It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royals of UK (Duke & Duchess of Cambridge)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

oh for heavens sake - I think they are a lovely couple, and their babies are cute....

can I not just think the babies are cute, and Kate is a pretty lady?

I have no animosity against her or her two babies. Whatever the House of Windsor is, it's less absurd than Kim Kardashian or Britney Spears.......

Sorry I ever posted this. Just wondered if anyone thought the babies were cute.
LOL!! You all carry on.

Meanwhile, the US will be swirling down the toilet tonight, while Clinton and Trump dance jigs of joy and plot horrible things.
Good night all.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I couldn't agree more...those babies are beautiful. I'm Canadian and my 2 daughters and I are slightly obsessed with those royal babies, so cute!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think she looks an awful lot like the Queen.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I'm not sure she's exactly idolising them.

I can't see any mention of it on the internet so I'll miss out the name. An un-named royal came tearing along a road near here in a horse box recently and nearly ran into half a dozen horses that were being ridden towards her. She immediately admitted she'd been driving too fast and I'm told, "She's in a lot of trouble for it". Whatever that means.

Allegedly it was chaos with horses rearing and clambering through the hedges. She didn't brake hard because of her horses in the back of the truck. She was risking the lives of the riders in front of her to save her own horses legs. Dubious reaction. Though admittedly you'd have to be driving it to know how you'd react.

Other royals who live around here have a very good reputation as down to earth, friendly and helpful neighbours. Some of them use their position for various beneficial causes. Animal welfare, sustainable agriculture, etc. etc.

They are individuals caught up in an accident of birth and they respond to their predicament according to their inbuilt character.

edit on 3 5 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination and my wife is an Irish lass from the North so she has more than enough reasons to hate the British. And yes I am the British version of a democrat!!

I wouldn't lose sleep if we lost the royal family tomorrow HOWEVER Charlotte and George are just babies and yes they are cute.

If we have to have a royal family, I'm glad our North American friends are interested because it does, like it or not, help our economy.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The Queen owns 6,600 million acres of land. If we sacked her, dumped her in a care home and sold it at $5000 an acre then distributed it amongst the British people, everyone in the country would be £262,686.56 better off. We'd be the richest nation in the world with the highest living standards forever.

That's not even counting the priceless works of art, jewellery, business holdings and other assets that we could sell off and give back to the nations the monarchy has raped as reparations. The money from that would end poverty in the 3rd world overnight and there would still be enough left over to have the biggest party the world has ever seen.

I'd take that over zombified American tourists gormlessly shuffling through the palace anyday.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Surplus revenues from the Crown Estate go to the treasury once any maintenance and upkeep has been paid. The Queen doesn't 'own' them in any sense other than she is the current not for profit landlady. Seriously, it would take you five minutes to find that out rather than just repeat the same old crap. I would put money on someone coming into this thread sometime soon and say she's German.

BuzzyWigs, You will find a lot of UK people on ATS who profess to be anti monarchy, and I guess that's representative in a way of this kind of site. It's just the way it is in the same way that some of the remarks made by Americans on here aren't all representative of the average American on the street.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I'm not sure she's exactly idolising them.

No, you are right, I am NOT "idolizing" them. I am admiring how lovely a young woman Kate is, and how very cute her two little babies are. Period. That's it.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Charlotte looks like her big brother. I'm not a fan of kids in general, but I do think George and Charlotte are cute and I'm happy that William has found someone compatible.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

They look almost identical...wow! And very nice-looking, not awkward and horse-facey. Which they might have. But there mum is so pretty - and William takes after Diana, not Charles (happily)!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I like them all. Charles is a bit of a dick but Harry and Will are stand up guys and their mother would be proud. I like the queen very much too. They are harmless and bring in millions to the country.

My wide and i watched the royal wedding and the jubilee on tv and enjoyed both.

I give a thumbs up to the royals, esp the boys. Kate is decent ad well.

edit on 4-5-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
My wide and i watched the royal wedding and the jubilee on tv and enjoyed both.

Note to self: Never refer to spouse as 'the wide', it could prove detrimental to my constitution.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL!! maybe it's like "bigly" - sort of an obscure word - or a new word: bride+wife = wide???

I dunno. I like it, though.
Like "frenemy", you know?
"bromance"
etcsoforth

edit on 5/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I like them all, too! But, nevertheless, I won't ever forgive Charles and Camilla. Just like I won't forgive Brangelina, either.

No. Jen Aniston is a jewel; so is Kate Middleton. And so was Diana.

Still - those babies!! Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Ignoring the mildy irritating, patronising nature of your post you can find information on it here
www.newstatesman.com...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: uncommitted

Ignoring the mildy irritating, patronising nature of your post you can find information on it here
www.newstatesman.com...

I responded in kind to your mail, if you don't like people showing the same attitude as yourself that's hardly my problem. Now, which part of the Crown estate do you believe the Queen as an individual financially benefits from? The New Statesman article doesn't cover that. It doesn't cover land in the UK owned by the Church of England, unless I missed it (I got bored of being treated like I had no grasp of politics, history or geography by that article), it doesn't mention that the closest equivalent to the Crown estate in America for example are the National Parks - I guess you also think they should be sold off for housing - if not, why not?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Na id privatise the Royal family

Tourism does provide a lot of jobs to the UK.

We can’t let those jobs go.......But the Royal family are basically glorified historical reenactors.

PRIVATISE THE ROYAL FAMILY!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I agree that the children are adorable. Their parents are both quite easy on the eyes so no surprise there, IMO.

I find Kate's look refreshing and natural.

I always thought that Diana was graceful and elegant and seemed to be hiding a pain. She only, IMO, looked truly happy when she was doing something charitable like visiting/helping hospitals and the suffering in the world. I'm sure there are those that will say 'photo op' but, her joy looked quite genuine to me.

I can't speak on the animosity between the Royals and the citizens but, I can speak on adorable babies.

I agree that they are! (That WAS the point of the thread, wasn't it?)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
The Queen owns 6,600 million acres of land. If we sacked her, dumped her in a care home and sold it at $5000 an acre then distributed it amongst the British people, everyone in the country would be £262,686.56 better off. We'd be the richest nation in the world with the highest living standards forever.

Would the poor be allowed to take out a loan against their individual £262,686.56 to enable them to buy a few acres? Otherwise only the already-rich would benefit, landwise, from the sell-off.

Anyway, this isn't the place for this sort of discussion. Perhaps you could start a thread? I imagine there'd be quite a bit of interest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join