It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the Bible was not written by mankind!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Pretty interesting and I wish people could stop bashing instead of discussing something that is interesting.Where is the impulse to bash Christians coming from? Obviously you people think Christians are all stupid that bash them constantly.Seems to be the atheist that play this political game with Christians.
Give a good argument and discuss this subject or you just wasting your time bashing people.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

People only bashed because the author used the buzz word "proof" when he didn't really prove anything. This is typical for the hardcore religious folks that post here. If he created the thread and it said, "My interpretation of numerology in the bible" or something similar, it wouldn't have led to the sea of non believers coming in to debunk him. By giving the thread the title he did, he opened the flood gates by suggesting that his worldview has been proven.

There is a big difference between offering your opinion on something and claiming that your belief system is fact. I have never had a problem with anybody's personal beliefs. Religious freedom is important. But they always scream proof to convince others of a faith based belief system when it is completely subjective and they haven't proven anything at all.

edit on 5 6 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I'm an agnostic theist...and I only came to this thread because someone stated they had proof that the bible was not written by man. I did not find such proof, even though I would gladly welcome it. There was no impulse to "bash"...only an impulse to correct the sensationalism.

The argument that "x" numbers generated by "z" actions from a random selection of quotations within the bible is far from a very good argument...and not even minutely close to proof.

(The last sentence there contains every letter from the alphabet...except for J and K....or j/k...which commonly represents the phrase "just kidding"...but I'm really not kidding....numerology and the like are a joke)

A2D

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It doesn't surprise me that there are supposed inconsistencies and contradictions, that are explainable. I am talking about the ones that aren't. There is probably a mental gymnast out there that tries to explain them all though, of that I have no doubt. Being a book made up of other books, written at various times, by different authors, it should come as no surprise that the Bible has errors. Besides some inconsistencies and contradictions within it, there are also scientific, historic, geographic, etc. problems between the Bible's pages. The Bible reflects the knowledge of the people and times it was written in, and for.

edit on 5-6-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Would anyone care to address this 'solid and undeniable proof' the Quran was also not written by man?!

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-6-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: added '!'

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Like what's a good example of an inconsistency in your opinion?

I know of a few good ones but I'd enjoy entertaining one of your favorites just out of pure curiosity.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: jimmyriddler
Proof that the Bible was not written by mankind!

What's so cool, is that sometimes all one needs is a 'title' to know that anything that follows is absolute mindless, belief-addled CRAP, thus not wasting precious moments of valuable time!
Have a great night! *__-

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

How sweet.
I guess some 'minds' are of such little worth, that you can throw any trash in there!
The ability for original critical thought, and the knowledge of experience guards the mind (of the wise), a mind like a 'guarded' lid on a dumpster; everyone cannot throw in their garbage indiscriminately!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
i think we underestimate our old ways, i mean people had amazing memories by being able to recount there own religious works from memory, homer and ancient greeks were known for amazing memory feats so imagine what the mathematician could do.
en.wikipedia.org...

PLay the game telephone and it is no different today then it was back then. There are plenty of stories I was told as a kid I can recite, doesn't mean my memory is any better or worse than anyone else. There is also no way to tell how the stories changed over time by being passed on verbally before being written down since there is no reference point to compare. The closest we can get is looking at comparisons to regional myths and stories of similar time periods to gauge deviations.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

And on it goes. To get an indication of just how unique these properties are, try the example in the inset.

This sentence from the OP has 21 words, 7x3=21, so the OP is god!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

And on it goes. To get an indication of just how unique these properties are, try the example in the inset.

This sentence from the OP has 21 words, 7x3=21, so the OP is god!

Holy crap! 7 = god so three 7s is three gods. He is the holy trinity and this has now been proven! I can't believe we didn't all realize this before!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Nope. Not even close.

The thread title has 39 letters. 3x13.... 13 is considered an evil number...he's actually the trinity of evil....

A2D

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

edit on 8-5-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
the Bible and the Quran were not written by man they were written by the God consciousness, that is in all men. there will be realization that we are all equal and are part of the whole, one day, thats my theory anyway.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

The Bible and the Quran were written by vegan T-Rex's....

Saying it doesn't make it true.

A2D

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

who really knows what is true, not me thats for sure, to me all this is supposed to happen for a reason, life is supposed to get stressed because it builds stronger people, who knows ultimate love if they have never seen its opposite? its just all part of an infinite creators plan, there are no coincidences everything happens for a reason, cause and effect.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

As long as you realize these are all opinions and nothing is proven. I have no quarrels with you having that belief....I just don't like it when people spout their beliefs, or nonbeliefs, as truth....

A2D

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

no im not a believer or disbeliever, i just like to keep an open mind and give them my attention, anything is possible in my book.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyriddler

That is all fine and good. Is it really a fair choice if you have to sift through thousands and thousands of religions that are all equally as difficult to even understand or grasp? I mean there is no real differentiating tell tale signs of truth if you compare all of the religious sects side by side. They all have similar stories, similar origins etc. If you happen to be born in the middle east, you have high likelihood of being Muslim. If you are born in Alabama, you have a good chance of being a Baptist or Christian. The list goes on.

I was fortunate enough to not be raised with religion forced upon me. Like most American households, we celebrated Christmas and Easter with stockings and colorful eggs, but I was left to my own accords on religion. I have taken part in many different religious groups/churches. The answers they all give are the same thing: believe blindly in this entity that no one has evidence of, except for a magical book that is written by man. But the thing is, all of the religions have the same evidence, and same ghost in the sky.

So how do you know yours is the right one without fully investigating each one?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Like what's a good example of an inconsistency in your opinion?

I know of a few good ones but I'd enjoy entertaining one of your favorites just out of pure curiosity.

Sorry for late reply. It was a mixture of forgetfulness and lack of internet.

Anyway, I will think on it and repost later.

Cheers.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The fact that many of the prophecies in the bible never came to pass is proof enough for me to know it was written by man and the writers weren't in a direct knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join