It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Woman harasses man using food stamps.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I have no idea what the actual legal definition would be for someone who trades there food stamps in for something other than food under US law.

It's illegal to do.

They call it fraud.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'll hazard a guess here and say that that bitch has never been on the receiving end of a right good kick up the ring.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I don't disagree with you but you're acting like the system is not flawed at all and needs no changes or improvements.

I have never personally suggested removing food stamps entirely, but to stick your head in the sand when it comes to the fraud that goes hand in hand with all social programs is ignorance.

The woman harassing this man is ignorant as all hell, but her anger didn't develop out of nowhere. There is a reason she is upset is because fraud within the system does in fact exist and if we never talk about it things will never change.

I also would question your use of the words "the right thing" when discussing relying on food stamps. I think it is good to give those who need assistance assistance. I don't think it is ever the "right" thing for these people to become reliant upon it. People are helped the best when they learn to help themselves, sometimes that means someone gives them a little boost to get going, but the responsibility should be on the individual to raise themselves up, not the country's.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I have no idea what the actual legal definition would be for someone who trades there food stamps in for something other than food under US law.

Point is, food stamps give millions of people the ability to sustain themselves and there families, who would otherwise struggle to do so... how can it be considered rational to claim the whole system is flawed, simply because you saw some guy trying to trade his food stamps for booze (or whatever) one time?

Obviously, there's always going to be a few people out there who have issues and will abuse the system... but does that really justify condemning their millions of people who do the right thing and rely on food stamps to feed themselves and the family?

Absolutely not. Some folks need the assistance. I pay taxes and say frak it - if they need it, they ought to be able to get it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BootsOnNecks

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Klassified

a reply to: Klassified

"Maybe we should consider cleansing the gene pool too. If they can't take care of themselves, or contribute to society, we don't need them. They need to be spayed or neutered, so they don't produce any more offspring. "

Had you written just that you would have had my respect.

Had you not responded in ignorance, you would have had mine.

The day of the great culling is coming sir.
Just you wait.

Unfortunately, that won't surprise me in the least.

It's going to be YUUUGE..
We're going to make this country great again.

I get the feeling this poster is like the woman that emailed racial threats to herself.

Glad the troll is banned.

Somehow I think, as someone else stated, this video could be a setup similar to this troll and the woman I referenced were.

If not, she should have the ignorance slapped out of her.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
The woman harassing this man is ignorant as all hell, but her anger didn't develop out of nowhere.

Oh, I totally agree her anger didn't develop from nowhere... but I think you give her far to much credit by associating some kind of complexity to her anger.

Truth is, she feels dissatisfied by where she is in life and it gives her great satisfaction to attack people she considers less than her... kicking people while there down gives her the sense of significance, which deep down she knows she does not possess.

Ever see a clutch of newly born chicks (chickens), with one that was born weaker than the others? The chicks seem to get a great satisfaction from pecking the weaker chick to death... Are we humans a higher from of entity, who are prepared to provide and protect those who are born less fortunate? Or are we just primitive animals pecking away at who we perceive as weaker than ourselves, in order to give us a sense of primitive superiority?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The reason people on this thread and the man in the video is mentioning the republicans is because there the ones who mostly want to cut food stamps for the poor.

They seem to get their jollies off of cutting food for poor children

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This ignorant repugnant woman is full of crap.

She knows nothing about this man life.

And as for she what happens if her husband or father dies and leaves her fat ass destitute?

She goes to get food stamps. Nothing wrong with that; at least their available for her.

That’s the point.

She better be grateful she didn’t get a knuckle sandwich for lunch for opening her big mouth

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: wantsome

What does one woman being an ass, have to do with Republicans or Democrats? Or it's just a chance for a shot at Republicans and showing your bias?

It doesn't.....except that that is exactly what happens when "a.person" wishes to prove that "a.political.point" must be true because here is the "a.example". Now I fully understand the utter stupidity and moronic attitude of the tabloids and some of their readers. BUT this is ATS where people are supposed to be a bit more clued up.......but they aren't.

So here we go on your response :

What does one woman being an ass, have to do with Republicans or Democrats?

too true , no problem

Or it's just a chance for a shot at Republicans and showing your bias?

Kaching here we go with BS. That woman is moronic FULL STOP. The moment you added your political bias you have become a moron like that woman DUH!!!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nobody shopping at Wal-Mart has the right to criticize another, let alone act holier than thou. It's Wal-Mart... nobody is literally better than you in that store.

Second, kudos for the young dude buying food for his kid and not Xbox games... Kix is good stuff.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Huh, guess she missed the memo in most places and it's going national very soon now that if you're on food stamps you have to be working. Or at least are enrolled in work training. That is unless you are on disability for example. Also, you are required to be working if going to college and trying to apply for food stamp benefits.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
People that are Wal mart cashiers not only qualify for food stamps, Wal Mart shows them how to get food stamps and medicaid.

I don't know where you got your info from, but with four family members who work at Walmart I must say I've never heard of Walmart showing anyone how to get food stamps or Medicaid. Also, both my son and son-in-law were making $11 per hour within 60 days of starting. Where I'm at, that's a pretty good wage. In my area NO ONE making $9-$11 per hour qualifies for food stamps unless they have 8 kids.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I have gotten FS's before and had a lady become very snotty to me, who was a clerk at the store I was shopping at, so after I "paid" for the food I told her I needed to continue shopping, because I forgot to get my steak and lobster and jumbo prawns and chocolate candy and soda pop.

So I went right back and got a ton of the most expensive food I could find, then went back to her register and enjoyed the look on her face. Before leaving I told her thanks to her for paying for it all for me with her taxes, and that I will think of her whenever I use my EBT card to get all the best food with.

That learned her!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Is there a transcript of the conversation available anywhere? I can't catch over half of what either one is saying.

In any case, we have a video that starts clearly well into some ongoing debate, and we have no idea who said what first. Nor does anything in that video relate to people being sent "off to war" or anything else of the sort. That you add such nonsense, instead of simply addressing the people there shows that you have an agenda here. Tsk, tsk.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

What does one woman being an ass, have to do with Republicans or Democrats? Or it's just a chance for a shot at Republicans and showing your bias?

Pound for pound, corrupt vain ignorant selfish greed, and caring not a whit about those who have to do without because you selfishly hog and stockpile resources, is a Republikkkan 'virtue'!
Others are also guilty, but not as culturally acknowledged as a virtue, as widely displayed, as among Republikkkan conservatives and 'Xtians'!
Truth is a fair 'bias'.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Picking on a young white guy. Bet she wouldn't pull that crap in the Wally Mart in my hood. She'd be the recipient of a few simultaneous flying tackles or a beat down in the parking lot.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Maybe the next person on stamps will be her...sometimes that is what it takes to gain understanding.
Seems to me though, to be a waste of effort and more than a bit cowardly to be throwing your weight around venting at an easy target in front of his kids, humiliating him while ignoring the corporate theives costing you literally 95 times more in taxes each year. Shrugs..your country..do what you like I guess..glad its not mine....yet.

Ro..

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Despicable. First of all the man has a child and a wife/girlfriend to take care of. Would that woman like for that child to suffer malnutrition? Or be taken in by the system? Second off, I don't know if he's taking advantage, neither does she. I don't know the details of their predicament and if they're trying to make their lives better. We can't know, but here she is complaining about someone trying to live and provide for their families and is being abused by this woman. Why doesn't she complain about the big corporations and wealthy folk taking advantage of the tax loopholes and other loopholes in the business?

People have become heartless and it truly is a shame that it takes a tragedy to unite us.

Your comment against Republicans though...it is a social issue, not a party issue.

Sorry to burst your bubble i HIGHLY DISLIKE THE loud mouth trapped lady behind the dude with EBT but using 'its for the children' is ridiculous.. no one made them NOT USE CONTRACEPTIVES OR HAVE A KID... lets get responsible.. you pop out a few kid's and its MY FAULT????? nutz.. take the pill dunce tramps and put a wrap on it loosers!! dont burden me with your highly selfish acts!!!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Programs like food stamps should be available to any who qualify for them.That
woman was way out of line for yelling and cussing that family out.One of these days
she could find herself in the same situation needing to use food stamps.
edit on 4-5-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

what kind of response is that?? im at a loss for words as to honestly how stupid and assuming you sound. could it be a possibility that they had kids when their lives were more stable and they had gainful employment??? could it be possible that one or both parents suffered from layoffs??? no your right though they decided to have kids just to screw you over and no other reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join