It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans' Distracted By The Bathroom Wars While 3 Nuclear Disasters Unfold

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Jeffgwilliker
It's humorous seeing all of these proud-to-be leftys come to a thread about how everyone is distracted by tranny bathrooms, and try to derail the thread on multiple occasions by peppering their personal opinion on the subject that is the distraction throughout the thread, and somehow people who hold strong religious values are to blame for that too I suppose. Proving OP right. 100 percent. You're incapable of discussing anything besides the "bathroom issue". I feel like the last time I heard that phrase I was in kindergarten...

The whole thread is a distraction.

OP has an issue with LGBT. This thread is meant to trivialize the needs and Equal Treatment of LGBT.

You are right ,this thread is meant to trivialize the BATHROOM WARS. Since the BATHROOM WARS
has nothing of any value to the supposed special needs and equal treatments of LGBT.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Have every store install one single occupancy bathroom (apart from the ones set up for handicapped people).

Problem solved.

Next pressing issue?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Have every store install one single occupancy bathroom (apart from the ones set up for handicapped people).

Problem solved.

Next pressing issue?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This whole thing reminds me of this:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth Sadly mamabeth the unaware ARE easily distracted. Now for example unconfused kids will be even more confused 👀 Makes 1 question the adults integrity here, as it seems now adult issues are being placed upon the youth
Like why do kids got to be confused because many adults are...
Anyway not trying to hurt feelings or beliefs IM JUST SAYEN

edit on 5/6/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13 Activates flame retardants skins & continues on as a Draconaz wearing Wolfs clothing dressed in a Sheeps raincoat...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: watchitburn

The article said nuclear disasters and I think any kind of leakage,no matter
how little is leaked,is still a disaster.

It's not a popular subject. The information is there if you know where to look, and care. I would be interested in more information about the "plan that is in place" to prevent a disaster in St. Louis. While it may be best not to panic anyone just yet, none of what I've read suggests anyone knows what to do. We are living in a period of grace, as it is. Last Fall worries were that the underground garbage fire could reach the nuclear waste dump as early as December 1st. They are separated by less than 100 yards and they can't even risk digging a trench and filling it with concrete or rock (or mixture of both). The last thing they want to do is let the fire get access to more oxygen.

Then there's the plant down on the Gulf coast that had two incidents within five days back in early January. Officially, there was nothing to worry about, but any time you have to vent steam to bring the pressure down the steam needs to go somewhere.

Not looking to start any arguments. If in doubt of a situation locally it doesn't hurt to check here: www.netc.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Where was this bathroom issue 30 years ago? Transgender didn't magically appear over night. Other countries look at us like a full blown buffoon.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: errck
Where was this bathroom issue 30 years ago? Transgender didn't magically appear over night. Other countries look at us like a full blown buffoon.

AGAIN, this started when a transgender teen in public school was outed by paranoid parents of other kids.

The transgender teen and parents publicly fought back through the media. There has since been others.

There has always been transgenders, just like there's always been homosexuals/lesbians, etc.

The Social Atmosphere and laws were not safe or conducive for them to publicly fight for their rights.

edit on 6-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nuclear power is just f$cking retarded.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Nuclear power is just f$cking retarded.

Ya think maybe people can choose to just get by on less?

What a concept.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I saw the same article. I was already aware about the nuclear problems. I assumed people on ATS were too.

I didn't like the spin of the article. I didn;t think 'bathroom nonsense' was covering it up.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I usually research the source of an article first. I've been sick.

This article actually comes from: True Activist

This is what I found:

True Activist is another tough one to categorize, using our binary system. It’s not satire, but it’s not exactly real news, in the sense that you and I think of news. It’s a repository of blogs and stories that fit its philosophical views. Same as Real Farmacy. Their process seems to be: Find an article that fits our view; Reshare said article; Don’t bother digging deeper; Add a little commentary in the beginning and the end of the re-posted story; Profit!

Editorial Note– 04-15-2014: Since we cannot throw an official verdict on True Activist or Real Farmacy, RealorSatire feels obligated to at least provide recommendations:
^Use sites like True Activist and Real Farmacy to spark discussion within your social media circles.
^Try to verify as much as possible, first.
^Be careful to not pass off the story as 100% fact. It’s likely glorified opinion used to strengthen a very specific subset of philosophies.

realorsatire.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: torok67

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: mamabeth

Plus, no papes needed.. Win/Win

So what would you be using then

That colorful shirt You're wearing, sans the pretty Peacock broach, yeah, I won't need/want that...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

the bathroom bill costing nc billions man that sounds like horse fodder man i live in nc and we couldn't give a crap. its only a problenm with moron in the pc crowd and i say flush them like the turds they are. i am not against transgendered people but i think we need this law too many perverts would use charlotte ordinance to get out of trouble.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
i live in nc and we couldn't give a crap.

We?

Good to know you speak for 9 million people.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: polyath

It's not that simple. Places won't be able to afford it either.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Funny, I thought the Obama Administration were the ones pushing this issue, not the "right".

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Believe it or not, this country along with nearly all countries are founded with religious and moralistic tenets in their laws. And if you believe that certain "collective progress" has no impact on conservatives' rights and freedoms, look to the bakers and florists in the more liberal states. They have lost their businesses and life savings for expressing their religious "conscience" in rejecting participation in ceremonies they wish to have no part of. I know there has been one arrest (I would have to dig for the article) of a young man posing as a women that entered a woman's restroom and assaulted a young woman.

I find it rather comical that you talk of a progressive society that is not dogmatic, religiously led, or without authoritarian selfishness. This is nearly an EXACT description of how liberals conduct themselves. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bmullini
a reply to: the owlbear

Funny, I thought the Obama Administration were the ones pushing this issue, not the "right".

Its actually paranoid Right Wing Parents who discovered and outed a transgender student in school with their kids.

Then the transgender student didn't go away quietly. The transgender student with parents fought back through the media.

Then it repeated itself in other schools, and those transgender kids with parents didn't go away quietly. They fought back through the media and support groups for the right of their transgender child.

That's where all this started.

Yes, its the RIGHT causing all the fuss.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join