It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11-year old Alabama boy shoots home intruder: "He started crying like a little baby"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Also...The thief tried to escape with a "Hamper"...how desperate do you have to be to steal dirty clothes?

The hamper was loaded with the property he just stole. I guess your trying to make excuses for the multiple felon who forced his way into a home and threatened to murder a child also?? Anyone curious as to why police refuse the identity of the criminal, but the minor child is all over the news?? Almost like they trying to hide something??
edit on 5/2/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Also...The thief tried to escape with a "Hamper"...how desperate do you have to be to steal dirty clothes?

The hamper was loaded with the property he just stole. I guess your trying to make excuses for the multiple felon who forced his way into a home and threatened to murder a child also??

Oh yes...you busted me..that is exactly what I was trying to do...I am very pro-burglary ..you are very insightful to have noticed it and called me out on it!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes, yes I am. Its easy to see you were making some unwarranted attempt to elicit sympathy there, like a handful of others who chimed in. The world would be better off, or at least Talladega anyways, had the child succeeded in exterminating the vermin.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Anyone curious as to why police refuse the identity of the criminal, but the minor child is all over the news?? Almost like they trying to hide something??

I have got a mystery for you...

From interviews..

Chris and his mother -- who was not named by the station during an on-camera interview -- told WVTM-TV that they were familiar with the suspected intruder, though they don't know him well.

Chris referred to the man as "a meth-head" in his 30s who had robbed them before and is known for targeting other homes in the area.

Gaither’s mother said this man has robbed their house before.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Were the previous break-ins reported?
If so, why wasn't this man arrested?
Why was an 11 year boy left home alone with an unsecured weapon?
And they knew the perpetrator? A Meth-head?

Cuz now we are talking central Alabama Apalachia...See while you race bait with " Anyone curious as to why police refuse the identity of the criminal, ................Almost like they trying to hide something??"

The perp is more likely a color that wouldn't fit your agenda...and again...If they "knew" this Meth-Head and hadn't reported him for previous break-ins...and have a 9MM lying around for an 11 year old home alone boy?..

I suspect that the Mother or father of this boy might have some experience with Crystal Meth...either consumption or distribution...Which is rampant in Talladega!

Flow of illegal drugs strong in Talladega County
Link

Just as long as we are speculating...........

edit on 2-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh I see your reading minds like me now ?? Except, I did not even try to allude to anything race related. In fact, I was more going down the road of "why was he not already behind bars" like you said. I already read the interviews about him being a junkie, thats why I have continue to call him a junkie felon.

Still no answer as to why his identity is not made public. I see no problem with leaving an 11 year old home alone. There are countries where 8 year old walk alone from town to town. Just because fanatic anti gun liberals raise children on Disney, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network who may end up believing that shooting someone produces rainbows and sunshine instead blood and that criminals are just victims of rich people who dont share, does not mean there are no children who are not proficient in the use of these tools.

The list of kids stopping criminals from committing crimes with a firearm is rather large, and many don't make national headlines at all. just search on youtube as I have provided. Your fears would be unfounded if we simply started training kids from K-12 on safety as well as breakdown and maintenance techniques.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Pretty much.

When you break into a house, you've taken a big gamble, and someone just might call you on it.

The kid needs a little work on his accuracy.

Not much else.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Maybe so, but I'm just as glad the kid doesn't have that on his soul.

Things like that come back on a person.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm on the fence with this - i commend him for being brave, standing ground. However, firing 11 bullets into a guy fleeing with a hamper, is recklace.

Would he want to kill a guy over a hamper, at his age?

I agree, no one should be on his property and he has the right to use protection. But firing 11 bullets at a man with a hamper, i dunno - just glad it didn't end up in tragedy.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

In fact, I was more going down the road of "why was he not already behind bars" like you said.

Right...they knew the guy...he had broken in before...was a meth head...but somehow he was not behind bars?

My guess is that if this kid had not actually hit the guy with that last shot as he was hopping the fence, this never would have been reported...like presumably it wasn't reported before ....since the mom said this same guy had broken in before?

I'd speculate this boys parents are either sellers or buyers...most likely sellers if the Meth Head saw them as a target to burglarize...Explains the unreported previous burglaries by this perp..the 9mm within easy access for an 11 year boy and why the perp would repeatedly break into this otherwise not obviously wealthy home.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Or...

He's an informant of some sort? Or he's related to someone in govt? There are any number of reasons, including non-reporting, why he's not in jail.

The family are suppliers? Really? Do you have anything even vaguely resembling a good reason to believe this? Somehow, I doubt it.
edit on 5/2/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

we don't know that he was not arrested or that it was never reported prior. That information is not mentioned. My concern is he was arrested, and let go on probation by apologists who paint him as a victim of circumstance. You done come up with an entirely fictional scenario utilizing little to no information to back these claims other than the common knowledge to the neighborhood that the repeat felon is a junkie.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The intruder made it out the front door with a hamper in hand. That’s when Gaither started firing off bullets. As the intruder was about to jump a fence in the front yard, Gaither’s 12th and final shot hit the suspect in the leg.

Isn't it against the law to shoot someone who is (unarmed and) fleeing? If he was an adult, this kid would probably be arrested for aggravated assault, or something.

Lucky thing he didn't kill the guy.

Not in every state, it isn't. Nor should it be. Property defense is every bit as valid a reason to drill someone as personal defense is. In fact, most Castle Doctrine states would pat this young man on the back and thank him for his service. Needs to work on that aim, though... hitting a guy in the leg is a good way to get sued in a civil court (where all bets are off depending on how stacked the jury is).

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That opinion is based on the idea that castle doctrine is not a ridiculous concept.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It is only a ridiculous concept to those who would just lay down and say "thank you for choosing me to be your victim today, please take everything I own and worked hard for, and try not to shoot me in the face when you kill me, you know for the wake and all" . How could a sane independent human not agree with castle doctrine?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Since this is a child, it's lucky the intruder didn't take the gun away from him and kill him with it, which he probably could have done at will. Eleven shots fired and lost. Plenty of time for the robber to approach the boy and wrestle the gun away from him. This child put his life in danger for whatever objects in a clothes hamper. Because he is a child.

Children shouldn't have access to guns.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I know very well what I done come up with.

Point being... We don't know the story. The kid, rightly or wrongly, defended himself from what he perceived to be a danger.

He did nothing wrong. The dude broke into the wrong home, quite obviously. I'm guessing he'll think twice afore doin' that there thing agin...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That opinion is based on the idea that castle doctrine is not a ridiculous concept.

Actually, it's based on the law in those states that prescribe to it. Personally, I find it to be based on a law of natural consequences... if someone knows they are in a state where they can justifiably be put down like the curr they are by a homeowner, and still decide to rob that homeowner, it's simply a case of some thug closing to commit assisted suicide.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If anybody wants to know why many around the world are opposed to American gun culture, just read this thread.

A society that is so consumed by seeking vengeance and dispersing punishment is not a healthy one.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

By the time I was 11, I'd already put deer in the freezer, had shot God knows how many rabbit and quail, and was the executioner for our annual hog slaughtering.

Physical age is far less important than mental maturity and decision making skills.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't hail the kid as a hero but rather as a victim who was forced to defend himself as best he could. The home invader is a POS. If he tries to get a lawyer to sue, break his legs and his attorney's legs. If any attorney wants to charge the kid, break that attorney's legs. The judge too if he lets it get to court. BTW, why are they keeping the home intruder's identity a secret? The media needs to stop sucking and get to the facts. They parade the kid for sensationalism so both the left and right can spin it. But the criminal gets preferential treatment. Also, they're covering up that Mexican nationals were likely behind the massacre of that family in Ohio. Again, the media has to stop sucking just like the feds have to.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Dutchowl because: Missed point i wanted to add.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join