It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Woman harasses man using food stamps.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Your right. I didn't watch the whole thing and turned it off after 32 seconds. I do this often when the sides are blackened. If the camera person doesn't care enough to hold the phone to record then I won't sit through the full video.

I don't own a cell phone and even I know You turn the fricking thing to record.

And if somebody is on 'assistance' and has anything more than a phone for 911 then I agree it is a waste of resources (aka My tax $$)

Now I'm going to cash out these Stars like I give a 'snip' what someone I'll never meet thinks. I'm jealous that You have a big enough EGO for the both of Us..

Have a better day.

Now I'm going to go through Your profile and mark Stars for You to combat Your envy. But I only have time to Star You until 16:00 hrs. as I'm about to jump in My bass boat and go fishing.. Wish Me Luck

Edit: There You go.. I Starred You all the way down to "Dark Souls" in the video game section.. Now You can rest Your jealousy and work on another..
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: BootsOnNecks

a reply to: Klassified

"Maybe we should consider cleansing the gene pool too. If they can't take care of themselves, or contribute to society, we don't need them. They need to be spayed or neutered, so they don't produce any more offspring. "

Had you written just that you would have had my respect.

Had you not responded in ignorance, you would have had mine.

The day of the great culling is coming sir.
Just you wait.

Unfortunately, that won't surprise me in the least.

It's going to be YUUUGE..
We're going to make this country great again.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"Maybe we should consider cleansing the gene pool too. If they can't take care of themselves, or contribute to society, we don't need them. They need to be spayed or neutered, so they don't produce any more offspring. "

Just you wait.

That really sounds like your are threatening an ATS member that you disagree with.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

At least you admit you didn't watch it.

Good luck on the water, catch something big.

PS - I love all my new stars

edit on 3-5-2016 by Bennyzilla because: extra DIV

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Your right. I didn't watch the whole thing and turned it off after 32 seconds. I do this often when the sides are blackened. If the camera person doesn't care enough to hold the phone to record then I won't sit through the full video.

I don't own a cell phone and even I know You turn the fricking thing to record.

And if somebody is on 'assistance' and has anything more than a phone for 911 then I agree it is a waste of resources (aka My tax $$)

Now I'm going to cash out these Stars like I give a 'snip' what someone I'll never meet thinks. I'm jealous that You have a big enough EGO for the both of Us..

Have a better day.

Now I'm going to go through Your profile and mark Stars for You to combat Your envy. But I only have time to Star You until 16:00 hrs. as I'm about to jump in My bass boat and go fishing.. Wish Me Luck

The free phones are actually a scam and end up to be more expensive. believe me, i tried. A better bet for one on a budget is wal mart 'straigh talk', Cricket or 'freedom pop' I think it's called. Can have unlimited talk and text for $20 a month and buy a simple phone starting at $20. One has a decent smart phone for 9.99 no contract (not a Galaxy or an iphone, but decent).

An 'obamaphone' (misnamed, since they started during Bush) is a money drain. You run out of minutes after about 2 phone calls. The point of those were to be able to call your work, daycare, home if you were going to be late or your car broke down. They are pretty useless. It preys on the poor more than anything, they then buy more tracfone minutes A '911 only' phone exists, it costs about $80 though.

I understand what you mean, but even the 'obamaphones' are difficult to use. They are tiny and really awkward. I would not wish them on my worst enemy.
edit on 3-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: reldra

I wonder if it has anything to do with Donald Trump's brash, incendiary rhetoric.
edit on 3-5-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Just you wait.

That really sounds like your are threatening an ATS member that you disagree with.

Is that really what you think is happening?
HAHAHA Give it a rest son.
Go protest some lost cause i'll be praying for you.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Edumakated
I understand the woman's frustration, but randomly insulting and confronting someone in a line at Wal-Mart is out of line and rude. She does not know this guy's situation so it is awfully presumptuous of her to be accusing him of being a freeloader.

With that said, I get where she is coming from. Fraud is rampant and the system has basically bred a bunch of freeloaders who take no responsibility for their choices in life all while expecting the rest of us to subsidize them.

This 'fraud is rampant in the system' is a right wing talking point. When investigated, it was found that the number was just about as high as voter fraud...which is about .0000000000001%

The fraud that was mainly found was small shop owners that were ringing up things other than food as food.

USDA website and the FBI website will educate you on that.

Poor math skills are a left wing talking point.

From your own source, the USDA website.

Due to increased oversight and improvements to program management by USDA, the trafficking rate has fallen significantly over the last two decades, from about 4 cents on the dollar in 1993 to about 1 cent in 2006-08 (most recent data available).

So about 1 cent on the dollar. SNAP had about $75 billion in expenditures in 2014. That 1 cent fraud rate amounts to about $750,000,000 a year in fraud a lone. Almost a $1 billion. Of course, this is just the fraud they know about.

Further from the USDA,

"In FY 2012, over 100 analysts and investigators reviewed over 15,000 stores and conducted nearly 4,500 undercover investigations. Close to 1,400 stores were permanently disqualified for trafficking and nearly 700 stores were sanctioned for other violations such as the sale of ineligible items."

So they reviewed 15,000 stores and nearly 10% of them were so bad they had to permanently disqualify them for trafficking and don't think that fraud is "rampant"?

I can't count the number of times I have seen crackheads trying to trade food stamps for cash or other scams.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: reldra

I wonder if I has anything to do with Donald Trump's brash, incendiary rhetoric.

lol hmm....that may be right!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

yes, stores, not people. I believe I mentioned that.
edit on 3-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I can't count the number of times I have seen crackheads trying to trade food stamps for cash or other scams.

Maybe you just need to reassess the types of people you associate with mate.

Seriously though, how does a drug addict forfeiting there food stamps to sustain a habit equate to fraud?
edit on 3-5-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Because they received money from government funds, which we the people paid for in taxes, on drugs....

How can you spin that into not being fraud???

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Just you wait.

Is that really what you think is happening?
HAHAHA Give it a rest son.
Go protest some lost cause i'll be praying for you.

The day of the great culling is coming sir. Just you wait.

ok son, tell us about this great culling! How will it come about and by whom. You brought it up so explain yourself with something other than idle threats.

Will Trump and his supporters have a role to play in this "great culling" who is going to be "culled"? People of color, Mexicans, food stamp recipients, democrats, liberals, commies, who?

When you start "culling" folks, some might take it personally.

Well, I guess I won't be getting an answer....eh, BootsOnNecks...looks like you were the one that's been "culled"
edit on 3-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

At least you admit you didn't watch it.

Good luck on the water, catch something big.

PS - I love all my new stars

Here have another.. I was able to cash out 300 of Mine at .48¢ each, so keep that in mind..
I always throw whatever back in.. Catch and release. Last time there was a snake in the trolling motor so if I don't make it back..

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Because they received money from government funds, which we the people paid for in taxes, on drugs....

How can you spin that into not being fraud???

Seriously, WTF? It's not fraud because it is a crackhead? How can you even have a rational conversation with these folks? For some reason, I keep trying...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'll cash in my stars to make a good home for your dog in your avatar.

These stars won't go to waste

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Maybe you just need to reassess the types of people you associate with mate.

Seriously though, how does a drug addict forfeiting there food stamps to sustain a habit equate to fraud?

Since I live in a major urban area, all one has to do is go to any gas station, corner store, or grocery store parking lot and you will likely see a crackhead, meth head, or any other kind of dope fiend trying to sell food stamps for cash.

@ Relda, the number of stores is relevant because those stores couldn't engage in fraud if individuals were not patronizing them for such purposes. The store is just how the food stamps are converted. You folks are so caught up in trying to help the needy, you can't even see when you are being played for fools.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've seen food stamp fraud happen at a local 7/11. One time, the clerk sold a guy a few packs of Pall Malls and rang it up as "food purchase" or something. On another visit, I saw the same clerk outright buy the food stamp card for way less than its balance. Both times, the clerk didn't appear to notice me as I stood there and pretended to read sandwich labels. It's good to be this invisible sometimes, but it really gets annoying when I have to wait so long to be served at restaurants. I'm hoping the Great Cullers will ignore me when the time comes, though.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Yes please passover me in the culling

Do you think we need to mark our doors in lamb's blood or something??

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have no idea what the actual legal definition would be for someone who trades there food stamps in for something other than food under US law.

Point is, food stamps give millions of people the ability to sustain themselves and there families, who would otherwise struggle to do so... how can it be considered rational to claim the whole system is flawed, simply because you saw some guy trying to trade his food stamps for booze (or whatever) one time?

Obviously, there's always going to be a few people out there who have issues and will abuse the system... but does that really justify condemning their millions of people who do the right thing and rely on food stamps to feed themselves and the family?
edit on 3-5-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join