It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Girls/Women like poetry?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc
I really hope so because I enjoy making attempts of showing love in that manner. Once I find someone to love..

Though to my understanding they do, in my experience anyways. Not sure if all or if I just got lucky.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

handing someone a sheet of heroic couplets is a bit ridiculous

Try a rondeau instead.

Much appreciated, that's fairly unimposing and feels more informal. That's what I'll shoot for, I think.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The Love in your heart
Wasnt put there to stay
Love isnt Love
till you give it away

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

To answer the question .

Yes, although it does need to be offered by a prospective beau or someone the said Lady has an interest in ... 😎

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Dude ... that can be construed as stalking.

Just saying.

😎

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
How? I swear, people are really creepy. Everywhere they see doom and horror and all this terrible crap. Swear to god calm down people. Hate hearing about people complain about stuff and this. Stalking. Like other terms it is thrown around and in this case has no connection to what I said. I'm looking for love as many others are. To compare it to stalking is absolutely moronic.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Lighten up mate ...

Tongue in cheek replies are not something to aim up at.

A better response would have been : oh, really how so ?

See what I did there ?

Throw the ball back into the servers court.

Patience grasshopper .. ! Lol.

😎

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
I don't really care. Moronic responses don't deserve proper attention or response. If you cared to explain you would have. I'm off to write. If you care to explain do so. Otherwise I bid adieu and ask to be left alone.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The difference between creepy and romantic is usually how clear you are in your intent when communicating with the girl. If you are nervous or awkward then you'll probably come off as creepy and weird. If you are confident then you'll usually come across as romantic.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

How much strange have you been able to procure with your poetry good sir?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have had beautiful poems written for me and treasure them. I love a man being romantic and poetic.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
As a female - yes, I like receiving written words/poetry.

I have a large gift bag sitting in my cupboard full of writings/cards/mementos from the males of my past (regardless of if we left on good or bad terms). I have a valentine's day card drawn and written from when I was 13, coloured pencil, surprisingly it's still legible after all these years! I also have inside of it my mushy response that I never had the courage to give back. When I was 16 I had a boyfriend who would write me pages of just general chatter + song lyrics at least once a week, that's in the bag too! Haha. (FYI: Metallica - Nothing Else Matters were the main lyrics we shared with one another)

Anyway. All girls/womenfolk are different. Some of us prefer more literary items, and then... there are those who watch the Kardashians.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

As a girl, I'd like it, personally. Likely, that varies from person to person. To be fair, though, I write poetry. Even won a contest back on HS. If it's the right girl, she won't think you weird for offering a poem. If she does, not the right one.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You are yet to grow and walk among men.

Those that have lived a life have earned the right to introduce brevity where it is fitting.

To be labelled " moronic " I believe is outside T&C's.

😎
edit on 4-5-2016 by Timely because: Hating on androids

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I think women tend to appreciate poetry more due to the nature of the medium. women are communicators, and the artful use of words (poetry) strikes a nerve with a typical woman on an innate level.

Is it weird to give a woman a poem? Well...most men write terrible poetry. And nothing is worse than a a poem from a lovestruck male youth.

I think that love leads you to do things you wouldn't normally do. And I think that doing those things is what makes you human.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Some people do, some people don't.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of romantic poetry as it's usually just sappy and desperate but I do love other types of gestures.
edit on 5/4/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I am waiting for someone to say

But not all people are girls/women

You have to know that you are good at what you are doing (some people do/some people don't) now what woman wouldn't love a man who is confident

or don't read it go make me semitches
edit on 4-5-2016 by peasprout because: wo/man are complicated

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'd love a poem.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You label yourself as a xenophile = an individual who is attracted to foreign peoples, manners, or cultures. If your open minded and accepting of others you probably are attractive to like minded people. When I was in high school I would hang with some girls who liked to read and write poetry and we would share our hearts and feeling with each other. Test the water with your friend and see if she is open to poetry. I have found writing poetry is therapeutic and a very important part of my life now.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The fact that you "get it" - the parts about things which used to be considered romantic now being considered creepy/awkward, etc., is a solid indicator that, first off, you're not creepy lol.

As far as how it would be taken, I think most women would love a poem written for them - it would be unexpected and flattering.

BUT...

You probably first need to have at least some degree of "buy-in" the new-old-fashioned way. In other words, it's not a "first move." She needs to at least be leaning towards, if not fully "interested" or it's going to taken as awkward, possibly creepy. It seems strange to say, but I feel like it's accurate in today's world - without interest and openness (some degree of having already gotten to know each other), it may seem presumtive and even invasive (i.e. "You don't know me...") If you haven't gotten to know her on a personal level, it will seem as though you're interested in who you think she is, not necessarily who she actually is.

So that said, I think if you have that initial "buy-in" - you've been talking, etc., and maybe the next step would typically be to ask for a date, this would be the time to give her the poem. At this point, she's interested in you (at least to some degree), and the poem will show her that you're thinking of her, "from the heart."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join