It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Makes Link Between Constellations and Position of Mayan Cities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: OP

The book of Enoch says men were taught _javascript:returndiscernment of the stars by the angels in a world prior to this one. if that is true, it would
account for a lot of the nonsense we're sippoesed to believe. Nonsense that just doesn't seem to ring like truth.

Nonsense like "prior worlds", and "angels" teaching us about stars (which anyone can observe for themselves, sans teacher)? Yeah, I'd have to agree.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

No, the real issue is that if angels taught JavaScript to mankind... which kind of angel were they?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Onesmartdog

I'm very fascinated by this correlation.
I wonder why exactly the Mayans did this.
The idea had to predate the establishment of their cities, which is mind boggling.

Thank you for sharing, it's a great first thread.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Can you imagine the kind of control someone had over the population to make cities happen in specific locations?

If anyone knows of any really good study material on this subject, please let me know by replying to this post or sending me a PM.

Thanks,
Snarl

It was an extremely strict society. Any time you have strict societies you usually end up with that type of obedience among the populace (they tend to be highly performing too).

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is pretty amazing and almost a case of "duh, why didn't we think of this before".

The ancients (I include all civilizations on this) strongly believed in "gods" and stars and it makes perfect sense that they would try and appease the gods with civilizations that match the constellations.

So much is lost today, but the stars and constellations were worshipped back then.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It was on the news here in Canada in English

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

It was on the news here in Canada in English

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nice.

Very interesting. As was mentioned previously, it is hard to build a city in an exact place that maps to a constellations, because cities usually get build near trade routes and ports or easily fortified positions. Cities form naturally. It's unusual for someone to say, we're going to build a city here for no other reason than it matches our star charts. Could that have been one reason for the decline of this civilization? They had trade route/logistical problems and some cities were unnaturally hard to defend?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

This is awesome, both in how the Maya created their "microcosm" of the heavens. "Micro" being relative, of course, as it consisted of, apparently, over 100 cities. As well as the find itself. This young man discovered an ancient city without expending a single travel dollar or lifting a single shovel.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Shows how little archeologists think of ancient cultures. In before Aliens did it. I am surprised it wasn't checked out earlier given that what went on in the sky was a huge deal to the Mayans.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Most of the Ancient Civilization Ruins have some kind of constellation
around the Globe.. Besides the Pyramids` in Peru and Egypt
and Ancient Observatory's it nice to see where there could be possible Ruins
in certain Locations and seem like this 15 year old French Canadian
Kid is on the money I Swear i mention something like this
a Long time a go in A Post Somewhere on ATS ... about constellations

One Should Look for Constellations in the Ley Lines of Ireland UK and
Europe ( Spain, France & Germany ) see if anything matches UP...

I still think that some kind of Civilization traveled within thousands of Years
changing their Culture Structure in time.. passing and changing hands of Knowledge
from the latest to the Earliest from Sumeria , Egypt Iran Iraq India ,
South West Asia Balinese, Indonesia to Easter Island
to the Shores of the New World .. close of the same technological
Building methods yet 1,000 of years Apart let alone Oceans Apart..
The Sea People..

Maya and Egyptian Pyramids: A Hidden Connection?
An Egyptologist and a Mayanologist explore the pyramid connection.
www.psychologytoday.com...

Mayan & Assyrian Connection: the mysteries of Cetho Temple, Sukuh & Penataran Temple in Indonesia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Mayan Tamil/Sanskrit Connection
unantha.blogspot.com...

Suppressed By Scholars: Twin Ancient Cultures On Opposite Sides Of The Pacific
www.richardcassaro.com...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I would like them to try this in other parts of the world. Makes me wonder, did they light huge fires in these places to emulate the night sky in hopes of a return visitor?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wow !

If this doesn't prove that many ancient civilizations truly were master astronomers, mathematical magicians, and engineering geniuses... I don't know what does.

What an amazing find for this kid... he's got one helluva fantastic career ahead of him.

This could be the start of a whole new way of searching out and discovering more lost civilizations around the world. Hell, it could be the start of a whole new branch of science for all we know.

Wouldn't that be something ?!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

No, the real issue is that if angels taught JavaScript to mankind... which kind of angel were they?

I have no idea how I managed that one.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Awesome find/OP ...

Not to take anything away form the veeery bright kid, but the idea is old.

Didn't one of the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail find a huge, perfect pentagram in Southern France? And another incorporating Delphi... for instance?

Hmmmm...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Awesome find/OP ...

Not to take anything away form the veeery bright kid, but the idea is old.

Didn't one of the authors of Holy Blood, Holy Grail find a huge, perfect pentagram in Southern France? And another incorporating Delphi... for instance?

Hmmmm...

I don't know, did they?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Ermmm Michael Baigent was his name, I think.. .and the pentagram was made from old sites in Provence, if bad memory serves... with another connecting holy sites in Greece/Southern Europe.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

Object oriented, bit coded angels, of course

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

Does anyone know what constellation this is resembling?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: ipsedixit

Does anyone know what constellation this is resembling?

We will when they release the original papers . So, I patiently wait, twiddling my thumbs.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join