It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Makes Link Between Constellations and Position of Mayan Cities

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Onesmartdog

Analyses from satellites in different space agencies have revealed that there was indeed a pyramid and thirty buildings at the precise location identified by the young man.

Wow interesting jump, expecially as no pyramids have ever been discovered on the continent

??? what do you call the Pyramid of the Sun and Moon ,
Unless are you thinking of the the Same type of Structure as the Giza Pyramids ?

I assume it Depends on what your thinking of what Pyramids are ..

Pyramid of the Sun
en.wikipedia.org...

Pyramid of the Moon
en.wikipedia.org...

Chinese pyramids ---------( Burial Mounds )
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 32016WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago5131 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

that's just an article of someone down-playing the find, still no facts

If there's no facts, there's no find.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

speculation is only for the more trained, passionate minds. Facts are just a backbone.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's not an article downplaying the find. It's an article calling out the media for running with something that isn't substantiated and reiterating that without visual verification from boots on the ground it's wildly irresponsible to declare the site home to a temple complex and at least 30 buildings as initial reports have done. They even go so far as to commend the kid for his enthusiasm for archaeology and the Maya and maintain that it is the media and so called "experts" who are being irresponsible with this pronouncement because the announcement isn't science. Sending a team in to verify the existence of structures or confirm that it's an unused corn field would be much more in line with due diligence and proper scientific inquiry.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

yeah the article could be right, we will have to wait and see. It could also just be an internet hoax however I believe someone mentioned it was on the news...in English.

Only certain types of people would be interested in this, most people do not care. I think its fascinating and hope that there is something there to help us to understand our history better, or even rewrite history.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: veracity

It's not an article downplaying the find. It's an article calling out the media for running with something that isn't substantiated and reiterating that without visual verification from boots on the ground it's wildly irresponsible to declare the site home to a temple complex and at least 30 buildings as initial reports have done. They even go so far as to commend the kid for his enthusiasm for archaeology and the Maya and maintain that it is the media and so called "experts" who are being irresponsible with this pronouncement because the announcement isn't science. Sending a team in to verify the existence of structures or confirm that it's an unused corn field would be much more in line with due diligence and proper scientific inquiry.

WOW Long winded Huh..

at least you could of Said ...

They should of placed the Word POSSIBLE Pyramids , Lost Cities , Ruins

Speculation , Theories , A Could Be ... Though...

Just need to be Confirmed !

Grab a Machete! LOL

Be Armed ! you know Savages , Natives that never been contact by a White Man!!

Treasure Hunters would be on too this ...

Indiana Jones, Theme playing in the Background !

I Wish!

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Golden Idol and Boulder Scene
www.youtube.com...

edit on 32016WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago5131 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I initially gave this thread a flag & a star when I read it but once I delved into the story a little deeper I was disappointed to find very little veracity in the way it was reported.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
I don't speak French so until I see an English source and can verify it, I'd have to remain skeptical.

Because if it's not in English it didn't happen, our news sources are the end all be all.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There are plenty of different sources now. Even a short 27 sec video of the kid talking to a reporter showing his map. The consenses of many of the Archaeologists is that the kid has a bright future, but some of his findings could be wrong and that the original story was poorly written. The satellite picture could be an over grown corn field.

Waiting to see if a paper is published and the put boots on the ground to investigate this site.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well, here's an interesting twist, if it turns out to be true:

Parts of That 'Lost Maya City' Might Actually Be a Marijuana Grow-Op

We’ve now heard from an anthropologist from the University of California San Diego’s Mesoamerican Archaeology Laboratory who’s actually seen this area with his own eyes. “We’ve visited them, and my grad students know them quite well,” explained Geoffrey E. Braswell to Gizmodo. “They’re not Maya pyramids.”

Braswell and his colleagues are familiar with this remote part of Mexico because they’re collaborators on a German-Mexican archaeological project near the area, one led by Nikolai Grube from the University of Bonn and Antonio Benavides from Insitituto Nacional de Antropología e Historia.

“They’re either abandoned cornfields, or active marijuana fields,” he told Gizmodo. Intriguingly, marijuana operations are common in the area.

In the article, it states that one of these scientists has physically been to at least part of this area, recognizes it, and is positive that it's nothing more than fields. I'm leaning towards the same conclusion, based on the available information. The question now, is whether or not these are corn fields, or part of a grow operation. In either case, I'm not holding my breath for anything terribly significant.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Well, here's an interesting twist, if it turns out to be true:

Parts of That 'Lost Maya City' Might Actually Be a Marijuana Grow-Op

We’ve now heard from an anthropologist from the University of California San Diego’s Mesoamerican Archaeology Laboratory who’s actually seen this area with his own eyes. “We’ve visited them, and my grad students know them quite well,” explained Geoffrey E. Braswell to Gizmodo. “They’re not Maya pyramids.”

Braswell and his colleagues are familiar with this remote part of Mexico because they’re collaborators on a German-Mexican archaeological project near the area, one led by Nikolai Grube from the University of Bonn and Antonio Benavides from Insitituto Nacional de Antropología e Historia.

“They’re either abandoned cornfields, or active marijuana fields,” he told Gizmodo. Intriguingly, marijuana operations are common in the area.

In the article, it states that one of these scientists has physically been to at least part of this area, recognizes it, and is positive that it's nothing more than fields. I'm leaning towards the same conclusion, based on the available information. The question now, is whether or not these are corn fields, or part of a grow operation. In either case, I'm not holding my breath for anything terribly significant.

Well, hell that's even better !

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That is DEFINITELY an unusual twist to this story, if true. Sucks for the kid. Although, somehow I still think he will be successful one way or another.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Onesmartdog

I'm considering exactly what you've written. It could very well be a coincidence that the plotted area is indeed not an archaeological site. I only hope that this teenager's spirit for research is strong enough to stick it out. He is off to a great start. If he is proved wrong, I hope all the attention doesn't tarnish his dreams.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Analyses from satellites in different space agencies have revealed that there was indeed a pyramid and thirty buildings at the precise location identified by the young man.

Wow interesting jump, expecially as no pyramids have ever been discovered on the continent

Unless are you thinking of the the Same type of Structure as the Giza Pyramids ?

pyramid - a monumental structure with a square or triangular base and sloping sides that meet in a point at the top, especially one built of stone as a royal tomb in ancient Egypt.

They are called pyramids, but they are pyramidal, the "Pyramid" of the sun for instance, never came to a point at the top, it had a temple which is now missing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

pyramid - a monumental structure with a square or triangular base and sloping sides that meet in a point at the top, especially one built of stone as a royal tomb in ancient Egypt.

They are called pyramids, but they are pyramidal, the "Pyramid" of the sun for instance, never came to a point at the top, it had a temple which is now missing.

WOW !! Seriously ... a Strait Book Kind of guy ..

you might want to tell Wikipedia and some other sites they are WRONG then ..

ohh for that matter the Smithsonian institute too ( kinda hard to Argue with them )

Ancient Pyramids Around the World
No matter if the civilization was Mesopotamian, Egyptian, or Mayan, its legacy today is in part marked by towering pyramids
www.smithsonianmag.com...

So Guess the Whole World is Wrong calling them a Pyramid as these Structures do not come to a Sharp Point ..

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I ddin't read through the whole thread but i thought i read on snopes this was a proven hoax

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So Guess the Whole World is Wrong calling them a Pyramid as these Structures do not come to a Sharp Point ..

Waffle all you like
This is the accepted definition
a monumental structure with a square or triangular base and sloping sides that meet in a point at the top, especially one built of stone as a royal tomb in ancient Egypt.

as for the article, its all over the place
would you include ziggurats as pyramids ?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Mate, monumental as a secondary, third, fourth or who knows what number in the finish but primarily they are built to last stargates, which run on natural elements and their chemical/physical reactions.
I think missing from the top is the device which similary sat atop of eds castle tripods enabling the two poles to combine creating a limitless power source capable of a great deal more than most peoples imagination could conjure.
GP and all other major pyramids including on other planets was built deliberately to transport anyone home after serving their time on earth, hence why no bodys have ever been found inside and there respective astrological alignments.
I believe without doubt they are stargates built out of materials that do not so easily follow the ashes to ashes principal thus giving humanity every chance no matter how many generations or global wipeouts
to get it right and live green and clean.
However matter is not totally resistant and time is taking its toll, although through understanding how the GP works we can implement new ways to achieve this ( philly exp, ed, tesla etc) once humanity is wiped its back to the good old GP to uphold the hope, crop circles just doesn't cut it from what we see regardless of there importance ( the real ones).
So in finish i could go on and on but i think any intelligent mind knows im onto it.
FLEXIBLE MAGNETIC SPECTRUM. Three very underrated words. Oh theres that number again. (3).
Incidentally this is my first post ever, on any site.
Hope you all enjoyed the realisation it provides.
May your pennies drop.

edit on 19-6-2016 by ALSTA because: Suppose to be reply to murduk

edit on 19-6-2016 by ALSTA because: Suppose to be reply to Marduk

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Waffle all you like
This is the accepted definition
a monumental structure with a square or triangular base and sloping sides that meet in a point at the top, especially one built of stone as a royal tomb in ancient Egypt.

as for the article, its all over the place
would you include ziggurats as pyramids ?

Short Answer : Yeah I do, There is Some, that are More of a Resemblance to Step Pyramids
like in Egypt and in Indonesia

Zigguarats are Not Tombs, there were Living Quarters & Conference Halls .. of the Most High ...
for ME..

The Pyramid of the Sun and the Moon, pretty much looks like a Combination
of a Zigguarat and a Step Pyramid ( The Pyramid of the Sun once had a Temple on Top of it )
like what Zigguarats in the Middle east had

Like in Indonesia , That has the Obvious look of a Mayan Temple and a Egyptian Step pyramid

The Precolumbian Mayan & Aztec were Both Tombs and Temples of Worship
The Chinese Pyramids ( Mounds ) were Definitely were Tombs although
some had Caucasian's within the Tombs ..

Long Answer : No

when both Combined the Results is this

Well to me anyways ..

I guess you dont see that ...
and its right in front of you..

or you have a slight problem
with the Culture and Time Frame
to have any connection .. ?
as Most do..

and I can relate to that ,
but if you follow the Trail from Egypt Middle east ( Sumerian/Assyrian/Babylonian )
INDIA , China , South East Asia , Indonesia , to Easter Island to Peru and up to Mexico
I tend to see a Culture Change and Building change .... within Millenniums
although it Complete different of once it stood for ...

I see as Structure Design Art passed down from the Hand of the original Builder to Many
different Cultural Hands using it for different Reasons ..

for me i see a Old world to the New World Connection ( Pacific )

There is resemblance of the Two from pottery alone should give you the clue..

and No Im not saying The Aztec Mayan or Incas are genetically related , there is no evidence
they could of learned ( adopted ) methods from early Travelers or Settlers.. the same as evidence of Vikings in North America Newfoundland Canada and traces of evidence of Long houses that my Own Native People that has the Close to the Same type of Method of Building Long Houses

Iroquois Mohawk Long house

Viking ( Dressed reenactment )

See my Post from a Different Thread for my Pics for Comparison
of Viking and the Iroquois Nation

Possible Longhouse ruins of Viking era found !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just as well the same thing happend in Mexico , Central and South America

Well hopefully we will see if this Boy is Right about his Theory
about a ruin being there .. in the Thick Niches of the Location,

and if he is right ?? I can see Science all around the world
are going to use his method.. to locate Possible Ruins ..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join