It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz - Out! See ya!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't think it works that way. Candidates can release their delegates, depending upon state rules, but they can't control who gets them.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

So you're just gonna make stuff up cause it feels right?

Who do you support? Trump?

Honestly, I don't think I support anyone.

If a gun was put to my head and I was told to choose the candidate with the most integrity and best interest of our fellow citizens and their well being then I would very rapidly reach with my right hand and press the button labeled Sanders.

You mean the guy who pays his staffers 12$ an hour and promises a 15 an hour wage?

Then we can turn into Peurto Rico!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
No brakes!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Wow, what happened to the contested convention Cruz had been threatening the past six months?

Cruz didn't threaten that the GOP did, does anyone actually voting for trump know how an election cycle works?

That's going to be tremendous and juuge and, just so you know, tremendously tremendous?

edit on 3-5-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Trump is like a transgender person, he's both Dem and Repub, liberal and conservative. He literally changes, or also known as flip flipping, every week.

Wait no, he's a chameleon!

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Now watch Trump praise Cruz as a worthy opponent after trashing him since the race began....

Donald is the ultimate Machiavellian. It's beautiful in a sick and twisted way....

American politics rocks....

Trump was pretty nice about Cruz. (his victory speech just got over)

It's business not personal, as they say.

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Wow, what happened to the contested convention Cruz had been threatening the past six months?

Cruz didn't threaten that the GOP did, does anyone actually voting for trump know how an election cycle works?

I don't think so...they seem to be the poorly educated folks...But Trump loves them just the same.

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

So, now that Lucifer in the flesh has exited the building, does this mean Trump will get the Republican nomination?

Who else is left in the GOP that is of any real competition?

Kasich won some state, didn't he?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No one has focused on who Sanders is? Like, for reals? Let's see, how about everyone has, both his supporters and haters alike! You're a great example of this!

I'm almost amazed you didn't compare him to Hitler but I guess even that's to low for you considering his family was killed by the Nazis? So Stalin wins as runner up?

Should I counter with Trump/Hitler/Stalin memes too? This is how political discourse is done these days, amirite?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

May I suggest someone for you then?

link   

The party needs to be killed.

It no longer represents true conservative values and the fact Trump did so well proves it

The problem is that the party needs to branch out because if it were only traditional, Christian, "conservatives" (i.e. the Ted Cruz type), they would NEVER win elections other than local. We saw this pretty clearly with Cruz.

link   
a reply to: roadgravel

hes a business man he will offer them their pick of supreme court justices in exchange for getting things working and its one the republicans may just take with how old some of the other justices are getting

link   
If I was Trump I'd pick Cruz as my VP.
You know, someone that nobody ever wants to see as President.

It'd be like a clever kind of life insurance policy. Or rather life assurance policy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

One of the biggest mistakes this country has made in a long long time

8 years doesn't seem that long ago.

Mark my words , this will be far far worse

You better hope not. That could kill the party.

The party needs to be killed.

It no longer represents true conservative values and the fact Trump did so well proves it

Don't you think those days are/should be over?

Donald should be what we should want in a politician, a little of this and a little of that with america first.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Oh teh RNC, will they lay down quietly and give Trump the nod OR is Kaisch still in the game because they're gonna play dirty and give it to him?

Either way, the GOP dies this year.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't think it works that way. Candidates can release their delegates, depending upon state rules, but they can't control who gets them.

If a candidate ends his/her campaign the delegates are free to support whom ever.
If a candidate suspends his/her campaign they retain those delegates and if the convention becomes contested can reactivate their campaign and lock their delegates.

I learned something new with that - thanks!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Not the country, the GOP. They created this monster.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

May I suggest someone for you then?

Good point! We needed either Trump or Sanders to go third party for this percentage to happen.

I'll vote for this guy. Who is it?
He looks a little glazed over too, I like it.

link   
www.theblaze.com...

So, I read this and one thing jumped out at me. It wasn't the fact that he was dropping out, nor the butthurt he's likely feeling, it was this quote from his surrender speech:

But hear me now, I am not suspending our fight for liberty,” Cruz continued. “I am not suspending our fight to defend the Constitution. To defend the judeo-Christian values that built America. Our movement will continue.

It was at this point when I realized he's not Mr. Haney from Green Acres... he's Hans, from SnL's "Hans & Franz." So I made a little photoshop...

He and Kasich, and all their recent shenanigans have even managed to pump up Trump's campaign, with Donald having soundly rocked the house in every primary since they announced their scheme to prevent him from reaching 1237. I'd have seen myself supporting Ted a few months ago, now that I've seen who he really is and what he's about, I hope this marks the end of his political career. He should be a televangelist or a used car salesman, not a policy maker.

link   

Assuming Cruz is eligible. Some guy registered in 8 states as a write in candidate to obtain standing to force the courts to answer the residency question.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join