It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royals of UK (Duke & Duchess of Cambridge)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
New photos of Princess Charlotte released ahead of 1st birthday
William and Kate -- and George and Charlotte ---

I am an American, a bit of an Anglophile, a daughter of England, and a romantic all the way.

I was infatuated with Diana (though what she saw in Charles I'll never know!), and often fantasized that my daughter would marry Prince William....
well - that didn't happen. Diana happened - and I was okay with that. She and I were 'cohorts' - young mothers - no matter how common I was and how many thousands of miles away. I thought she was wonderful.

When she died, I truly cried.

So now William has married Kate, and basically I think she is just beautiful...
anyway - I saw these pics of the little Princess Charlotte --- I can't believe she's a year old already! Good grief! Heavens to Betsy!!!
How is that even possible????

Ack, time flies. But, I just wondered if there were any other ATS members who - while not total fanatics - enjoy Will & Kate and their too-adorable toddlers. No matter what you think of the Royals, or of the UK, I think Will & Kate and their kids are really cool.

edit on 5/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I saw those pics I think on CNN yesterday. The cutest baby
And she has the blocks in a wagon I had as a child.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Funny.....

The USA fought a war to get rid of the royals.

But today you Americans seem to give more of a # than the majority of the UK

Really she just a stupid ugly babie likely to grow up to be a entitled little bitch.
edit on 3-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Aw, that's rather a frowny thing to say. I'm a big fan of babies, and of photography, and I think their family is just adorable.
Doesn't mean I know much about the UK monarchy or government. Just that I think the kids are ultra cute.

Really she just a stupid ugly babie likely to grow up to be a entitled little bitch.

She is an absolutely beautiful baby. I've seen many 'ugly white babies' in my time, ewok, and that baby is gorgeous. So is her older brother George.
Maybe if you'd been a mother and raised kids your sensibilities would be struck a bit more.

Anyway - she's not "ugly." She is definitely NOT an "ugly bab[y]."

And you know what? Maybe it's a weird reciprocal kind of thing - you all are fascinated with our meaningless charade of a "presidential" election, and we are fascinated by your "meaningless" figure-head royals.

I like your lot way, way, way better than I like any of ours! Gahhh.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Maybe if you'd been a mother...

Oh, Ewok is a mother alright, trust me.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Puke!Pass the sick bucket!
Why would you idolise those inbred benefits leeches!
The French had the right idea,viva la republic.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No we are not fascinated by your election and I can't understand why anyone would idolise those so called royals.No royal family of mine.
You comment about "oh your not a mother" is insulting and sexist if a male made a comment like that they would be slaughtered on here.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

LOL!!! How did I know this was going to evoke ire from British members?!!!!

I think the babies are cute - and their mum is lovely, that is all!!!!

Every American girl has dreamed of being a princess, dude.....some real princesses exist. We get to watch them live out their lives.....just like you get to listen to heavy metal and imagine you're Ozzy Ozborne or whatever....

the babies are adorable.
And I'm at the age that my "become a grandmother" hormones are firing.....

who do you like for POTUS?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

You comment about "oh your not a mother" is insulting and sexist if a male made a comment like that they would be slaughtered on here.

What?!! Why?

It's impossible for any male to be a "mother" and experience the same thing that a "mother" experiences with a baby she gestated and delivered....

how is it sexist?

If a male said "oh you're not a dad", I'd say, yes, that's right - I'm a mom.

There's nothing remotely sexist about it.
Good grief you're foaming at the mouth!

I think the babies are adorable. And if you don't care about our elections, then that's great! I was talking to my husband a few minutes ago about how little we Americans pay attention to foreign elections, but so many nationalities are paying attention to the POTUS election.

Wow. Take a deep breath. Two cute babies had their picture on CNN's website. Everything will be okay.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow you guys.
Amazing.

I only posted this thread because I saw the pics of little Charlotte and it made my heart smile at how cute, how adorable and innocent she is. She and her brother George - they might one day change the world, you know.

They are babies for Chrissakes!!!

Anyway - go ahead - let's make this a thread about how UK citizens loathe the royals. It'll be a nice diversion from slimeball USA politicians for a change.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Your responses have been coming from the British equivalent of the Democrats. Take no notice.
I'm not a mother. All babies look the same to me. But these have done nobody any harm.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thanks.

Trust me, there are ugly babies, and there are beautiful babies - and these two babies are gorgeous.
Considering Will's father's unfortunate countenance, I'd say it's a delightful surprise....

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
All babies look the same to me. But these have done nobody any harm.

Yet.

One day they will learn of their reptilian pedigree and begin harvesting the souls of the Commonwealth.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, they're still really cute babies. They are ADORABLE babies. And Her Royal Highness is a very accomplished photographer, also!!!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well, they're still really cute babies. They are ADORABLE babies.

I just spoke with them, they said they will eat you last-ish.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's fine. They'll love me before that even becomes an option. I am a huge hit with babies and little kids, and actually would rather hang out with them than with other adults.

They don't judge.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, they're still really cute babies. They are ADORABLE babies.

I just spoke with them, they said they will eat you last-ish.

Baby Cthulhu, 2016

Why? He will eat you last-ish.

As for royal babies? All babies are beautiful. Even the ugly ones.

and. . . .
Just because we left home and had a fight, doesn't make us any less a British Colony! We're just more "independent" than our Aussie and Canadian cousins.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Just because we left home and had a fight, doesn't make us any less a British Colony! We're just more "independent" than our Aussie and Canadian cousins.

Well, they're more like siblings, really -

but yeah - we're just the embarrassing ones - 'independently' creating a[n] historical event that will ne'er soon be forgotten.

How awkward - that we're also the ones that the entire world is staring at. You'd think we'd live up to the hype, step up to the plate, and act like a grown-up country. But, no....nononono......

the globe needs a scapegoat - it's our turn.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Those babies are REALLY cute, you guys.
And none of this, not one nano of it, is their fault! Give them a chance. Don't condemn them based on the sins of their ancestors.
sheesh.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Personally, I haven't paid attention to anything going on over there. Also, I do not understand why you would care about these royals and their babies. I mean....you do realize these are not nice people, right? That being said, maybe the babies will be so overcome with your love that they save the world from the reptilian overlords. OR maybe its the flying spaghetti monster.....I can't remember anymore

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join