It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the Bible was not written by mankind!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyriddler

The problem with the bible as it stands, is that it has gone through so many changes and revisions. Some texts were added in and others eliminated. Point in case would be looking at the 2 oldest bibles that is known, and of the 2 , the Siani bible is one of the oldest out there. When compared to the modern version, one can see the differences and changes that were made in, even the very translation changes the very meaning of the words. They have managed to find thousands of differences and changes that were made between the 2.

All of the books were written by the hand of man, given their view and interpertation on what they believed was correct. Every single book, while the essence is there, but the translation something different.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

That's a fallacy.

Josh McDowell's Evidence That Demands a Verdict and others have documented that the documents we have take the text back to the first century with extremely minimal changes.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Granting for a moment, that what he says is true about the numbers, it still sounds like...We don't think men could have done it, ergo...god.

I would be interested in seeing peoples response to this as I often see posts continually mocking the Bible without any sound reasoning or argument to the contrary.

There are threads all over ATS showing evidence the bible is full of errors, contradictions, and pseudo-history, let alone the miracles that never happened. You can start with the Flyers Fan threads on Abraham and the Exodus. I think there's plenty of "sound reasoning and argument to the contrary."

I know of one error that stuck with me throughout these years. Joseph's technicolor coat or Joseph's coat with many colors was a mistranslation. It was supposed to have said Joseph's coat with long sleeves.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

It may boil down to you knowing that you are a you and there is no one else that is you .Once you establish in your own mind that you have a soul a you and your body is not you ,you might have the ultimate prof for you to start to look for something other then me or someone else that is not God . I guess we can start from different points on the journey but we all need a point of entry . Once you got that established ,which is outside the rules of science you may be able to independently start your journey . The God of the Bible takes it up from there when He says "come draw close to me and let us reason ,you who have escaped the nations .

Rest assured that you are not alone weather you occupy either side of the fence on this one .There are friends and foes in both camps and many are not helpful ..Its a journey we all have to make weather alone or with others .

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

If one lables oneself as a numerologist, one is labeled with the practice.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
“Indeed, when, in 1997, popular author Michael Drosnin (who wrote a book on the subject) challenged critics to find the same “numerology and meaning” regarding in “Moby Dick” as Bible Codes folks had found in the Bible, Australian computer scientist Brendan McKay did just that, and for good measure he found letter arrangements predicting the assassinations of Trotsky, Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.
In other words, the Bible Codes are bunk.
But when faith uses science to justify itself, it undermines itself as well. Surely religious consciousness does not lie on the same axis as scientific proof. When the Earth was discovered to revolve around the sun, the church reacted with bans and inquisitions. Eventually, however, most people made their peace; the enduring lessons of kindness, generosity and holiness do not depend on astronomy...” – Bibe codes a lie that won't die

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
While the Bible is a good read, it should be remembered that it's a collection of writings from different places and eras. It's been translated umpteen times which more or less renders it useless as a factual guide to anything.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN
Very well here you go: Non of the new Testament was written by GOD. It is not his name on any of the chapters or texts. All of them were written by the hand of man, recording what they saw and looked at. Mark never witnesses any of the events he wrote about, nor did Luke. Even after the texts of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, all of the rest were writings of Peter, Paul, and John. These were letters and treaties that were sent and recorded, written down. So if they are not God in any sense it was the hand of Man that wrote down such.

Further more, even the books in the bible, that was decided by council and even then there is marked differences between some of the different denominations. Most protestant denominations tend to go with one set, while Catholics go with more books in the cannon that they use, and the Eastern Orthodox has a difference in chapters and texts as well, and the Etheopian has a different set of text to use as well. And on top of all of that, if you look at the Old Testament, which is based off of the Tanka and the Talmud, there as well, would be a difference, due to the nature, and the fact that some things just do not translate over from one language to another.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
37 years ago, God revealed himself to me and became real when I found a book in the public library that laid this theory out. I am a believer in numbers being constant and the one true universal language.

I don't recall the name of the book or the author, but in my search for proof of God, this did it for me. I do remember the title roughly translated to God's Numbers.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wshadow1
37 years ago, God revealed himself to .....

Thanks for sharing.

Did you file a police report? That is poor behavior for a deity, even a sky god.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't think the maths are proof of it not being written by man. I do find it extraordinary that the words are so intricately organized. It does seem to be a glimpse into a larger picture that we cannot yet see. I find it interesting that math seems to be the only Universal constant, it is the same for us all, whatever culture, unlike 'religion'. Maybe it was written by a computer

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Numerology theories are not proof of anything. Sorry.

Did you watch the video? Any critical thinker could see that it would be impossible to put this numerology into the bible, considering some of the authors were not even properly educated, most of them weren't even alive at the same time or in the same location, yet the maths is still perfect.

If you look for codes anywhere you will find them. That doesn't mean the author put it in as some cryptic message. You can find codes in Moby Dick. The word proof is reserved for things that are actually verified and proven, not a pure guess based on your interpretation of these numbers. I guess Moby Dick was not written by man either.
edit on 5 5 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Spot on. If this is proof of divine authorship then Moby Dick is a list of assassinations... users.cecs.anu.edu.au...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Trust me on this: God doesn't need you to believe His word. He doesn't even care if you do or don't! And, He's certainly not offended that you don't believe! It's YOUR life. And, in God's kingdom Adam (Man) has a free will!!!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
Trust me on this: God doesn't need you to believe His word. He doesn't even care if you do or don't! And, He's certainly not offended that you don't believe! It's YOUR life. And, in God's kingdom Adam (Man) has a free will!!!

Oh yeah, did god tell you this? If so, that's great, because, yes it IS my life. And if a certain mythological world view appears completely illogical to me, I won't believe it, just like the countless others that came before it.

God doesn't care if you do or don't believe in him? Then why are we all punished for not believing? I'm guessing you believe in a different god than the biblical one because the bible clearly insinuates that he DOES care. I agree with the latter, though. If god exists, he doesn't care. That much is obvious based on his lack of interaction with the world outside of mythology.
edit on 5 5 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunikem
While the Bible is a good read, it should be remembered that it's a collection of writings from different places and eras. It's been translated umpteen times which more or less renders it useless as a factual guide to anything.

The (mostly) Hebrew and Greek texts of the books we call the Holy Bible have been preserved with amazing accuracy since antiquity - more so than any other document, and by a wide margin. Modern translations have been made directly from the Hebrew, Chaldee and Greek (such as the Ferrar Fenton Version), so the "umpteen translations" argument is just a red herring. As for being "a factual guide to anything," failure to grasp the Bible's unified/integrated message is the fault of the reader, not of the document.

BTW, I only take issue with the "Hell" content of the Bible, as that is an insertion or overlay.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

nice post, op! I saw Robert Downey jr. touting Chuck Missler once on a youtube clip of some tv program… his stuff is great.

people can choose to look for the problems or they can look at BOTH the problems and the solutions… before I believed in the Bible I looked at both sides and was surprised by the solid answers for most of my questions.

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My mother taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
--Nikola Tesla

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
then there's all the other evidence: archeology, history, science, scholarship, etc…

and all the new data on the Shroud of Turin is incredible:

Shroud of Turin Presentation March 2014 with Dr. Wayne Phillips
youtu.be...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Interesting topic and interesting video, I watched it all found it interesting.

...However as I have said before, man has a tendency to make things fit our methods of measurement and also downgrade our own achievements of what we can do.

Crop circles could not be achieved by man, ever! Imagine those beautiful designs in the grass, never could man do that!!
... or someone used a piece of wood to press it down.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

This can be debunked with the same proof used to debunk "The Bible Code".

Specifically "Such letter configurations can be found in any long text"

www.skeptictank.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join