It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans' Distracted By The Bathroom Wars While 3 Nuclear Disasters Unfold

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
While all of us were online clashing over the "bathroom Wars".We had three nuclear disasters that occurred.
One of the disasters was at Turkey Point,one of the power plants was found to be leaking polluted water
into Biscayne Bay.
In N.Y. a power plant has been leaking since the new year.Worker's accidentally spilled water containing
hydrogen isotope tritium.Which caused a massive spike in radiation in ground water wells. One well saw
an increase in radioactivity of about 65,000%.
Maybe next time we are kept focused on a topic we should look around a bit and see what is being hidden
from us.

www.naturalblaze.com...

+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

The notion that this is some kind of "deliberate distraction" is a bit of a fallacy when you start to wonder how a Republican governor would suddenly do his bit to help his democrat colleagues in power to supposedly "cover up" something with a bill that's only going to damage his own state to the tune of potentially billions of $'s in lost revenue.

The fact is that American's don't like complicated news. Just like plenty of other populations they prefer to be spoon fed the issue of the day to get angry about, and the simpler it is the better.

You might as well be asking why so many people are more interested in what a Kardashian is doing right now than TTIP, or NATO, or North Korea... these are all COMPLEX things that the public doesn't really have much of an interest in.

The same for these instances you show. To understand what's going on here someone would have to read another ten articles about what the problems are and what the terminology actually means. The public just isn't that interested in it, no conspiracy needed.

+19 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Bottom line...Nearly all the threads getting a lot of attention had something to do
with that bathroom issue!
We at ATS should know better and start wondering what could be going on when
the U.S. focus is being distracted by such a ridiculous issue.

+12 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Indian Point, the plant in New York, is on the local news quite regularly here.

These do not have to be mutually excusive issues, I can follow Indian Point and the religious nutters who care where people take a whiz.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Might be because bathroom issues are more likely to effect us than these nuclear problems.

But then again, pc social issues are the highest priority to the left.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Indian Point, the plant in New York, is on the local news quite regularly here.

These do not have to be mutually excusive issues, I can follow Indian Point and the religious nutters who care where people take a whiz.

I clicked when I saw you replied to this thinking that you beat me to the snarky, "most of my bathroom visits are nuclear disasters" comment.
But yeah, if people only knew the condition of the reactors around them...I grew up in the plains about twenty miles away from a reactor that barely passes inspection every year. Never publicized. The Internet has made the information more accessible, but it still takes some digging.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Might be because bathroom issues are more likely to effect us than these nuclear problems.

Funny...the right seems to be passing all of the laws and creating the stir.
And they're for getting government out of people's lives.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I clicked when I saw you replied to this thinking that you beat me to the snarky, "most of my bathroom visits are nuclear disasters" comment.

I hear the men's room can be a disaster but I use the women's room since it is cleaner and they typically do not pee on the seats.

+6 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I think the source is being a little hyperbolic.

The one in Missouri, is a garbage fire that could reach an area that stores nuclear waste, eventually. But there is already a plan in place to ensure that doesn't happen.

The spill at the NY plant was spilled in the plant, the well that is "65000%" above normal was a monitoring well in the plant and not in the water table or drinking water.

No amount of tritium is good, but I couldn't call that a nuclear disaster.

And the one in Florida is leaking salt water and phosphorus mostly, though there is a negligible amount of tritium. Though tritium is bad, it's a tiny amount, but not zero so it's better to admit it than hide it.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but none of these are "nuclear disasters".

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

They couldn't have hidden it to well.

Just sayin. ...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The spill at the NY plant was spilled in the plant, the well that is "65000%" above normal was a monitoring well in the plant and not in the water table or drinking water.

Thanks for the explanation. I was going to ask where the pictures of everything turned to ash were..

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yeah, admittedly so, you've basically just admitted that the "evil left" are more interested in collective progress and the rights of all than the conservatives are, who seem more interested in inflicting their religious and moralistic notions on others when those things have absolutely no impact on their own rights and freedoms

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to everyone.

I think most here would be proud to consider themselves to be a part of a liberal and progressive society rather than the dogmatic, religiously led and authoritarian selfishness we have come to expect from the right

edit on 5-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I wouldn't know a Kardashian if I fell over one. Don't categorise all of us.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The article said nuclear disasters and I think any kind of leakage,no matter
how little is leaked,is still a disaster.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In the words of modest mouse : "these bathroom concerns are all I ever learned to really be concerned about"

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Typically they all pee on the seat because they hover they don't sit. Lol. Finding a dry seat is near impossible if it's a busy rest stop.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Yeah, admittedly so, you've basically just admitted that the "evil left" are more interested in collective progress and the rights of all than the conservatives are, who seem more interested in inflicting their religious and moralistic notions on others when those things have absolutely no impact on their own rights and freedoms

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to everyone.

I think most here would be proud to consider themselves to be a part of a liberal and progressive society rather than the dogmatic, religiously led and authoritarian selfishness we have come to expect from the right

Most here come from all backgrounds and beliefs.
And I know MANY members that would not consider themselves part of a liberal and progressive society, and vehemently oppose such a society.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Well, when 'They" see the bombs headed overhead, I'd opine their bathroom duty (pun intended) will be in their pants, so it IS a non-issue...

I also think We should get back to "Nature" ala 'The Bear Question' That is: "Does the bear go sh-t in the woods"? and discounting the smart aleck who answers "Not when He has to pee..." defense.. We should ALL 'go' in the woods.

I'd also wager it would be healthier than the Monsanto™ poison added to our (The Serf) food chain...

Plus, no papes needed.. Win/Win

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Maybe next time we are kept focused on a topic we should look around a bit and see what is being hidden
from us.

Just "next" time? How about ALL the time???

Not to discount the importance of the nuclear plant issues, but there are many many issues being hidden from us while we are kept fighting and hating and blaming each other. It's the name of the game. We would do better to understand that any time and every time we're pitted against each other that we're compounding our own problems and enabling and empowering those who cause our problems.... regardless of race, religion or political party.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Great post and totally relevant point. The masses are engaged in mental trivia while the world as we know it is visibly collapsing around us. Talk about fideling while Rome burns. The Evangelical Christian right wing know nothings cannot even comprehend that the "God" they claim to believe in has given them free will by which they will be judged. Free will -
NOT fatalistic faith in His intervention. And if, like me, you do not believe then all we have to go on is a rational lust for survival. How the # can we break the spell which has paralyzed this great nation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join