It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Makes Link Between Constellations and Position of Mayan Cities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I haven't a clue, but as I understand it, the Mayan constellations he's been working with aren't the same we're familiar with from "our" current system (of ancient Greek origin?? -not sure on that) but constellations specific to the Mayan civilization.

I would love to know all about which stars correspond to which cities, and the related mythologies / beliefs, etc. Maybe we're a step closer to developing that knowledge now.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Check out his charts behind him.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: cooperton

I haven't a clue, but as I understand it, the Mayan constellations he's been working with aren't the same we're familiar with from "our" current system (of ancient Greek origin?? -not sure on that) but constellations specific to the Mayan civilization.

I would love to know all about which stars correspond to which cities, and the related mythologies / beliefs, etc. Maybe we're a step closer to developing that knowledge now.

I did find this,

www.scielo.org.mx...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I think that the chances are "if" there is something buried in that forest, and it took many many years to discover it, the entire world would be very interested in hearing about it.

Signed,
optimistic joe

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
yea, i saw this on the news in france yesterday.. interesting stuff! good one for you first post

haha, even on french tv they had subtitles for the quebec style of speaking the language..

it's even hard for me to understand everything they say also, but they have good things to say regardless!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is one of the more solid threads I've ever seen on ATS, and to think for once no debunking and name calling just a bloody good thread about an interesting topic.

The Independant

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Onesmartdog

Impressive kid if true

Go for scholarship

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well, if Cayce made a prophecy that turns out to be true...quote]

Well, I'm not a big believer that the Bimini Road has anything to do with Atlantis--I was very hopeful as a younger person, but as years have gone by and very little has been accomplished in proving that it is part of a sunken city, let alone the city of Atlantic, I'm going to have to deduce that Cayce was wrong.

Side note--my wife lived in Hopkinsville, KY, for a few years of her life. It's where Cayce was born and grew up. I never did take the time to visit his grave, though--I wonder if he knew that I never would?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
Didnt edgar cayce predict in the latter days that their would be 3 big archeology discovery's that would be 3 vast libraries of the true history of the human race. One of those places he said would be in the yucatan area, another under the sphinx in Egypt and the third i cant quite recall, i think it was in the rise of atlantis around the bimini road?

Not sure but a great thread OP and a great discovery for this 15 year old. This is something i will be following closely

Just thought id add i did a quick google search, edgar cayce predicted that 3 halls of records would be discovered, 1 being in the yucatan. It would detail the lost civilisation of atlantis and the true history of mankind.

Man im well excited now, this thread has made my day and its only midday

totally stoked, its coming true, Atlantis will be proven, Yaayayyayayaya

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

totally stoked, its coming true, Atlantis will be proven, Yaayayyayayaya

Wow, if I had a dollar every time I heard some delusional nut make an unsubstantiated claim about fiction....

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

boy, if I had a dollar for every dumb skeptic that blabs on and on....

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

No, the real issue is that if angels taught JavaScript to mankind... which kind of angel were they?

Object oriented, bit coded angels, of course

I was thinking more of the fallen kind.

: maniacal laughter: and we will cause popup windows that are very difficult to close! ahahhaha

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Marduk

boy, if I had a dollar for every dumb skeptic that blabs on and on....

My intelligence isn't in question here, yours is, so you can "dumb sceptic" all you like, but that would leave you open to be shown to be a complete fool by a dumb sceptic then wouldn't it, like you have been so far in pretty much every post you've made here, are you in denial, or just delusional ?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

This is an English version of this story.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

It is called 'geomancy' and there are many examples of it in the world.

Chaco Canyon (and the surrounding 'cities' that were made. This could be the Mayan because nobody knows who built the places), Great Pyramids (why has no one looked for the 'Sirius' pyramid?), Provence, Mexico City (that was the point of The Cygnus Mystery book) and some have argued that both Paris and Washington D.C. are also laid out in such a manner.

OP, I love it! So the kid has a hypothesis about the cities being laid out following the constellations. He then predicts that there is one missing. And using "real" scientific instruments proves his hypothesis by finding the "lost" city! See, you can be a kooky "conspiracy theorist" and actually prove your theory! A true cross of science and religion!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted already - the BBC have also just posted an article on this :

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople
Apologies if this has been posted already - the BBC have also just posted an article on this :

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thank you for sharing that ! Here is an image from that article showing the pyramid .

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onesmartdog

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thank you for sharing that ! Here is an image from that article showing the pyramid .

The paper called it a man made structure, why did you call it a pyramid ?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Dear Marduk,

The paper called it a man made structure, why did you call it a pyramid ?

An assumption on my part. Probably from this quote from the original article I posted here.

Analyses from satellites in different space agencies have revealed that there was indeed a pyramid and thirty buildings at the precise location identified by the young man.

edit on 10-5-2016 by Onesmartdog because: Have no idea why the reply did not work. LOL !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join