes…

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Your NOT a happy little vegetable are you, i will add more, patience is a virtue,remember.......It you don't this thread then go away, easy.....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

YESSS WE ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're cool with an extremist with extremist points of view being the mayor of London? I'm sure you would feel the same way if he were a Nazi.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Where in my post did i SAY that? get a life mate....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yay a wall of text I will never read.

Who said that? Oh right, NOBODY. But alas, this is your chosen tactic of deflection.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Khan’s relationships with extremists ran so deep in fact, that he attended events for the jihadist rights group Cage, and wrote a foreword for one of their reports. Cage has since declared ISIS executioner ‘Jihadi-John’ to be a beautiful man live on the BBC.
Khan’s defence of such a prolific flirtation with Islamism is that he was a human-rights lawyer. However, most of these events were not attended in his capacity as a lawyer at all. One suspects he was simply trying to gain votes.

It was discovered that in 2009 Khan used the racially divisive and derogatory term “Uncle Tom”—on Iranian State TV no less—to describe reforming liberal Muslims, who counter extremism. The question Khan answered here came in specific reference to my own organization, Quilliam.

But this is all ok, because he's not white and extremism is actually progressive when you're not white!

edit on 9-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

S&F for the research you put up in your thread. Thankfully its been a long time since I lived in Forest Hill and I would have no intention in ever going back there to the dirt, grime and crush of the place.

I have two thoughts on this firstly that Khan got in simply because people have had quite enough of Cameron and his tax evading buddies getting primate jobs -(rather liked that auto-alteration to my script and yes, prime was the real intended word). So actually a vote for him was possibly a vote against cameron.

Secondly he is either a sly,hiding closet extremist or he just goes for the money no matter whether its blood/terrorist money or not, neither would ever make him my choice because I wouldn't trust him.

You raised Khan's link to the ugly anjem chaudry and his contribution to terrorism. I understand he lives on benefits yet he is a qualified solicitor. This man thinks all Brits should be killed because of voting for our government concerning their wars in Muslim countries. Personally I would have preferred it if, with all his brain power he clearly can't use, he could actually find the people responsible for the war decisions and go after them, not the public most of whom hated those actions.

I just don't know how London with all its talent could have been left with a contest only between just these two dodge pots.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So you're cool with an extremist with extremist points of view being the mayor of London? I'm sure you would feel the same way if he were a Nazi.

If he start imposing extremist policy’s I will worry. Though MI5 will be on his back.

End of the day he is a UK citizen and has not been found guilty of anything.

You see in the UK we have this thing called "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" you may have heard of it?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You see in the UK we have this thing called "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" you may have heard of it?

WTF are you talking about? He's on record supporting suicide bombings! He;s on record attacking moderate Muslims as "uncle toms"! This guy is a extremist who has just been given power! How idiotic can you be??

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

A " Right Wing " funded organisation attacking a " Left Wing " Mayor.

No surprise there. Time to move on.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

AaaaaAaaaAaaaaAaaaaAaaa - ad infinitum, A MUSLIM! This is a part of the problem, this kind of knee jerk window licking stuff, there are some real problems with the ideology as a whole, but there is a lot of nuance to this conversation, and we miss it all when we freak out about a secular Muslim. Also it prevents the conversation as you are painted as a bigot and racist (rightfully so, though not as nefarious intended as those statements hold) and thus nothing gets solved, you are apart of the problem.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

WTF are you talking about? He's on record supporting suicide bombings! He;s on record attacking moderate Muslims as "uncle toms"! This guy is a extremist who has just been given power! How idiotic can you be??

Ok but I want to see sources other than in the OP.

Not going to hang the man without proper sources.

By the way I would not have voted for him. Im not a labour supporter. But he is a British citzien and was eligible for the role. The public did vote for him. What would you have the UK do? Ban all muslims from voteing or standing for office?
edit on 9-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Ok but I want to see sources other than in the OP.

I provided a source and you are on the internet, so you can easily google it. But why do that, because then you're ideological driven blindness might be lifted. We can't have that.

Are you telling me that a white nazi who supported killing people and was an outspoken racist could get elected Mayor of London and you would be cool with it?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yes, points accepted. There are 607,000 muslims in the London area, that's 40% of all muslim's in England. Only 2.2 million residents voted out of 8.6 million (that's only 25%) in the mayoral election, so it appears the english don't care or place much importance on who is in power, Shame....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ummmm, your title! Duh!

Get a life? What's that got to do with anything? It doesn't, just a lame attack by you.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The title says it all and I'm sure labeling him as a possible extremist has nothing to do with the fact he's Muslim, amirite?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join