It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Girls/Women like poetry?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
poetry is way cool
i like to see/hear attention paid to the rhythm of the words, the pattern of punctuation. and for me, less is more; i favour brevity where possible. anything too long-winded (not long per se) or florid generally puts me off.
do women like it?
some must, maybe many do.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

I tell you...it's complicated

If you really like her and want to impress her - buy her a book of poetry by someone you genuinely love. It doesn't need to be romantic - just poetry that means something to you

Later - if things go well - your personal poetry will be cherished forever

edit on 5/4/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Liking poetry is not a "gender-specific' thing. Peeps either like it or they don't.

BUT. I will tell ya when it's time for cards (valentine's, birthday, apology) .... the more raving about how fabulous, wonderful, beautiful, singularly magnificent, love love love you, lol, you get the picture..... in other words,

The MUSHIER the better.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

most men write terrible poetry.

Tell me about it.

I once found myself in the dentist’s chair, waiting for the Novocaine to take effect. And the dentist said to me, ‘Ah, you’re a writer, aren’t you? Just a minute...’ He vanished from the room and reappeared a moment later brandishing a sheaf of carefully handwritten verses.

‘Now, you must be completely honest,’ said he, thrusting the papers into my hands. ‘I want your professional opinion.’

They were unspeakably bad. Sentimental but pretentious guff, executed (I almost said ‘excreted’) in what was supposed to be blank verse. I was very grateful for the numbness of my face.

(I’m a boy, by the way. The avatar is an old friend of mine.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join