It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's New Muslim Mayor: Extremist or Opportunist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

This guy is a extremist who has just been given power!

An " Extremist " but he favours " same sex " marriage.

What kind of extremist is that ?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

. But why do that, because then you're ideological driven blindness might be lifted.

This is UK poltics. We dont attack the person (IE me).

Are you telling me that a white nazi who supported killing people and was an outspoken racist could get elected Mayor of London and you would be cool with it?

No I would not be "cool" with it.

But what option do I have?

This is a Free country. And any UK citizen has the right to office and to vote.
And if the PEOPLE vote for a candidate then that’s the peoples choose.

We have laws in place so that a NAZI or an extremist that abused their office for their ideologies would be very quickly arrested.
Thats all I can do trust the law and law inforcement agencys.

What else would you have me do?
Disfranchise all non-convicted Muslims voters?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

YOU lick Windows do you? The inside or the outside, what's the difference? strange comment, Ha Ha.....

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Actually I suspect they were too busy working or trying to get home after a full day. Looking at the figures you provided it wouldn't be surprising if most who voted weren't working.

I will add even more irritation in that when I went to the gym the other day I was the only English person in there, every one else was a foreigner. When I commented on this, I got a laugh and was told exactly what I put up in the above paragraph. I was also the only one retired the rest were all working age - unless millionaires etc etc or days off of course.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The title says it all and I'm sure labeling him as a possible extremist has nothing to do with the fact he's Muslim, amirite?

It has to do with his Islamic extremist views. You seem to think him being a Muslims gives him a pass to be an extremist.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

This guy is a extremist who has just been given power!

An " Extremist " but he favours " same sex " marriage.

What kind of extremist is that ?

So he can support suicide bombings and terrorist organizations as long as he accepts at least one tenet of left wing politics?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

one tenet of left wing politics?

Same sex marriage is "left wing politics"?

I would have thought FREEDOM OF CHOICE and big government staying out of it acceptable to the right?

Or are we talk Pseudo Jebusss Authoritarian Merican right ?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Can you expand on the entirety of what you wrote in the OP? "Well, you get what you deserve, the invasion is in full progress"

I saw a bunch of quoted text about a guy named Kahn, who is apparently the new mayor of London, but not really any of your thoughts except that they (Londeners, I presume) get what they deserve (because they voted for him?) and that an invasion is in full progress.

Any thoughts on why Londeners chose him to be their mayor, and how this will bring upon them whatever it is they deserve. And what, exactly, do they deserve? What is the invasion in full progress, and how does the election of this mayor positively or negatively effect the goals of said invasion?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Secondly he is either a sly,hiding closet extremist or he just goes for the money no matter whether its blood/terrorist money or not, neither would ever make him my choice because I wouldn't trust him.

I just don't know how London with all its talent could have been left with a contest only between just these two dodge pots.

I think you nailed it TBH, Khan is a poor choice for London but then the opposition was very weak at best. London has a massive immigrant population it was always going to be hard for someone other than a Boris Johnson character to take the victory away from Khan. I also think a lot of his policies are a total pipe dream. If he thinks he can fix the housing crisis in London current position he is in cloud cuckoo land. It is very hard for someone not living in London to have any idea what it is like and I do laugh when people make comments without any real understanding of the issues.

I would not be surprised if the next Mayor comes in to a complete mess, many people did not like Boris Johnson but he did a half decent job which for a politician is about the very best we can expect sadly.

Brexit is just around the corner and it will be interesting to see "if" we leave (I would put my money on it regardless of what the actual vote says we will be staying) what impact it will have as I think London will feel the effects far more than the rest of the country. I think anyone with half a brain will be able to work out there will be more homes in London for people if we are not letting thousands and thousands of people in each year, I just hope that people get the vote right and get us out...

RA

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So many terrorists associated with the same man, not a coincidence.
This shows an organized effort in terror. This man has risen in the ranks from defender of the accused to being placed into politics.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I saw a bunch of quoted text about a guy named Kahn, who is apparently the new mayor of London, but not really any of your thoughts except that they (Londeners, I presume) get what they deserve (because they voted for him?) and that an invasion is in full progress.
?

Not speaking for someone else but my understanding would be that if London did not have a large Muslim demographic then the chances of Khan winning would have been small and he would have no doubt just been there to make up numbers as his policies where fairly weak at best. It is not by chance that a high Muslim population voted for a Muslim Mayor.

Regarding the invasion statement maybe it was due to in many parts of London (Most?) that if you are of white christian heritage then you are the minority by a large percentage?..

RA

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I would have thought FREEDOM OF CHOICE and big government staying out of it acceptable to the right?

What are you talking about? Big government is forcing this on the institution. If I had my way government would be out of the business completely.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I came for the comments mostly.. not really sure what to think.

His past ties to certain organizations make me wonder but I haven't seen any hard evidence that he is himself an "extremist"

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Any thoughts on why Londeners chose him to be their mayor, and how this will bring upon them whatever it is they deserve. And what, exactly, do they deserve? What is the invasion in full progress, and how does the election of this mayor positively or negatively effect the goals of said invasion?

It should be obvious, but I'm really starting to learn that you guys are seemingly in a trance state.

If you elect Islamic extremists, it's likely they will eventually outnumber you OR you will join their ranks.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

His past ties to certain organizations make me wonder but I haven't seen any hard evidence that he is himself an "extremist"
Because supporting suicide bombings and attacking moderate Muslims with racial slurs is totally not extreme. Honestly, do you guys think being obtuse as possible is a redeeming quality?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If you elect Islamic extremists, it's likely they will eventually outnumber you OR you will join their ranks.

What he going todo? go round rapeing London women to implaint them with little Jihadi babbies to outnumber us?

Really what do you want us to do?

He legally stood for election and legally got elected! In the UK unlike the USA we follow the rule of law. Dont care for him one bit as he is a labour lefty but he was LEGALLY voted in. Unless he BREAKS the law we cant LEGALLY do anything.
edit on 9-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Because supporting suicide bombings and attacking moderate Muslims with racial slurs is totally not extreme. Honestly, do you guys think being obtuse as possible is a redeeming quality?

Again I ask you?

Really what do you want us to do?

He legally stood for election and legally got elected! In the UK unlike the USA we follow the rule of law. Dont care for him one bit as he is a labour lefty but he was LEGALLY voted in. Unless he BREAKS the law we cant LEGALLY do anything.

I dont "support" him polically. But he WAS LEGALLY ELECTCED.

Do you want us to suspend the legal election process?

Wisk him off to a black site for some secret tortue?

Send some police round to shoot him on sight?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Extremist views? Only in the mind of right wing nutters.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I've obviously stepped through the Twilight Zone this morning, so I'm just going to back out and try to salvage this day.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Support of suicide bombings isn't extreme? Attacking moderate Muslims as traitors isnt extreme?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join