It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royals of UK (Duke & Duchess of Cambridge)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well Kate was a underwear model when William first saw her

Middleton's catwalk dress sells for £78,000

www.express.co.uk...

EDIT : exactly what buzzy wigs said below

edit on 5-5-2016 by sumerain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sumerain

That first article says she stayed at that Hotel where they did the photoshoot, and the shoes they are wearing were "inspired" by her. She is not one of those models, though.

That is her in the second link - says it was a skirt and she wore it as a dress instead....
still, looks like a swimsuit and sheer coverup to me. No harm no foul.
William saw her on the catwalk, but he'd already known her.

William, who already knew Kate as a friend, is said to have whispered to his pal Fergus Boyd: “Wow, Fergus, Kate’s hot!”

And she is hot - even I, a middle-aged hetero female, can see that!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
And she is hot - even I, a middle-aged hetero female, can see that!

I have learned much from Howard Stern:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Uh. No. I could not be a lesbian. I don't want to touch her! I just think she's easy on the eyes!!

Lesbians can do whatever - but leave me out of it. Ew. No. Not interested in women's private parts.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Someone doth protest too much.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No. Ew. That'll be enough out of you. You can "picture" it all you want, but it will never happen. Ick.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You can "picture" it all you want...

Really? Thanks! Hold on.

Okay, I'm back. You minx.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Why men are so interested in lesbianism is beyond me. The last thing I'd want to watch is lesbians (or gay men) pleasuring each other. Ew. Not interested in watching ANYONE have sex, thanks.
Anyway - you are way, way off topic. The kids are cute, TNMockingbird got the point, and you get no stars from me for this rude interruption. Darling.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Why men are so interested in lesbianism is beyond me.

That is a great question. We should start a thread and explore that question.

In detail.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I was just going to do that and got derailed before I could find the Chit Chat forum!

Here's what I want to title it:

How Do Hetero People View Others of Their Gender?

I'm thinking along the lines of how we all look to others for "examples" of style, shape, etc. Women look at other women's makeup, clothing, shape, hair, etc. They might think, "I will NEVER let myself get that fat", or "I like her hairstyle and want the same cut" (like "The Rachel" way back in the 90s - after Jen Aniston's hair in Friends), or "Those shoes are hideous", or "I would like to have a hat like that one!"

At least, that's my own internal dialogue.

I imagine men look at other men and see things they admire or dislike, too.

Anyway - to be sure, William and Kate are a LOVELY COUPLE OF HUMANS, and their babies are adorable.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

How did I miss your thread Buzzy ?

I agree.... George and Charlotte are a couple of little cutie pies. It seems Will and Kate have made a couple of good looking kids.

I also suspect that Will and Kate will raise the kids properly and not raise them to be spoiled silver-spoon-in-the-mouth Kardashian types.

These kids will grow up to be charitable humanitarians like their dad and uncle Harry... it's a whole different generation of royals this time around.

In my opinion, I think that's the impact and influence that Diana has left behind for her two boys to continue carrying that torch with them for the rest of their lives...

So good on her for that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Thanks, girlfriend! Ugh - now I made a spin-off thread that's going over about like a lead balloon. And it's AugustMasonicus's fault ----

LOL!

Hetero Admiration of The Same Gender

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So I was surfing ebay, and I found on offer a pewter beer stein that is engraved with the Charles & Diana wedding date, and coat of arms...a celebratory piece, of course.

I cried the day Diana was announced as dead. William and Harry are my daughter's peers.....
I think Kate is a lovely young woman, and George and Charlotte are adorable.

I know not many Americans give a rip (and neither do many Brits, or anyone else for that matter!), but I still find them all far more classy than the Kardashians.

Anyway - I bought the pewter stein, seeing as how William will be the next King, and his wife and kids are so story-book sweet and perfect. Reptilians? LOL!!!!!

No.
I intend to continue to cherish the Royals, just like the reality-tv fairy tale that they are. Plus, I'm watching "The Crown" right now, and learning a helluva lot about that period of time.......

we "Americans" are woefully lacking in education about actual history. Do you all know who Oliver Cromwell was? Winston Churchill? Prince Phillip? Queen Elizabeth I? What about King George V, or Henry of France?

Do you all really really think you know all about how we got here?
I would adore having a conversation with someone who is easily conversant (and conversational in an intellectual way) in these things. I am by no means an expert, but I have a genuine anthropological, sentimental, and political interest in the history of the UK, from the Picts and Scots to the present day.

Regardless - I think the Charles & Diana commemorative engraved pewter mug might be a significant 'place-holder' or artifact one day. For a couple of bucks, I decided to procure/curate it.

edit on 11/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The history of Britain is fascinating.

Pick any topic and they all have a story to tell. Here are just a few.

The Battle of Stamford Bridge ( The defeat of The Vikings )

The Battle of Hastings ( Conquest by The Normans )

King John and The Magna Carta

Henry V and Agincourt

The Wars Of The Roses ( War between The House of York And House Of Lancaster )

Henry VIII and The Reformation

The Spanish Armada and Sir Francis Drake.

Queen Elizabeth I ( The Virgin Queen )

The Birth Of The British Empire

The Gunpowder Plot ( Guy Fawkes )

Oliver Cromwell and The First English Civil War

The 100 Years War

The Birth Of The Industrial Revolution

The Napoleonic Wars

The list just goes on and on.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm very familiar with most aspects of UK history- in fact I probably know more Scottish history than most other English people (drawn into it by family holidays).

Have you ever come across "1066 and all that" by Sellars and Yeatman? People usually call it a parody of English history. It's really a parody of the way English history was being taught in schools at the time. Thus it notices the tendency to regard everything that happens in history as "romantic", and the tendency to treat history as the inevitable progress towards England becoming "top nation".
It picks up on cliches, like history happening in "waves", or the "law" that anyone invading England must start at Thanet and conquer from right to left, overrunning the country "with fire and the sword" (IGNI FERROQUE, as any schoolchild of that generation would have recognised).
The chapter on Victoria is organised around the "loyal" attempts of statesmen to do something that will amuse her. They fail with penny stamps and the Plimsoll Line, but they get very close when someone thinks of announcing that Fiji has been annexed "by the desire of the inhabitants".
Like any parody, it's probably best enjoyed by people who are familiar with the original.

edit on 25-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, the list and the stories are endless, and fascinating. Thanks for the suggestions!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I had not, but will seek them out - thank you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join